Classic drinks package, what is included please?

Jo and Rob

We were lucky enough to get free Classic drinks packages on our Baltic cruise in the summer after a phone call this morning (new offer honoured to previous booking - well done Celebrity!) and wonder what exactly you get.

My favourite drinks are:

• frozen drinks
  • sparkling wine
  • cocktails
  • iced coffees
  • Americano
  • coke
  • Irish coffee
  • freshly squeezed orange juice
  • mud slide
  • Baileys
  • Evian

I had the premium non-alcoholic last time and wonder if there were drinks on that which are unavailable on the alcohol classic (which would seem a bit daft but could be true)

...I had the premium non-alcoholic last time and wonder if there were drinks on that which are unavailable on the alcohol classic (which would seem a bit daft but could be true)

If you look online you will see that Celebrity offers both classic and premium non-alcoholic packages. Your classic alcoholic package will include the non-alcoholic beverages included in the classic non-alcoholic package but not those included in the premium non-alcoholic package.

The main differences I'm aware of are that the classic package includes a basic brand of bottled water which could vary from cruise to cruise. It does not include Evian or any sparkling water - although you might occasionally receive Evian if the bar you get bottled water from is out of the lesser brand. The classic package includes all basic coffee drinks including your Americano but does not include the specialty coffees listed after Hot Chocolate on page 5 of the current Cafe al Bacio menu: http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Cafe-al-Bacio-Menu-Silhouette-Dec-2012.pdf (at least that is what a waiter at the Cafe told me last cruise).

If you look at the Celebrity web site you'll see a couple of other items included in the Premium NA package which are not part of the classic NA package such as smoothies, energy drinks and a few other bottled items.

If you look online you will see that Celebrity offers both classic and premium non-alcoholic packages. Your classic alcoholic package will include the non-alcoholic beverages included in the classic non-alcoholic package but not those included in the premium non-alcoholic package.

The main differences I'm aware of are that the classic package includes a basic brand of bottled water which could vary from cruise to cruise. It does not include Evian or any sparkling water - although you might occasionally receive Evian if the bar you get bottled water from is out of the lesser brand. The classic package includes all basic coffee drinks including your Americano but does not include the specialty coffees listed after Hot Chocolate on page 5 of the current Cafe al Bacio menu: http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Cafe-al-Bacio-Menu-Silhouette-Dec-2012.pdf (at least that is what a waiter at the Cafe told me last cruise).

If you look at the Celebrity web site you'll see a couple of other items included in the Premium NA package which are not part of the classic NA package such as smoothies, energy drinks and a few other bottled items.

Thanks for the link. Does this mean that coffees below $5 are included? I have been on the website but it doesn't give a complete list. Can I get sparkling wine on the package? Does classic mean no Irish coffee? Strange as whiskey is included in the package. Still confused. :confused:

Thanks for the link. Does this mean that coffees below $5 are included? I have been on the website but it doesn't give a complete list. Can I get sparkling wine on the package? Does classic mean no Irish coffee? Strange as whiskey is included in the package. Still confused. :confused:

As far as the non-alcoholic portion of the Cafe al Bacio menu - what I reported above is what the waitress told me when I asked about the difference between classic and premium there.

They do serve alcoholic coffees but they are not in the menu. My understanding is that the Classic package includes any alcholic beverage priced under $8 so I suspect Irish coffee with bar well (basic quality not a call brand) variety of liquor should be included although I've not ordered one.

There is a great comprehensive post by another Cruise Critic member which summarized info from several great prior posts: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=32406318

That thread lists only one sparkling wines at $8 or under, a Codorniu Cava which is a great sparkling wine. (My DW and I really like Cava) I believe they might also have one or two others on board as well under $8 including a Prosecco and possibly their house brand Celebrity Vintages sparkling wine which is a bottling of a French sparkling wine under their label.

Edited by Lsimon

Here's what you get in the Classic Alcohol Package:

You Get This in the Classic Non-Alcohol Package

In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola can and fountain sodas selections such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero, you may also enjoy fresh squeezed and bottled juices, Premium Coffees and Teas and Non-Premium Bottled Water.

PLUS:

Upgrade your cruise experience and pay one price to enjoy all of the benefits of our Classic Non-Alcoholic package as well as all Beers up to $5 per serving, and spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving.

Most glasses of champagne (sparkling wine) is above $8 a glass, so you will have to pay the full price of that beverage separately. See, if you purchased the Premium Alcohol Package, any drink that's above $12, all you pay is the difference in price (for example, a glass of wine that costs $18, you'd only pay the additional $6, but with the Classic Package, you'd have to pay the full $18).

