cancel an excursion

jb8162

If I schedule an excursion and pay for it online, and for some reason I don't feel like going on it after I have already boarded, am I still able to cancel for a full refund.

Here is Carnival's policy for cancellations in the scenario you describe:

On Board Shore Tour Cancellations

After the Pre-Sail cut-off time (11:30pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure), cancellations must be handled on board and cancellation charges are as follows:

• 25% charge once on board
  • 100% charge if cancellation within 24 hours of arrival in port
  • Refunds less cancellation charges will be applied in the form of a refundable On Board Credit to the guest's Sail & Sign account.
  • If during the cruise, Tour Operations cancels an excursion that has been pre-purchased, the guest will receive a refundable On Board Credit applied to his/her Sail & Sign account.
  • Sail & Sign credit balances will be paid to the guest in the form of a Carnival check at the end of the voyage.

Edit: I probably should have included the web site link where I found that info. Here it is: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1332

Thanks for the info and the quick reply. My biggest concern is the fact that my trip is in the fall New England / Canada. If it is raining and it is an outside excursion, I don't think we would want to go on it. Do you think that the cruise line (Carnival) would cancel the excursion?

Thanks for the info and the quick reply. My biggest concern is the fact that my trip is in the fall New England / Canada. If it is raining and it is an outside excursion, I don't think we would want to go on it. Do you think that the cruise line (Carnival) would cancel the excursion?

What is the excursion? You may wish to book privately with a vendor that does not charge until you take the tour...

most ship excursions is rain or shine. the tour can still take place when it rails. If the tour operator/company cancels the tour due to bad weather, they will notify the ship and the ship will automatically give you a credit. I did a ship excursion tour in the new england area where the tour bus broke down during the tour, canceling the tours. the tour driver had to carefully limp the broken bus back to the ship. When i got on the ship, i was surprised to see a refund already posted my account

I have had ship excursions cancelled due to weather. If it is just rain and not lightning or a torrential downpour, it is doubtful they will cancel. If an excursion is cancelled by the cruise line, they will credit your S&S.

I have had ship excursions cancelled due to weather. If it is just rain and not lightning or a torrential downpour, it is doubtful they will cancel. If an excursion is cancelled by the cruise line, they will credit your S&S.

On our last cruise, DW signed up for the helmet dive. When she went down to the pier, they told her that the dive had been canceled because of rough seas, the visibility would have been too bad to be able to see anything. They just credited our account.