Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

Thanks to all who have left messages since my last visit here (over 24 hours ago).

Hello, "Fighterone." In your first message, you wrote this:

"Where is the Molecular Bar on Solstice? Are the daily specialty drinks the only ones that come in a souvenir glass unless you request a regular glass? What martinis have you all tried and which ones are your favorites?"

I can answer only the first question, but hope that others will reply to the other two.

I have read that the Molecular Bar is either in, or is a different name for, "Galleria Tastings," which is on Deck 5, next to Bistro on 5. (The deck layout, however, does not mention the name, "Molecular Bar," for some reason.)

In your second message, "Fighterone," you wrote this:

"I have yet to see a Wine List by the bottle with the prices. Would [you] happen to have one of those?"

One page at the Celebrity site says that the smaller ships have over 300 varieties of wine, while the larger ships have over 450.

I can quickly send you to a 22-page list from June of 2008 (posted by "little britain"), but I don't know how accurate it would remain:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/564642780vYlqpC

Here is one (posted by "Lsimon") from later in 2008:

http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Cruise-Ship-Rooms-and-Features/Menus-and-Information/4467773_J9pi2#380496420_LXanH

I will try to find a much more recent wine list that I have now "misplaced" -- one that was used for preparing part of the big list, above. Aha! Here it is (posted by "Albert Ross," who referred to it as the MDR wine list):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=160677&d=1277749749

Although the above list is substantial, I have a feeling that many other wines (by the bottle) may be available elsewhere on the ship, perhaps at the Cellar Masters Lounge. Aha, again! I just found THEIR list via a lucky search. Scroll down to see pages 5 through 9 here:

http://www.spittoon.biz/images/pdf_uploads/Cellarmasters%20Wine%20Menu%204.7.10.pdf

Well JG51, the dilemmma is over.

Thanks to all the great information you provided, DH has purchased the premium package for me! The topic had been a popular one here and I had decided not to purchase it myself due to the cost but to give him the opportunity of offering it to me as a gift if he would like to.

Yippee!!! It worked.

This adds a whole new dimension to my vacation since I will be trying out many new things. As a matter of fact, I will be writing a schedule of items to try that I have never had such as Ecstase (spelling?) and fine Ports which retails for $72.00 a bottle. I have printed out every bar menu found here. Thank you again.

Edited by Fighterone

4 adults (premium alc) and son (classic non-alc) just returned from Elclipse in the Med. Certainly got our moneys worth, compared to what we would have had to pay at the end of the cruise. No extra tax applied when in Spanish waters.

Normal day - fresh orange at breakfast / water to take ashore and cabin / few cokes/fantas during the day / special coffee in the afternoon (loved the iglu after being onshore). Beer or cider on deck in the afternoon. At 5pm men went for their g+ts and bloody marys and the ladies had a few sailaway cocktails (pina coladas/mudslides). A few vodkas or g+ts back to the room to get ready for dinner. Martini before dinner (guys serving are amazing). 2 or 3 glasses of wine with dinner. Few vodkas / g+t at the show, then a couple of nightcaps in the ensemble lounge.

Went to Qsine (which was fantasic!!!) and in there for 4 1/2 hours. Must have had about 5 or 6 glasses of wine - all included.

I like vodka and coke and prefer a can of coke. Only 2 people objected to me getting these 2 drinks at the same time - so we didn't go back to them, but everyone else was fine.

Our somellier at dinner was great, and most of the time you wouldn't even notice him refilling your glass.

We only found the molecular bar on our last night - maybe just as well as the cocktails were superb.

We never had to sign for anything, but several times items were charged to our account, but this was corrected no problem when pointed out to the staff at guest relations.

Our friends paid for the package beforehand, and had PALL written on them. We got ours when on board and a small sticker was added to the card.

Also, we didnt have a problem getting 4 drinks by 1 person if they had 4 cards.

It certainly added to our enjoyment - not worrying about what we were spending (the cocktails and wine didn;t take long to add up to our $56 daily cost).

