Oasis Retreat Question/Rotterdam

ZSandy25

We will be on the Rotterdam for 21 days, Feb. 2017. I see that the ship has the Oasis Retreat. I am interested in this and would like to know if you have to book the area for the whole cruise or are you able to book in advance for certain days?

I have found on our cruises that we tend to hunt out spots that are quiet with a little sun and shade. I am not a fan of the Lido Pool and the Rotterdam has that unusual set up in the aft area.

The cruise is port intensive with only 4 sea days. We do like to get off the ship and do a walk about or take a small excursion if we find one that interests us. As we have been to many of the ports in the past we might not even get off the ship which is why I thought this concept might be right up our cruising alley.

Thanks for any input on this, where do I go on the site to do any booking or do I have to call ships services.

We will be on the Rotterdam for 21 days, Feb. 2017. I see that the ship has the Oasis Retreat. I am interested in this and would like to know if you have to book the area for the whole cruise or are you able to book in advance for certain days?

... Thanks for any input on this, where do I go on the site to do any booking or do I have to call ships services.

I think you may be a little too far out from your cruise departure date to be able to book the Oasis Retreat - whether for the entire cruise or by the day. However, for the best answer, I suggest you contact either your HAL PCC (if you are using one) or HAL Ship Services.

Edited by avian777

On the Rotterdam, the Oasis and The Retreat are two different areas, neither one of which has a charge.

The Oasis is an area reserved for teens---an adult-free zone.

The Retreat on this ship (as well as on the Veendam) is a very different concept than on the Vista and Signature ships. On the Rotterdam, it's that area of Lido aft, where the water trough is.

Hi Ruth -- Is that the same for the Volendam? Oasis for the teens?

I was just writing up an overview of the public areas by deck for the FIVE members of my family who have never been on HAL (four never cruised at all and the other only one small European ship), and realized I did not know what the Oasis was!

Hi Ruth -- Is that the same for the Volendam? Oasis for the teens?

Yes, same thing.

HAL has a bad habit of using the same name for two different things, which can get very confusing.

For example, on the ships, the Oasis is a teen area. But on Half Moon Cay, the Oasis is a huge private cabana with all sorts of goodies included---like a hot tub, and your very own staff for cooking and waiting on you hand and foot.

Retreat can be either the private cabana areas on the Vista and Signature ships, or the busy, built-up area aft on Lido Deck on a couple of ships.

Explorers Lounge and Explorations Café are close in sound, but two very different areas on every ship.

Thank you Ruth, having not sailed the Rotterdam I checked out the deck plans and on Deck 10, Sky Deck there is an area called the Oasis. It is a small are that I thought might be the cabana's.

Thank you Ruth, having not sailed the Rotterdam I checked out the deck plans and on Deck 10, Sky Deck there is an area called the Oasis. It is a small are that I thought might be the cabana's.

No cabanas on ms Rotterdam, also the aft pool in now knee deep with chairs. Oasis is for teens.

Hello all !

On the Veendam and on the Volendam, the «so call» Oasis was close and we can't access. Someone told me that area is now a resting place for the crew only…

I'd used it once back in 2011.

Fake grotto and green plants. Two hammocks and a round table. That's all.

For the kids you know…

Holacanada from Quebec city

Edited by holacanada