new loyalty benefits for 2013

LHT28

This is a great package, all keyed to the 10th year anniversary celebration that begins in January. It will be exciting!

Here's the full benefit schedule from the Oceania web site:

The Best Loyalty Program in Premium Cruising

The Oceania Club Loyalty Program offers more generous benefits and valuable amenities than any other premium cruise line. We also offer a combination of loyalty benefits that no other cruise line provides, BOTH shipboard credits and prepaid gratuities. And while other cruise lines might offer reduced specialty dining surcharges as part of their loyalty programs, we simply cannot as we NEVER charge a dining supplement to begin with. In addition, our mid-size ships offer FREE and unlimited soft drinks, bottled water, cappuccino, espresso, teas and juices. From the most rewarding loyalty program to the finest cuisine at sea, Oceania Cruises offers you the best value in upscale cruising.

OCEANIA CLUB LEVELS

Club Members qualify for Oceania Club Level status based on the number of cruise credits earned.

• Cruises up to 24 days will receive one cruise credit
  • Cruises 25-34 days will receive two cruise credits
  • Cruises 35-44 days will receive three cruise credits
  • Cruises 45-54 days will receive four cruise credits
  • Cruises 55 + will receive five cruise credits

NEW Blue - Cruise Credits 2-4

• NEW - Blue membership pins
  • NEW - Exclusive Oceania Club cocktail reception
  • NEW - Exclusive Members-Only Offers
  • NEW - Advanced notice on new itineraries
  • NEW - 10% discount on Oceania Cruises logo merchandise

Bronze - Cruise Credits 5-9

• Bronze membership pins
  • $200 shipboard credit
  • Exclusive Oceania Club cocktail reception
  • Exclusive Members-Only Offers
  • Advanced notice on new itineraries
  • NEW - 20% discount on any single internet package

Silver - Cruise Credits 10-14

• Silver membership pins
  • $400 shipboard credit
  • Complimentary pre-paid gratuities
  • NEW - 10% discount on the Unlimited Shore Excursion Passport Collection
  • NEW - 10% discount on any beverage package

Gold - Cruise Credits 15-19

• Gold membership pins
  • $500 shipboard credit
  • Two complimentary Canyon Ranch spa treatments
  • NEW - Two Complimentary Air Deviation Waivers (a value of $300)

Platinum - Cruise Credits 20-39

• *FREE CRUISE (certain restrictions apply)
  • Platinum membership pins
  • $600 shipboard credit
  • NEW - Two Complimentary Air Deviation Waivers (a value 0f $300)
  • NEW - 30% discount on any single internet package

Diamond - Cruise Credits 40-59

• *FREE CRUISE (certain restrictions apply)
  • Diamond membership pins
  • NEW - $1000 shipboard credit
  • NEW - Two Complimentary Air Deviation Waivers (a value 0f $300)
  • NEW - 50% discount on any single internet package
  • NEW - 20% discount on the Unlimited Shore Excursion Passport Collection

*All Oceania Club benefits listed are per stateroom, are based on double occupancy, can only be applied to one booking per voyage, have no cash value and are non-transferable. Benefits other than a shipboard credit cannot be exchanged for a shipboard credit if not taken. The complimentary Canyon Ranch spa treatments are valid on select services only. In order to receive discounts on the Unlimited Passport Collection and Beverage Packages, purchases must be made prior to sailing. Discounts on beverage packages only apply to House Select and Prestige Select packages. The complimentary air deviation does not include any air differential which may be charged by the airlines. Oceania Club rewards do not apply to Travel Agent promotional offers, including but not limited to Travel Agent reduced rates and interline reservations. Oceania Cruises reserves the right to exclude or limit combinability with the benefits or rewards offered by other agency partnerships or promotional offers not specified herein. Oceania Cruises reserves the right to change the program rules, benefits, conditions of qualifications, special offers or cruise level requirements at its sole discretion. Additional cruise credits have been added for Grand Voyages. For a complete list of cruise credits awarded, you may contact an Oceania Club representative.

