Concierge Lounge on Allure

2-3,times a year lately, would love to cruise more, but have family still in Europe and so try to vist there 2-3 times also, still working FT, do that's about as much as I can manage.

Got the big in the early ninties be have been hooked since.

Need to win lotto....

We were on the Allure in June. I don't have the menus but they were pretty limited. The food was ok. Service was pretty slow. I am a diet coke drinker and I couldn't get one at breakfast. We quickly found that we really preferred the Park Cafe for breakfast and lunch.

The evening service was much better. We enjoyed having a cocktail before dinner.

We much prefer the suites on the smaller ships. We loved eating breakfast and lunch in Portofinos. I thought I would love the Allure lounge but we were very disappointed.

We were on the Allure in June. I don't have the menus but they were pretty limited. The food was ok. Service was pretty slow. I am a diet coke drinker and I couldn't get one at breakfast. We quickly found that we really preferred the Park Cafe for breakfast and lunch.

The evening service was much better. We enjoyed having a cocktail before dinner.

We much prefer the suites on the smaller ships. We loved eating breakfast and lunch in Portofinos. I thought I would love the Allure lounge but we were very disappointed.

We tried breakfast here one day when we were going to be leaving early for an excursion on a port day.

Service was slow, and very limited as stated above.

There were some continental breakfast rolls, but, we had to wait for our entres.

In the future willing to get up earlier and battle the windjammer scene.....

Sea Ya

Small items available - fruit/cheese/rolls a meat tray or bacon- mostly things to go with coffee. Selection ran out often, not worth waiting for a donut or a bagel and cream cheese - better to go else where.

But,they did have good coffee - I took my own mug, was told I had to use their cup, and pour that into my travel mug so not to contaminate the site.

Had eggs one day, not everyday.

Dissapointing - lots of better venus - we like the buffet in the solaium, it was fresh healthy food, and was replenished quickly. Mix of Hot and cold items.

3 generations in our group all liked it best.

We either ate there or in our room if we were going ashore.

One day it was sooo nice outside we took that food outside.

Guess I'm in the minority. I enjoyed the breakfast in the Concierge Lounge. Loved the waffles with strawberry sauce. Also had the quiche of the day a couple of times. It's not really a quiche because it doesn't have a crust - more like an egg casserole. Usually ham, cheese or mushroom or spinach or a veggie of some kind. Didn't find the service to be slow. Not having coke in the AM is okay with me. I'd rather have a latte or cappucino. I like not having a frantic crowd at a buffet like in Windjammer.

Small items available - fruit/cheese/rolls a meat tray or bacon- mostly things to go with coffee. Selection ran out often, not worth waiting for a donut or a bagel and cream cheese - better to go else where.

But,they did have good coffee - I took my own mug, was told I had to use their cup, and pour that into my travel mug so not to contaminate the site.

Had eggs one day, not everyday.

Dissapointing - lots of better venus - we like the buffet in the solaium, it was fresh healthy food, and was replenished quickly. Mix of Hot and cold items.

3 generations in our group all liked it best.

We either ate there or in our room if we were going ashore.

One day it was sooo nice outside we took that food outside.

We preferred the lounge - not so much the buffet, but the individually ordered breakfast with waiter service. Fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon, rolls, etc. are available and replenished on the buffet.

However, you can also order off a menu - very similar to main dining room menu. Omlets were cooked to order and excellent; potatoes were hot; nicely served - waiter brought me a bowl of fruit - he remembered I had ordered the previous day and thought perhaps I had forgotten (I had!).

Other locations including solarium, windjammer, Johnny Rockets and park cafe were all crowded. We had breakfast either in concierge lounge, main dining room, or Wipe Out cafe.

I'm with Janet524. I really enjoyed the Concierge lounge. Yes it is a limited menu, but has a good enough variety. As for lunch, there is beer and wine (free) offered. It has a great view (Boardwalk), and in my experience the service has been superb (March for Allure, Sept. for Oasis). I say give it a try. If you want more, go somewhere else. But for me, it was great.

I like the Club Sandwich and Onion Rings with cheesecake and a few beers. Even if I eat lunch at another location, I always stop for cheescake and a few beers. Perhaps this explains why I always gain a few pounds during the cruise. :D

Archived