Splendida Drink Package question

Ti2m

...And just to summarise and consolidate regarding the drinks packages:

Basic ALLEGRISSIMO includes:

> All the non alcoholic beverages sold aboard, EXCEPT:

Evian or other premiium waters (You'll receive standar Italian waters with the package).

A few coffee drinks from the coffee bar menu.

Freshly squeezed juices.

Specialty drinks from the SPA bar.

> House wines by the glass: Generally 7 (2 whites, 2 reds, 2 rosé, 1 sparkling).correction generally 9 (2 red, 2 white, 1 rose, 2 sparkling, 2 dessert)

> All the generic alcoholic drinks and cocktails made of "House" brands except alcoholic coffee drinks.

> Up to 3 flavours on a cone or cup of gelato.

Premium ALLEGRISSIMO includes:

> All the items above stated as included on the basic plan.

> All the items above stated as excluded on the basic plan.

> All the wines in the "at glass" menu.

> Almost all the alcoholic items sold aboard except the ocasional very rare bottles or glasses of uber expensive and exclusive drinks.

> All the items sold on the gelato shop.

> All the pastries sold on the pastry shop.

> All the room service items sold aboard.

> All the items on your room mini fridge and the bottles of water on your desk table.

> At the time of my last cruise on a Musica class ship, even most food items from the sports bar except premium pizzas and signature specialty packages, but I think that was removed in the mean time.

Enjoy your cruise! And assuming you're an American... If you want American stile coffee, ask any of the bartenders for an Americano! He or she will be more than happy to provide, but if you ask just for a coffee, you'll most likely get the tiny small 40ml version of a trully strong Italian Expresso!...

Have a good cruise!!!... :)

Pete

Jim Beam is included I think.

They don't have JD

This list is 4 years old but generally correct, although some things have changed https://www.msccruises.co.uk/uk_en/Images/ALLEGRISSIMO%20DRINKS%20PACKAGE_tcm13-48857.pdf

The list is out-of-date, Tim. You can now use the package in Specialty Restaurants and not what's stated in your link. Here's the current info on drinks packages:

http://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/Already-Booked/Cruise-Upgrade/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx

In relation to the wines on the premium package here is the list of choices:

The Whites:

Pouilly Fumèe Blanc "Lacheteau

Vallée de la Loire-France

Chablis Le Classique AC "Domaine Pascal Bouchard"

Bourgogne-France

Müller Thurgau Palai Vigneti delle Dolomiti IGT "Pojer e Sandri"

Trentino Alto Adige-Italia

Mon Blanc Colli Orientali del Friuli DOC "Castello di Buttrio"

Friuli Venenzia Giulia-Italia

Riesling Mosel "Dr. Loosen"

Mosel-Deutschland

Sauvignon Isonzo del Friuli .....(obscured by camera flash)

Friuli Venezia Giulia-Italia

Chardonnay "Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi"

Napa Valley-California

Pinot Grigio Colli Orientali del Friuli DOC "Le Vigne di Zamò"

The Reds:

Cabernet Cicogna Colli Belici DOC "Cavazza"

Veneto-Italia

Bordeaux Rouge Supérieur AOC "Château Majureau-Sercillan"

Bordeaux-France

Aglianico Pompeiano Don Paolo IGT "Sorrentino"

Campania-Italia

Regale Rosso Toscana IGT

Toscana-Italia

Cabernet Sauvignon "Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi"

Napa Valley-California

Chianti Leonardo DOCG "Dalle Vigne"

Toscana-Italia

Barón de Pardo Crianza DOCA "Bodegas Nava-Rioja"

Rioja-España

Merlot Friuli Grave Borgo Tesis DOC "Fantinel"

Champagne & Sparkling Wines:

Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte Brut

Épernay-France

Prosecco Superiore DOCG "Aneri"

Veneto-Italia

Prosecco DOC "Valdo"

Veneto-Italia

Spumante Rosé Brut "Valdo"

Veneto-Italia

Asti DOCG "Fontanafredda"

Piemonte-Italia

The Rosés:

Cuvée Lampe de Méduse Cru Classé "Château Sainte Roseline"

Côtes de Provence-France

Garda Classico Chiaretto DOC "Selva Capuzza"

Lombardia-Italia

Unfortunately you can't upgrade before sailing, tried in June before my July cruise.