...Most glasses of champagne (sparkling wine) is above $8 a glass, so you will have to pay the full price of that beverage separately....

This is true with all types of wine on the ship. Most are over $8/glass. In fact most are not even offered by the glass at all and are only sold by the bottle.

However, there is at least one of each popular type of wine available by the glass at prices at, or under, $8/glass including one or more sparkling wines. So while the selection of wines available with the classic package isn't large it does exist.

I think thanks to a couple of links provided that this is a list of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks available on the CLASSIC DRINKS PACKAGE. In addition to this you can also get non premium water.

Non Alcoholic Beverages

Juices (fresh-squeezed or bottled) [available at one or more of the following: buffet, AquaSpa Cafe, pool, MDR, etc.]

Pineapple 2.5

Orange 2.5 fresh-squeezed

Tomato 2.5

Apple 2.5

Grapefruit 2.5 fresh-squeezed

Cranberry 2.5

Clamato 2.5 (small can)

Hot Chocolate & Specialty Coffees [at Café al Bacio] $5 or less items

Hot Chocolate 4.0

Espresso Doppio [double shot] 4.0

Espresso Macchiato [w. steamed milk] 3.0

Cappuccino 4.0

Caffe Latte 4.0

Caffe Americano 4.0

Caffe Mocha 4.0

White Chocolate Mocha 4.0

Caramel Macchiato 4.0

La Crème 5.0

Caffe Shakerato [iced] 5.0

Ice Bianco Espresso 5.0

Affogato [w. choc. syrup over gelato] 5.0

Caffe Frappe w. Chocolate Iglu 5.0 [FANTASTIC !!!]

Caffe Frappe w. Vanilla Iglu 5.0

[For .50 more, add a splash of flavor syrup: almond, amaretto, caramel, cherry, cinnamon, coconut, hazelnut, Irish crème, raspberry, vanilla]

Special Teas [at Café al Bacio]

Earl Gray 4.0

English Breakfast 4.0

Estate Darjeeling 4.0

Bombay Chai 4.0

Formosa Oolong 4.0

Vienna Cinnamon 4.0

Raspberry Nectar [caffeine-free] 4.0

Ginger [decaf] 4.0

Citrus Mint [decaf] 4.0

Chamomile Tisane [decaf] 4.0

Jasmine Green [lowcaf] 4.0

African Solstice [decaf] 4.0

Ceylon Organic [iced] 5.0

Pomegranate Blackberry [iced] 5.0

White Ginger Pear [iced] 5.0

Soft Drinks by the Can [everywhere]

Coca Cola / DietCoke 2.0

Fanta Orange 2.0

Sprite / Diet Sprite 2.0

Ginger Ale 2.0

Barq's Root Beer 2.0

Coke Zero 2.0

Alcoholic Beverages (Beer up to $5 and other alcohol up to $8)

Lagers

Kirin Ichiban

{ Dry Lager } Japan| 350 ml 5

Amstel Light

{ Light Lager } Netherlands| 12 oz 5

Samuel Adams

{ Standard Lager } Boston| 12 oz 5

Dos Equis

{ Standard Lager } Mexico| 12 oz 5

Beck’s

{ Premium Lager } Germany| 330 ml 5

Red Stripe

{ Premium Lager } Jamaica| 355 ml 5

Heineken

{ Premium Lager } Netherlands| 330ml 5

Belgians

Leffe

{ Blonde Ale } Belgium| 11.2 oz 5

Wheat Beers

Blue Moon

{ Wit Bier } Colorado| 12 oz 5

Franziskaner

{ Hefeweizen } Germany| 12 oz 5

Ciders & Perry

Strongow

{ Hard Cider } England| 275 ml 5

Lambics & Fruit Beers

Leinenkugel’s Berry Weiss

{ Fruit Beer} Wisconsin| 12 oz 5

Artisanal Spirits

Scotch

Highland Park, 12 year old, Orkneys 8.

Laphroaig 10 year old, Islay 8

Chivas Regal 12 year old 8

Johnnie Walker Black 8

Brandy

Courvoisier VSOP 8

TEQUILA

Don Julio Blanco 8

Gran Centenario Reposado 8

Knob Creek 8

Maker’s Mark 7

Woodford Reserve,

Distiller’s Select 8.

