M Class Sweet 16 Cabins - Lounger on balcony

roe2ship

There were no loungers on the balcony. I have seen pictures with a lounger, so there is a possibility that if you ask your cabin steward, you might get one. My experience was that I was doing a B2B on summit. First leg was in an OV cabin, and the night before the end of the first leg, I went up to the area where my new cabin would be ans asked if there was a lounger on the balcony (because if there was, I wanted them to leave it there). the person I asked was the cabin assistant, not the steward. He said no loungers on these balconies. I explained I would be moving into that cabin the next day and he told me I couldn't have access until 1pm. Well, what do you do with your luggage if your belongings if you have to vacate the previous cabin by 8:30am? I decided not to get into a confrontation with one of the psople who would be serving me for the next week. Instead, I went back to my current cabin, and told my steward what had been said. He said no, he would help me move, and would take care of it. Celebrity really needs to work on their B2B policies/procedures. I got my stuff moved, but could not stay to unpack until after 1pm. Those who were staying in their same cabin also could not access cabin until after 1pm. Sorry, a little rant there...EM

I think I am booked into one of the "sweet sixteen" cabins on the Summit to Bermuda in July (cabin 6033). What exactly makes these cabins "sweet"? I read somewhere that they have larger balconies though this wasn't evident on the deck plan. I was worried that this cabin might be noisy because of it's location directly above the theatre. Can anyone advise whether this is a good location or not. Thanks.

I think I am booked into one of the "sweet sixteen" cabins on the Summit to Bermuda in July (cabin 6033). What exactly makes these cabins "sweet"? I read somewhere that they have larger balconies though this wasn't evident on the deck plan. I was worried that this cabin might be noisy because of it's location directly above the theatre. Can anyone advise whether this is a good location or not. Thanks.

The Sweet Sixteen name was coined on Cruise Critic. The forward most 16 veranda cabins (eight on each side) of the M Class ships have verandas that are double depth. We stayed in one of these (6030) and had no issues with sound from the theatre nor any other sound issues.

This photo says it all if you compare the depth of vranda 6030 to 6028: http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1373724618072643706PYnbJg

The Sweet Sixteen name was coined on Cruise Critic. The forward most 16 veranda cabins (eight on each side) of the M Class ships have verandas that are double depth. We stayed in one of these (6030) and had no issues with sound from the theatre nor any other sound issues.

This photo says it all if you compare the depth of vranda 6030 to 6028: http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1373724618072643706PYnbJg

Thanks so much! I didn't understand how the balcony could be bigger but your photo made everything clear. Glad to hear noise wasn't a problem.

Thanks so much! I didn't understand how the balcony could be bigger but your photo made everything clear. Glad to hear noise wasn't a problem.

You're welcome. But while I have a lot of nice cruise photos that one isn't mine - just a link to a photo I saw posted long ago on Cruise Critic. So I can't take the credit for that.

BTW - I don't recall having a lounge on our Sweet Sixteen veranda but it was 5 years ago and I can't remember for certain. I have seen a lot of posts over the years which seem to indicate that it has become more problematic in recent times than in the past for stateroom stewards to bring lounges down to staterooms that don't normally have them. So experiences from years ago might not be relevant in any event.

I'm still a little bit irritated that our Celebrity Suite on Solstice has a huge balcony and only 1 lounger. 3 of us are sharing the suite. We'll have to take turns, I guess. :mad: There are 4 chairs around a table, but they are just straight chairs, no recline, so I can't imagine they would be very comfortable for sitting out on the deck for extended periods of time as we plan to do. Guess we'll have to lie on towels on the deck floor???

Had a large balcony on Constellation but could not get a lounge chair. Cabin attendant was not allowed to get one; guest relations was adamant said it was "not safe." I think now they are more transparent -- lounge chairs are a "perk" of CC cabins unrelated to size of balcony. (except on Century where we had a CC but no lounge chair...)

I was in 6030 on a TA in 2009. I read before we boarded that they were not allowed. I was pleasantly surprised to find one when we arrived. I believe the guests before us must have "talked" the cabin steward into getting one for them, and it was too much trouble remove it. Maybe you'll get lucky too.

Cynthia

Yes, we asked our attendant as soon as we arrived and he left and came back with 2 loungers for us. I gave him $10. for doing this for us. We were on the Connie and this was about 6 yrs. ago. I think our cabin number was 6035 and it was a nice comfortable cabin and we spent many hours on the balcony.

Ruthk,

St. Catharines, Ontario,

Canada.

Is 6021 considered a sweet 16?

Thanks.

Yes....if you look at the picture "dforeigner" posted, 6021 (on opposite side) is like the first three cabins from the bow in the photo. They appear to be a bit more closed in around steel. Here is a picture I had saved when I was researching information on the sweet 16 cabins...those first three cabins on each side look something like this:

BG-17.jpg

Yes....if you look at the picture "dforeigner" posted, 6021 (on opposite side) is like the first three cabins from the bow in the photo. They appear to be a bit more closed in around steel. Here is a picture I had saved when I was researching information on the sweet 16 cabins...those first three cabins on each side look something like this:

BG-17.jpg

Thanks. Looks closed in, but I guess that means more privacy as well.

Not sure if I had an official 'sweet 16' but as our balcony was angled and considerably larger I think we did on our Millie cruise 3/18. Asked for a lounger and cabin steward said we could not have one. He said people in that cabin always ask and he has to always say no. I think it may depend somewhat on how full the cruise is (ours was very full) but I think overall you will likely not get one. Probably CC people and above were complaining that it was a perk they were paying extra for. I believe on occasion people have been known to 'borrow' their own lounges from other decks but I don't think I would chance it myself.

We have had multiple loungers when we cruised in FV on M class. Not sure why Suites would not have two loungers?

We too were on the March 18 sailing on the Millenium. According to our waiter Savio, there were 2005 passengers onboard and there are currently 2500 passengers onboard for the current 11 day sailing.

We were in cabin 6033; one of the sweet 16. For sailaway, there were 10 people on our balcony with plenty of room to move around. Before going to dinner the first night, we requested 2 lounge chairs for our balcony and my sister's next door to us; also a sweet sixteen. The next day, when we returned to the ship from Tortola, there were 2 lounge chairs on our balcony and the one next to us.

We too were on the March 18 sailing on the Millenium. According to our waiter Savio, there were 2005 passengers onboard and there are currently 2500 passengers onboard for the current 11 day sailing.

We were in cabin 6033; one of the sweet 16. For sailaway, there were 10 people on our balcony with plenty of room to move around. Before going to dinner the first night, we requested 2 lounge chairs for our balcony and my sister's next door to us; also a sweet sixteen. The next day, when we returned to the ship from Tortola, there were 2 lounge chairs on our balcony and the one next to us.

Glad for you - and once again PO'd by Celebrity's inconsistency. Passengers should not have to rely on luck of the draw as regards service. Oh well - it was a wonderful cruise regardless.

• 1 month later...
Glad for you - and once again PO'd by Celebrity's inconsistency. Passengers should not have to rely on luck of the draw as regards service. Oh well - it was a wonderful cruise regardless.

Agree and can only my luck is running well when I board in Feb. as I will definately ask in my most persuasive manner and we'll see what happens. Heck they could make some money as I'd gladly pay $40 or something for a week's use of a lounger on my sweet sixteen veranda. Just MHO of course.

Archived