If you speak to any of the staff selling drinks at check in they will happily do t for you

Tim

Tim ................ I've already posted the difference in prices for upgrading (e.g. it's €18 pppd extra from classic to premium) but can you remember if they charged an extra 15% on top? It states at the bottom of the drinks packages list (where the upgrade prices are available) that all purchases incur the 15%.

Edited by Beamafar

Hi Bea

Yes there was the 15% grats on top of the price difference.

Re the link being out of date - I know, but it gives a flavour of what is available... never read the bit about speciality restaurants as not tried them tbh, although will be going to TexMex in September as part of the blog requirement

I think I might see how we get on for the first day and then if necessary upgrade. I like the idea of the mini bar (especially the gin :D) but then again can get by if the spirits and cocktails on the classic are good.

Make sure to ask how long the upgrade offer is open for - there isn't any discernible info available onboard - the drinks package price lists (including the upgrade charges) are just removed from the lounge tables early on in the cruise without comment.

Brands in the mini-bar tend to change so I wouldn't be too fixated on them. It depends on what's onboard. In my experience, they've changed during the cruise as older stock may have still been in the fridge from previous routes and may only be getting replaced because the current guest is actually using it. Remember, your cabin steward will stock the minibar as you request - so if you want all whiskey or all gin or 2 or more of each, you can have it!

As for the Dubai cruise, I'll leave it as is until we've been on this Splendida sailing to see if I should cancel the "classic" and order the premium.

That's a good plan. There is a comprehensive list of drinks on the basic package as it is. Beer, though, is limited to draught and the included wines aren't anywhere near as good as on the premium (see the above post for the selection on premium!) which, for me, warrants the upgrade!

Hi Bea

Re the link being out of date - I know, but it gives a flavour of what is available... never read the bit about speciality restaurants as not tried them tbh, although will be going to TexMex in September as part of the blog requirement

Thanks, Tim ............ good to know in advance.

The introduction of the facility to upgrade has really thrown a spanner in the works for me. I'd decided I'd buy wine by the bottle during the cruise (I really don't care for the basic package offerings) - the basic suits my hubby just fine as he only drinks draught beer, anyway, even when we've paid the extra for the premium. When my TA notified me that I could now upgrade onboard I did some rough calculations and reckoned that the premium would be better than having to have unused wine stored for the next day - watching the amount in the bottle to make sure it was worth leaving for another day etc. etc. Now, realising that it's €18 pppd PLUS 15% (which adds another €129.60 to the bill, making a total of €993.60 just to upgrade) I'm having second thoughts. Had MSC originally allowed me to upgrade at the time of booking, I wouldn't have batted an eyelid. Now, I have too much time to think about it LOL!!

In relation to TexMex, DH and I tried it once - there was a pre-cruise offer of set meal for 2. The offer was also on the Welcome Aboard planner on the first day. We really enjoyed it and plan to visit again if and when we sail Fantasia or Splendida.

...And just to summarise and consolidate regarding the drinks packages:

Enjoy your cruise! And assuming you're an American... If you want American stile coffee, ask any of the bartenders for an Americano! He or she will be more than happy to provide, but if you ask just for a coffee, you'll most likely get the tiny small 40ml version of a trully strong Italian Expresso!...

Have a good cruise!!!... :)

Thank you for the package information! Yes we are American but have always loved the coffees in Europe. The espresso is fine. It always adds a few more hours to my day. Who needs Red Bull?

Timm

The list is out-of-date, Tim. You can now use the package in Specialty Restaurants and not what's stated in your link. Here's the current info on drinks packages:

http://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/Already-Booked/Cruise-Upgrade/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx

Thanks, great to know that they can be used in the speciality restaurants, so we'll still try the 'classic' wines first to see whether it's worth upgrading.

Hi Bea

Good to know you're going to try the TexMex as this is one restaurant we really like the sound of as we enjoy Mexican. Looking forward to your feedback!

Make sure to ask how long the upgrade offer is open for - there isn't any discernible info available onboard - the drinks package price lists (including the upgrade charges) are just removed from the lounge tables early on in the cruise without comment.

Brands in the mini-bar tend to change so I wouldn't be too fixated on them. It depends on what's onboard. In my experience, they've changed during the cruise as older stock may have still been in the fridge from previous routes and may only be getting replaced because the current guest is actually using it. Remember, your cabin steward will stock the minibar as you request - so if you want all whiskey or all gin or 2 or more of each, you can have it!