Rum

Flor de Caña - Centenario Gold

18 year old, Nicaragua 8

Ron Zacapa Solera Grand Reserve

23 year old, Guatemala 8

MAIN DINING ROOM - WINES BY THE GLASS (up to $8)

CHAMPAGNES & SPARKLING WINES

$ 7.00 – Fantinel, PROSECCO EXTRA BRUT, “Cuvee Prestige”, Italy

$ 7.00 – Codorniu, CAVA BRUT, “Anna du Codorniu”, Spain

WHITE WINES

$ 7.00 – J&H Selbach, RIESLING, KABINETT, Mosel-Saar-Ruwer, Germany

$ 7.50 – Bollini, PINOT-GRIGIO, Trentino, Italy

$ 6.50 – Raimat, ALBARINO, “Castell de Raimat”, Costers Del Segre, Spain

$ 6.00 – Jean-Luc Colombo, VIOGNIER, “La Violette”, Languedoc, France

$ 7.50 – Ken Forrester, CHENIN BLANC, Stellenbosch, South Africa

$ 6.50 – St Francis Vineyards, CHARDONNAY, Sonoma County, California, USA

BLUSH / ROSE WINES

$ 5.50 – Beringer, WHITE ZINFANDEL, California, USA

$ 7.00 – Jean-Luc Colombo, ROSE, “Cape Bleue”, Cotes de Provence, France

$ 5.50 – Torres, ROSADO, Catalunya, “Sangre de Toro de Casta”, Catalonia, Spain

RED WINES

$ 6.50 – Cune, TEMPRANILLO, Crianza, Rioja, Spain

$ 7.50 – Rutherford Ranch, MERLOT, Napa Valley, California, USA

$ 7.00 – Montgras, CARMENERE, “Reserva”, Colchagua Valley, Chile

$ 7.50 – Ross Estate, SHIRAZ, “Lights Out”, Barossa Valley, Australia

$ 7.00 – Wente Vineyards, CABERNET SAUVIGNON “Heritage Blend”, San Francisco Bay, California, USA

LATE HARVEST WINES (Lush & Silky)

$ 8.00 – Barton & Guestier, SAUTERNES, Bordeaux, France

FORTIFIED WINES (Rich & Refined)

$ 6.00 – Fonseca, LATE-BOTTLED VINTAGE PORT, Porto, Douro, Portugal

$ 7.00 – Taylor Fladgate, TAWNY PORT, Porto, “10 Year Old”, Douro, Portugal

NON-ALCOHOLIC WINES

$ 5.00 – Fre by Sutter Home, SPARKLING, Brut, California, USA

$ 5.00 – Fre by Sutter Home, CHARDONNAY, California, USA

$ 5.00 – Fre by Sutter Home, PREMIUM RED, California, USA

$ 5.00 – Fre by Sutter Home, WHITE ZINFANDEL, California, USA

I'm sure most of you will agree this looks like a pretty extensive list of choices and is a lot more that just the house white or red with dinner! I'm so excited to try out new things. I might even sample some non-alcoholic wine and fizz at lunch time!!!

Edited by Jo and Rob

What about cocktails.

For instance dh drinks gin & tonic and I enjoy a perfect manhattan (straight up with a twist, please:)).

What about them? If you're asking if they are included in the packages then yes. The classic package will include these with a basic liquor, what they use for bar well drinks. The premium package will allow you to order these with premium top shelf call brands of liquor.

I just found this on the Celebrity website.

What is the difference between the Premium Coffee (Classic/ Premium Nonalcoholic Package) and the Specialty Coffee (Classic /Premium Package)?

Premium coffees (espressos, lattes and cappuccinos) are served in our coffee lounges such as the Cova Café and Café al Bacio. Specialty coffees include coffee with special flavorings and other ingredients that are also served in the Cova Café and Café al Bacio.

According to the website the Classic (alcohol) package looks like it includes all coffee. :)

I just found this on the Celebrity website.

What is the difference between the Premium Coffee (Classic/ Premium Nonalcoholic Package) and the Specialty Coffee (Classic /Premium Package)?

Premium coffees (espressos, lattes and cappuccinos) are served in our coffee lounges such as the Cova Café and Café al Bacio. Specialty coffees include coffee with special flavorings and other ingredients that are also served in the Cova Café and Café al Bacio.

According to the website the Classic (alcohol) package looks like it includes all coffee. :)

I wonder if this means I can order Irish coffee in the MDR? It might be printing off that specialty coffees are included in the classic alcohol package and use it if they disagree on board!