4 adults (premium alc) and son (classic non-alc) just returned from Elclipse in the Med. Certainly got our moneys worth, compared to what we would have had to pay at the end of the cruise. No extra tax applied when in Spanish waters.

Normal day - fresh orange at breakfast / water to take ashore and cabin / few cokes/fantas during the day / special coffee in the afternoon (loved the iglu after being onshore). Beer or cider on deck in the afternoon. At 5pm men went for their g+ts and bloody marys and the ladies had a few sailaway cocktails (pina coladas/mudslides). A few vodkas or g+ts back to the room to get ready for dinner. Martini before dinner (guys serving are amazing). 2 or 3 glasses of wine with dinner. Few vodkas / g+t at the show, then a couple of nightcaps in the ensemble lounge.

Went to Qsine (which was fantasic!!!) and in there for 4 1/2 hours. Must have had about 5 or 6 glasses of wine - all included.

I like vodka and coke and prefer a can of coke. Only 2 people objected to me getting these 2 drinks at the same time - so we didn't go back to them, but everyone else was fine.

Our somellier at dinner was great, and most of the time you wouldn't even notice him refilling your glass.

We only found the molecular bar on our last night - maybe just as well as the cocktails were superb.

We never had to sign for anything, but several times items were charged to our account, but this was corrected no problem when pointed out to the staff at guest relations.

Our friends paid for the package beforehand, and had PALL written on them. We got ours when on board and a small sticker was added to the card.

Also, we didnt have a problem getting 4 drinks by 1 person if they had 4 cards.

It certainly added to our enjoyment - not worrying about what we were spending (the cocktails and wine didn;t take long to add up to our $56 daily cost).

thanks for posting ... you sealed the deal

I. Sorry, "bohaiboy," but I can't help you on that topic. I hope that someone else can do so.

II. Congratulations, "Fighterone"! I'm happy for you.

III. That was quite a rundown, "mawsmaw"! You must have been feeling happy all day long.

IV.

Hi all a quick question,if we purchase the package a year in advance and pay the price is held,what happens if the prices are raised on board so limiting our choice,or would the package limits increase

I doubt that your question has been raised before, so we can only speculate. If a large number of prices are raised in January, 2011 (e.g., from $11 or $12 to $12.50 or $13) -- and if the Premium package price is raised too (e.g., from $49 to $53 per day) -- then my guess is that Celebrity will change the terms of the package, raising the upper limit from $12 to $13. Is that a reasonable guess?

Dear members interested in wines by the glass,

In my opening post of this thread, I listed (roughly) sixty varieties of wines available by the glass -- that is, all the varieties of which I was aware at that time. Included were roughly twenty varieties, flagged with an "m," that were on a main-dining-room wine menu.

Since displaying the opening post, I have become aware of an additional group of varieties (about twenty-five), which are listed on menus in the specialty restaurants or the Cellar Masters lounge. I have therefore decided to display an updated list now, showing all (roughly) eighty-five varieities. I will also use two new abbreviations (in addition to "m") after the prices in dollars ... and I will use abbreviations [in brackets like these] to show the national origin of the varieties. [Please excuse any errors!]

Enjoy!

Venue Codes:

m = Main Dining Room

s = Specialty Restaurants

c = Cellar Masters

[no code] = other bars/lounges (e.g., Ensemble, Oceanview, Passport, Lawn Club, etc.)

==> (White - 28:)