That's a good plan. There is a comprehensive list of drinks on the basic package as it is. Beer, though, is limited to draught and the included wines aren't anywhere near as good as on the premium (see the above post for the selection on premium!) which, for me, warrants the upgrade!

Thanks for the warning about the time for upgrade, but knowing us we'll be trying the wine asap when we board to decide! As for brands in the mini bar, not too bothered about that to be honest. If you have a premium package then I can always wander off to a bar for a premium spirit!

As for brands in the mini bar, not too bothered about that to be honest. If you have a premium package then I can always wander off to a bar for a premium spirit!

Very true .......... I'm not overly picky about brands if I'm using a mixer hence most of the gins are fine with me. I also prefer to go to one of the bars and lounges for a tipple - especially a top-shelf brandy (though the €12 a glass one has been replaced with a €9 plus cents one! :mad:) However, I do enjoy a G&T from the minibar on the balcony with a lovely smoked salmon sandwich from the room service menu - a really nice afternoon treat when I don't fancy going elsewhere for lunch :cool:

I'm not too sure about the TexMex - on Fantasia at Christmas there were some some pretty awful comments about it. That being said the people who were complaining also complained they couldn't have roast turkey and stuffing with bread sauce on Christmas Day.

@Bea - My other half Andy is a tad annoyed about the brandy change - he used to get through loads of Courvoisier on the cruise and they don't have it anymore!

........My other half Andy is a tad annoyed about the brandy change - he used to get through loads of Courvoisier on the cruise and they don't have it anymore!

Rémy Martin XO was my favourite. They've now reduced it to Cellar No 16 (or was it 28 - I keep mixing those 2 up) which is a poor replacement :mad:

Do you know what they've replaced the Courvoisier with?

Guys, I am new to this forum and this is my maiden cruise trip. So I have no clue what to except.

I will be cruising MSC Divina in few weeks time from Miami.

I am debating myself like, lot other travelers whether to buy Premium drink package or vouchers. Although I am going on excursions during the stopover, my friend suggest me to buy the premium package.

Could you please share your experiences?

Also I am not sure about the difference between

MORE-FOR-LESS PREMIUM ADULT - ALL INCLUSIVE UNLIMITED DRINKS and

ALLEGRISSIMO PREMIUM ADULT - ALL INCLUSIVE UNLIMITED DRINKS

Does anyone know the different?

I am debating myself like, lot other travelers whether to buy Premium drink package or vouchers. Although I am going on excursions during the stopover, my friend suggest me to buy the premium package.

Could you please share your experiences?

Also I am not sure about the difference between

MORE-FOR-LESS PREMIUM ADULT - ALL INCLUSIVE UNLIMITED DRINKS and

ALLEGRISSIMO PREMIUM ADULT - ALL INCLUSIVE UNLIMITED DRINKS

Does anyone know the different?

More-for-less is the same as Allegrissimo in offerings but not in price! The former is charged in USD and the latter in Euros. It depends on the region you're travelling which of the currencies will apply. To make matters worse, the drinks packages will be renamed next year! Here's a link explaining it further:

........... and one explaining currency onboard:

http://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/Already-Booked/General-Information.aspx#currency-on-board

In your case, the drinks package will be the More-for-less one as the currency on board will be USD.

Edited by Beamafar

• 3 months later...
I have seen remarks that bottled water is free for Americans. Seems odd they would give certain people free water.

afaik Americans get free bottled water in the MDR because free water at mealtime is common practice in the US.

Water from the dispensers in the buffet restaurant is free for all passengers, whereas in the bars no water is free at all.

afaik Americans get free bottled water in the MDR because free water at mealtime is common practice in the US.

Water from the dispensers in the buffet restaurant is free for all passengers, whereas in the bars no water is free at all.

I assume this is only on sailings from US ports?

I assume this is only on sailings from US ports?

No this is for US citizens sailing from any port other than a US port, and they use a voucher system. The system has been around for a long time now.

Sailings from US ports give free water at meal times as a matter of course.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Skier. I'm sorry if I'm not getting it!! but I am traveling from US to Rome. Are you saying I will get bottled water at mealtimes or only if I buy a voucher?

Thank you

AS I understand the system you are given vouchers, free, (2 per day I believe) for bottles of water in the dining rooms.

This may have been superseded by a code on your cruise card.

They should cost you nothing

Pete