229 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you stand with "insider cruising"

• Only been inside - totally content
    • Only been inside but would move up in a heartbeat
    • Tried the big stuff - glad to be back inside
    • Balcony snob only
    • Suite stuff for us
    • OK as long as I can see outside

We're "insiders." I know there are others of you out there because I bump into you in the hallways. Show yourselves.

ok, i am here...we are insiders too..i love inside cabins..:D

we don't use our cabins much , only for changing clothes and sleeping, and i love it , it is so dark...i get my best sleeps on a cruise..

We are also insiders. We've have a few OV's, will be getting our first balcony in Feb. for our Panamal Canal cruise and also booked one for our cruise next Sept. We don't mind the inside rooms and love the money we save. Can't wait for my first balcony though, my DH is afraid I will turn into a balcony snob.:rolleyes:

I knew you guys were out there. I guess it's the "other half" who mostly post on these boards. I was beginning to feel in the minority until I remembered I was not the only one in those halls.

I'll gladly take two inside cruises rather than a suite, or balcony, or whatever.:D :D

Just booked our VIRGIN cruise today. :)

Booked balcony for the mrs and me

Booked inside across the hall for the kids (teens)

Also we(mrs and me) just made a sign up for our cabin "If the ship is a rockin, dont come a knockin":D

Cant wait

Edit to add, the only reason we went with the balcony for us is that it was only 301 per person more

the only reason we went with the balcony for us is that it was only 301 per person more

$602 more per cabin is within a few dollars of what one of us paid for our recent 12 night Med. cruise and that was for a superior inside which was almost as large as the inside of a balcony cabin on the ship we were on. We've had (paid for)balcony cabins but I rather cruise more often than pay for a balcony but will put up with one if the cruise line wants to upgrade me.

Had a jr suite last time, will try the owner's suite on the Freedom next month. Wife and I don't have too much time for vacations, so when we do have time to go, we try to spoil our selves a little. Plus I love looking at the ocean 24/7, one of the main reasons why I enjoy cruising.

loooooved my inside room on my first cruise. We have another inside booked for our next. I would love to test out the balcony cabins, but only if it were a free upgrade. Obviously inside guarantee---->Balcony cabin upgrade, probably will never happen. So, for now I am perfectly content with my inside room :).

Kinda limited choices, what if you sometimes do a inside cabin because of cost, but prefer OV. I dont even see a choice I fit into.

Is OV considered the "big stuff" to the OP?, other than that, what fits?

Iv probably done OV only slightly more than inside.

We're "insiders." I know there are others of you out there because I bump into you in the hallways. Show yourselves.

2 days to go, this will be our third cruise- third inside, Inside cabin I get to go on a cruise, Much more than that I don't get to cruise..

Put me in the engine room with a hammock and i would be happy!

2 days to go, this will be our third cruise- third inside, Inside cabin I get to go on a cruise, Much more than that I don't get to cruise..

Put me in the engine room with a hammock and i would be happy!

What a great idea! Then you could pack up the hammock move up to the pool and tie to a couple of bar stools or anywhere you want :D . Don't have to worry about finding a chair either. Enjoy your cruise Bob!

It all depends on the cost and if I can justify the difference I have sailed in them all, and have no issue with a inside cabin, To get a true feeling weather its a inside or is it about the money. ask: If someone was paying for your cruise which cabin would you choose.

I couldn't vote, not one really applied to me.

It all depends on the cost and if I can justify the difference I have sailed in them all, and have no issue with a inside cabin, To get a true feeling weather its a inside or is it about the money. ask: If someone was paying for your cruise which cabin would you choose.

I couldn't vote, not one really applied to me.

Im glad Im not the only one who felt this way. The poll represents both extremes, but I guess they never promised a real poll since it is titled insiders unite.

I agree its about the money. If it was free, Id take a balcony, lol, but Id be happier in a OV than a inside.

Archived