Paco & Lola, Albariño [sp] 8.0c

Benziger, Chardonnay [uS] 9.0

Casa Lapostolle, Chardonnay [uS] 10.0c

Celebrity, Chardonnay [uS] 9.0m

Freemark Abbey, Chardonnay [uS] 8.5c

Frog's Leap, Chardonnay [uS] 12.0s

Il Borro, Chardonnay [it] 9.5

St. Francis, Chardonnay [uS] 8.0m

Sequoia Grove, Chardonnay [uS] 8.5c

Wente, Chardonnay [uS] 8.5

Murphy Goode, Fume Blanc [uS] 8.0c

Fantinel, Pinot Grigio [it] 7.0

Corte Giara, Pinot Grigio [it] 7.0

Bollino, Pinot Grigio [it] 7.5m

Elk Cove, Pinot Gris [uS] 11.0c

Roux, Pouilly-Fuisse [Fr] 9.0m

Michel Redde, Pouilly-Fume [Fr] 8.5ms

Leasingham, Riesling [Au] 6.5c

Muller Catoir, Riesling [Ge] 8.0s

Selbach, Riesling [Ge] 6.0m

SA Prum, Riesling Essence [Ge] 6.0

Pacific Rim, Riesling [uS] 9.0m

Southern Right, Sauvignon Blanc [sA] 6.5m

Babich, Sauvignon Blanc [NZ] 8.5

Brancott, Sauvignon Blanc [NZ] 6.5c

Cakebread, Sauvignon Blanc [uS] 10s

La Roncaia, Tocia Fruliano [it] 8.0c

Paul Jaboulet, Viognier [Fr] 5.5m

==> (Red - 31:)

Prunotto, Barbera D'Alba [it] 6.5c

Mt Redon, Chateauneuf Du Pape [Fr] 12.0c

Wente, Cabernet Sauvignon [uS] 7.5

Celebrity, Cabernet Sauvignon [uS] 9.0m

Heritage, Cabernet Sauvignon [uS] 7.5

Pian de Nova, Cabernet Sauvignon [it] 10.5

Heron's Nest, Cabernet Sauvignon/Pinotage [sA] 5.5m

Calina, Carmenere [Chile] 8.5

Superieur, Chateau Castera [Fr] 8.5m

Antinori, Chianti Classico Riserva [it.] 9.5s

Tenuta di Nozzole, Chianti Classico Riserva [it] 8.5

Bodegas E.A., Garnacha [sp] 7.5c

Bodegas Renacer, Malbec [Arg] 6.0

Catena Zapata, Malbec [Arg] 10.5c

Fantinel, Merlot [it] 7.0m

Rutherford, Merlot [uS] 8.0ms

St. Francis, Merlot [uS] 9.0c

Benton Lane, Pinot Noir [uS] 11.0c

Foley, Pinot Noir [uS] 12.0c

Nickel & Nickel, Pinot Noir [uS] 11.5ms

Kendall Jackson, Pinot Noir [uS] 8.0

Grove Mill, Pinot Noir [NZ] 11.0

Antinori, Rosso [it] 8.0c

Antinori, Sangiovesse [it] 12.0

Greg Norman, Shiraz [Au] 8.0c

Peter Lehmann, Shiraz [Au] 8.0m

Il Borro, Super Tuscan [it] 9.0m

Tenuta di Arceno, Super Tuscan [it] 8.5c

Bodega Juanico, Tannat [ur] 11.5c

M de Concordia, Tempranillo [sp] 6.5

Chiarello, Zinfandel [uS] 11.0

==> (Rose'/Blush - 3:)

Colombo, Cotes de Provence [Fr] 6.5m

Beringer, White Zinfandel [uS] 5.5m

Tenuta Guada al Tasso, Scalabrone [it] 7.0

Chateau d'Esclans "Whispering Angel", Rose [Fr] 7.5c

==> (Sparkling [champagne, etc.] - 5:)

Domaine Chandon, Brut [uS] 8.5

Celebrity, Brut [Fr] 8.0

Domaine Carneros, Brut [uS] 9.0

Vigneti Fantinel, Prosecco [it] 7.0m

Montesina, Franciacorta Spumante [it] 10.5

==> (Sake - 3:)

Hana Lychee Sake 7.0

Hana Fuji Apple Sake 7.0

Black and Gold 6.0

==> (Digestifs [after-dinner] - 15:)

