Taking water or pop onboard?

Just put a luggage tag on an unopened case of water or soda (or put the unopened case in a duffel) and give it to the porters. It's technically not allowed, but they only enforce that rule during spring break.

Same in Port Canaveral too.

We just sailed from San Juan in March. They sell cases of water in the terminal. Ha! I don't think I would be drinking all 24 bottles right there before boarding! :eek: LOL

Just have everyone in your party have a large shoulder bag and throw a few bottles in each bag. Spread it around ;)

~Bob~

Does anyone know if you can take your own water or pop on board? were leaving out of Baltimore in June. If so do you have to sneak it on or take it as a carry on?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details/print.do?faqId=260&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqType=faq

We usually take 3 giant mouthwash bottles and dump it out.

Then fill it with "pop".

Thats the best way to get it on without being caught..

Not really - they can see those giant bottles on the scanner and common sense would make them question why someone would be bringing three (or even one) giant bottles of mouthwash on a seven day cruise. Many have been called to the naughty room who have legitimate large mouthwash bottles. Also, it is impossible to get the taste out of those bottles - and many have tried - so, if you like mouthwash flavored drinks, give it a go.

You should add that this rule is very seldomly enforced.

Yes. I forgot this time!!;)

But, simple case as why people bring kids in the solarium, don't dress for dinner anymore, save pool chairs, save seats in the theater, etc...... no matter what signs say all over the ship. When some see people hauling cases of soda and water on board, and it makes it on, why follow any rules as the company does not seem to care.

No matter how you wash it, you're breaking the rules.;)

Just off Brilliance TA. We bought a case of water in San Juan and slapped a luggage tag on it. They delivered it to the room - no problem.

I reinforced the plastic packaging with a couple of wraps of clear packing tape. Also used the clear packing tape to stick on the luggage tag.

Yes. I forgot this time!!;)

But, simple case as why people bring kids in the solarium, don't dress for dinner anymore, save pool chairs, save seats in the theater, etc...... no matter what signs say all over the ship. When some see people hauling cases of soda and water on board, and it makes it on, why follow any rules as the company does not seem to care.

No matter how you wash it, you're breaking the rules.;)

No if a rule is not enforced it is not a rule.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I see. :eek:

No wonder why so many towels get a pool side lounger!!!:)

You know I agree with you that many of RCI's rules should be enforced, however they aren't. However rules like bringing your water make no sense and are not usually enforced. So just because someone brings a few bottles of water does not make then a criminal!

You know I agree with you that many of RCI's rules should be enforced, however they aren't. However rules like bringing your water make no sense and are not usually enforced. So just because someone brings a few bottles of water does not make then a criminal!

I never said anyone was a criminal. I just laugh at some of the same people that bring water and soda, by the case on one thread will preach about dress codes, saving seats and kids in the solarium. Rules are rules and either you follow or break them. You should not pick and choose. What makes no sense to you could make perfect sense to someone else.

example:

It makes no sense to me that my kids can not come in the solarium with me and hang out for the day as long as they behave. Heck with that rule in writing. I'll just smoke this e-cig in a smoking area. It's not real so the rule makes no sense to me.

See where I'm going.? I do not feel, when someone asks a question that I should encourage them to break the rules on a public forum. That's why I always post what is a rule on the website.

I taught my kids to follow the rules no matter what anyone else is doing.

So I am now to believe that RCI no longer serves water at meals and that the water in your room tap is unfit to drink?

Why else would you schlepp a case or two of Poland Spring on your cruise?

And I know that they still sell soda on board so why schlepp all that soda aboard? And please don't tell me it is a Pepsi vs Coke thing. Cause Pepsi is barf plain and simple. I mean it IS rum and COKE and Jack and COKE.

So I am now to believe that RCI no longer serves water at meals and that the water in your room tap is unfit to drink?

And I know that they still sell soda on board so why schlepp all that soda aboard? And please don't tell me it is a Pepsi vs Coke thing. Cause Pepsi is barf plain and simple. I mean it IS rum and COKE and Jack and COKE.

That's because Coke is so bad you need to put alcohol it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure if folks are afraid of the drinking water on board or what. Perhaps it is just a matter of convenience and being used to having bottled water everywhere you go these days.

They do serve water at dinner and the ship purifies water to an extent more than any water on earth. Anyway, it took up some space in the carry on bags, but we used these http://www.amazon.com/Bobble-Water-Bottle-Ounce-Magenta/dp/B003LTFS5Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367024379&sr=8-1&keywords=bobble+bottles We filled them up with the ice water in the Windjammer each day on the way to the pool or a shore excursion.

~Bob~

Please POOPSIE is made from just that POOP.

Oooh ouch! Just remember RC is all Coca-Cola. Just sayin' ;)

My neighbor works for Pepsi, but wife and I are 100% Coke fans. But we provide alcohol so he keeps coming over! LOL

~Bob~

Archived