They were not geared up to deliver special coffees in the MDR even though the menus can offer it. We tend to leave the table, which also allows the staff to clear down and go to Al Bacio for a coffee in more relaxing surroundings and it is delivered at the optimum temperature

I wonder if this means I can order Irish coffee in the MDR? It might be printing off that specialty coffees are included in the classic alcohol package and use it if they disagree on board!

Specialty coffees are included in the Classic alcohol package, as well as the Non-Alcoholic package. On my last 2 cruises I would talk to the Ass't. Waiter the first night and tell him I liked to have a Cafe Mocha with my desert, and could he possibly take care of it? No problem. He took my card with him the first night, and after that it just appeared with my desert. Of course I gave him a nice tip for this service as it was greatly appreciated!

Specialty coffees are included in the Classic alcohol package, as well as the Non-Alcoholic package. On my last 2 cruises I would talk to the Ass't. Waiter the first night and tell him I liked to have a Cafe Mocha with my desert, and could he possibly take care of it? No problem. He took my card with him the first night, and after that it just appeared with my desert. Of course I gave him a nice tip for this service as it was greatly appreciated!

Sounds good to me! I shall try and do the same. Thanks for the tip.

I never thought I'd buy a drinks package, but this looks like a fun way to enjoy old favorites, and try something new! Forgive my ignorance, but would martinis be included in the classic package?

I thought I read here on the board tht Martinis are $10.

We also have a "free" Classic package included in our May Eclipse booking. I hope to upgrade my package to Premium (if allowed) to enjoy a wider wine selection and my favourite Martinis (hic). On a cold dank January night May seems a long way off !! :(

I thought I read here on the board tht Martinis are $10.

A "regular" martini can be purchased for $6.00. :D

Most lounges will serve a basic small martini using a basic brand of liquor at the lower price. The standard martini bar martini is $10 and is a large martini made from premium top shelf liquor.

I've heard that sometimes the martini bar staff will prepare a smaller version using the same high quality ingredients for the lower price but that this is not always the case. So YMMV.

Edited by Lsimon

a few quick questions for anyone who knows:

I've read that you can order a "small" of a mixed drnk that might be over the $8 limit. Is that true?

Celebrity's web site has Coors and Corona listed on the classic package, but they aren't on the list here. Not that it matters, but I just waondered if they were offered or not.

a few quick questions for anyone who knows:

I've read that you can order a "small" of a mixed drnk that might be over the $8 limit. Is that true?

Celebrity's web site has Coors and Corona listed on the classic package, but they aren't on the list here. Not that it matters, but I just waondered if they were offered or not.

In most cases, the primary difference between a drink available with the classic package and one available with the premium package isn't the size of the drink it is the contents as certain liquors are generally only available at prices over $8. I don't believe you can just order 1/2 of a drink that costs over $8 in order to get it under the classic package. The possible exception is the martinis at the martini bar which I discussed in my post above.

Edited by Lsimon

Beverage Package Selections - Here is some information about the classic drinks package.

Celebrity Cruises proudly partners with following brands to offer you, our guests, greater pleasure and value. Package selections include, but are not limited to the following brands:

Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Coke Zero, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Barqs, Aqualina, Coffee, Tea, Cranberry, Pineapple, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit, Coors Light, Becks, Heineken, Amstel Light, Corona, Heineken Light, Franziskaner, Dos Equis, Red Stripe, Samuel Adams, Leffe, O'Doul's Non-Alcoholic, Johnny Walker Red, Dewars White Label, J & B, Cutty Sark, Canadian Club, Seagram's VO, Seagram's 7, Jameson, Jim Beam, Jack Daniel's Courvoisier VS, Carlos 1, Metaxa 5 Star Classic, Hennessy VS, Beefeaters, Tanqueray, Absolut, Smirnoff, Stolichnaya, Three Olives, Bacardi, Malibu, Captain Morgan Original Spiced, Jose Cuervo, Disaronno Amaretto, Bailey's Irish Cream, Frangelico, Drambuie, Sambuca, Kahlua, Bolini, St. Francis, J & H Selbach, Southern Right, Paul Jaboulet, Jean Luc Colombo, Beringer, Heron's Nest, Tenuta de Nozzole, Rutherford Ranch, Marques de la Concordia.

Classic Package

Upgrade your cruise experience and pay one price to enjoy all of the benefits of our Classic Non-Alcoholic package as well as all Beers up to $5 per serving, and spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving.

*Starting from: 28.16 GBP Per Night

Edited by Jo and Rob