Blandy, Malmsey Madeira [Por] 12.0c

Gordon, Bual Madeira [Por] 8.0c

Fonseca, Port [Por] 7.0ms

Warre's 1982, Port [Por] 11.0

Dry Sack, Sherry 6.0

Harvey's Bristol Cream Sherry [Eng] 6.0

Tio Pepe, Sherry [sp] 6.0

Courvoisier VS, Cognac [Fr] 7.0

Courvoisier VSOP, Cognac [Fr] 8.5

Barton, Sauternes [Fr] 7.0

Chateau Coutet, Sauternes [Fr] 11.0s

Carlos I, Brandy [sp] 7.0

Lepanto, Brandy [sp] 9.5

Armagnac Cles de Ducs VSOP [Fr] 6

Armagnac Cles de Ducs XO [Fr] 9.0

Edited by jg51

I know I'll never drink $56 (with tax) worth on the first day of the cruise for the premium package. Do you know if I buy on the second day, will I only be charged for the remaining days? Thanks

Yes. You can purchase anytime up to the last 2 days of the cruise, and you will only be charged the remaining days.

:)

Dear members interested in wines by the glass,

In my opening post of this thread, I listed (roughly) sixty varieties of wines available by the glass -- that is, all the varieties of which I was aware at that time. Included were roughly twenty varieties, flagged with an "m," that were on a main-dining-room wine menu.

Since displaying the opening post, I have become aware of an additional group of varieties (about twenty-five), which are listed on menus in the specialty restaurants or the Cellar Masters lounge. I have therefore decided to display an updated list now, showing all (roughly) eighty-five varieities. I will also use two new abbreviations (in addition to "m") after the prices in dollars ... and I will use abbreviations [in brackets like these] to show the national origin of the varieties. [Please excuse any errors!]

Enjoy!

Hi JG 51

Many thanks again for taking the time to publish the wine lists, i have pruchased beverage packages for our cruise on the constellation. We'll raise a glass to you!

I note from your profile that you list Cherbourg as your favourite port! We will be docking there on our forthcomming cruise so i'd be very interested to know what the appeal is? I plan to spend the day in the town, drinking fine french wine & eating smelly cheeses.... I have been to France before and have been lucky enough to visit the WW2 sites, Mont saint Michel etc so I don't plant to sign up for the ship tours!

I know Cherbourg as a ferry port between France & Ireland where people go to stock up on wines in the big supermarkets, fondly known as a booze cruise!

Yes. You can purchase anytime up to the last 2 days of the cruise, and you will only be charged the remaining days.

Be careful with this. On my July Solstice cruise I'm pretty sure it was more than 2 days before the end of the cruise that the daily noted it was the last day to purchase the package. I want to say it was the Tuesday daily noting that was the last day even though we weren't due back to FLL until Sunday morning.

Be careful with this. On my July Solstice cruise I'm pretty sure it was more than 2 days before the end of the cruise that the daily noted it was the last day to purchase the package. I want to say it was the Tuesday daily noting that was the last day even though we weren't due back to FLL until Sunday morning.

This is from the FAQ:

Can I purchase a beverage package for a portion of my cruise?

Subject: Beverage Packages

No, it must be purchased for the entire voyage. It can be purchased on board up until there are 2 nights left in the cruise and must be purchased for the remainder of the voyage.

Not sure why they'd handle it differently on-board, but then again, you just never know!

Thank you to everyone for all the info. I think my DH and I will wait until we get on board and see how many drinks we are drinking and then order the alcohol package if we need it. We don't have any sea days until later in the cruise so I am not sure if we could drink enough to make the package worthwhile until then. I am glad to know that we can purchase the package once we get on board.

By the way, it is really nice to have this forum. I am a little hesitant to post because I am not used to these boards but am glad for the info when I have placed a posting.

Thank all

Lynn:)

How much are the current packages?

Hello, "CruisinManiac."

You are naughty, because you must not have read through this thread! (You would have found the answer to your question.)

You can go to the following page and click on the package(s) of interest to see the details and current prices:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beverage/packages/summary.do

:)
Hi JG 51.

Many thanks again for taking the time to publish the wine lists, i have purchased beverage packages for our cruise on the constellation. We'll raise a glass to you! ... I note from your profile that you list Cherbourg as your favourite port! We will be docking there on our forthcoming cruise, so i'd be very interested to know what the appeal is?

Thanks very much for the planned toast, "Jeanee." I hope that you will like your packages!

With regard to Cherbourg, please refer to this new thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1256137

Edited by jg51

Don't know if you have seen this:

http://www.beyondships.com/Celebrity-Eclipse-Profile.html

Scroll down and you'll find Eclipse wine and bar menus. Mari:)

Hi, "mari10."

Thanks very much! I have known about (and used) pages at www.beyondships.com for more than a year ... but I just found out (yesterday or the day before) about the new Eclipse page that you linked for us. Yesterday, I took a look at all the wine and bar menus that were linked there.

Some of the linked PDF menus were among the group that I used in preparing my opening post (or a couple of follow-up posts) on this thread. BUT ... a few of the menus were new to me, so I took note of their URLs (addresses), with the intention of visiting them again today or tomorrow, to see if they may provide some new beverages to be added to the lists already shown on this thread!

I am concerned about one of the menus, though. It is SO different from what was previously available that I am inclined to wonder if the link to it was mistakenly posted. I'm worried that it may not be from a Celebrity ship, but rather from a different cruise line. Some further research will reveal the truth. (The menu in question is this one: http://beyondships.com/files/Fleetwide_Bar_Menu_2010.pdf)

Thanks again for alerting me!

PS (added by "editing" the above): OK. I'm convinced of the authenticity of the above-linked menu. I see a reference to a "Cellar Masters" wine on page 7 -- and a little more "internal evidence." Wow! This is amazing, because it is REALLY going to expand the list of cocktails -- at least the cocktails -- present in the opening post.

Edited by jg51

Hello, "CruisinManiac."

You are naughty, because you must not have read through this thread! (You would have found the answer to your question.)

You can go to the following page and click on the package(s) of interest to see the details and current prices:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beverage/packages/summary.do

No, not all 8 pages, but did read the first page or so, and then used the search feature on this thread. I still couldn't find the pricing.

Thank you for posting the link. ;) I don't think there is anyway that I would use up $40 worth of alcohol, coffee, coke and water per day.

Edited by CruisinManiac

I called Celebrity yesterday to ask why the beverage packages were not available for purchase as the cruise is October 3rd, 2010 and was told due to the large volume of wines, etc available on the Soltice class of ships, they were not going to be selling the wine packages. Has anyone else heard that? We have been waiting to view the pricing and listing for the wine packages and thought they would be available by now, but was told no wine packages which is a disappointment. When we log into the Celebrity website and our reservation, there is a posting that Celebrity apologizes but the packages are not yet available. Any information on this would be appreciated. Thanks

We are thinking about purchasing the premium package, but don't want to frowned upon.

Anyone else encounter any problems?

Thanks,

Mari:)

I was surprised to read this on Marshall Jackson on Travel

An ex-airline guy blogs about airlines and travel.

He cruised on Equinox on 7/05/10:

His Constructive Criticism

"Celebrity offers a wonderful premium drink package. I don’t remember the price, but believe it to be somewhere in the vicinity of $50 dollars per day per person (plus 15 percent gratuity), you have unlimited access to soda, specialty coffees, bottled water, wines by the glass, beers, and cocktails up to $12 dollars in value. Suffice it to say we jumped on that. I’m not sure what kind of issue that many members of the bar staff have with these packages, but it’s obvious that they do. The pool bar even had a little handwritten sign for drink package receipts that had a “frowny face” written beside it in full view of guests. I don’t think I’m imagining things when I say that well north of 50 percent of the bar staff I interacted with during the cruise seemed to be annoyed that I’d ordered a drink when they learned I had a package. When ordering a Mimosa during the brunch service previously mentioned, you would’ve thought I’d offended the wait staff when they saw that I had a drink package. Not sure what the problem is, but if Celebrity is going to offer the package, they need to fix whatever issue the staff has with it."