Guests are required to notify Reservations when requesting the FREE CRUISE. The awarded FREE CRUISE is based on double occupancy, subject to availability at the time of booking, cannot exceed 14 days in length and includes round-trip coach air only. The FREE CRUISE must be approved and will be placed as a guarantee until stateroom category has been assigned, upon authorization from the Oceania Club. For cruises over 14 days in length, the cruise cost will be prorated for the additional days. Stateroom category will reflect the accommodations most closely matching the typical category selected by the guests on prior voyages. The shipboard credit amenity is not applicable with the Platinum or Diamond FREE CRUISE. Air Credit will not be given if guests elect to purchase their own air. Reservations for the FREE CRUISE may only be made 180 days or more prior to sail date. Other restrictions may apply. Ships' Registry: Marshall Islands

I suppose it would be to hard just to offer a price with a percentage

saving on each subsequent cruise.

Like free stuff, all of this is a bit of a con, in my humle opinion.

Even more worrying there has been a River Company, and a Cruise

Company charging Australians a different rate . And is has nothing

do with the exchange rate.

Sooner or later the ACCC will take them on. Beware any Cruise Liner

execs who think the ACCC is Mickey Mouse.

BHP Biliton , Rio Tinto and News Corp are just some of their Invstigations

The new on board booking has also changed.

Instead of the 5% discount there is a fixed amount off SELECTED cruises. This does not include inside cabins. I've just received the $200 coupon, this is also only for selected voyages and does not include inside cabins.

I'm guessing marketing has figured out too many of us have been taking advantage of the former system.

When we took a B2B we got credit for only 1 cruise instead of 2. I wish they would go to rewarding by days instead of cruises. Seems more equitable to me.

~Doris~

You should get credit for both cruises unless it was a Grand Voyage then it is counted differently

I would talk to your TA or the Club Ambassador

We have always gotten a credit for both cruises on B2B's

Lyn

Hi, Just got back from our 14th and 15th cruises (b2b - these last 2 on the absolutely exquisite Marina.) We got credit for both cruises and we received our gold pins at the O party. And probably the best part of the amenities are the 2 spa treatments!! Now I can get air deviation admin fees for free!!! These do add up with OBC and the gratutities. They do reward those of us who sail more often. To those of you who didn't get 2 credits for the b2b, I'd talk to your TA or call Oceania Club and complain! Arlene;)

Instead of the 5% discount there is a fixed amount off SELECTED cruises. This does not include inside cabins. I've just received the $200 coupon, this is also only for selected voyages and does not include inside cabins.

I'm guessing marketing has figured out too many of us have been taking advantage of the former system.

Is this the one you get after a cruise? Better check the window that it's good on. The last one I got I had about five days after receiving it to book a cruise.

My take is unless you have 5 or more cruises it's still more of nothing. Maybe someday, I'm easily 10 to 20 years younger than the average O passenger.

Personally, I think the credit system is the wrong way to reward people. Someone could sail three 23 day cruise for a total of 69 days aboard and still not get past the initial level to where there are any meaningful benefits. Yet someone who has sailed four ten day cruises for a total of 40 days reaches the higher level. Benefits imo should be calculated based on how much money you have spent with Oceania, better arrived at by days sailed. Besides, most of these pale beside the new all inclusiveness of Azamara starting in 2013.

Okay, I have to ask this question. If with your cruise when you book it, you receive free gratuities and a $200 shipboard credit, are these frequent cruiser bonuses on top of that amount? Does the staff get double the gratuities and does your onboard credit increase by $200 per cabin?:confused:

I think you can get the 5% (or now a fixed discount) or the $200 coupon

It depends on the cabin cat you book which is a better deal

Is the coupon still only good if you book up to 45 days after you return home from the cruise??

Okay, I have to ask this question. If with your cruise when you book it, you receive free gratuities and a $200 shipboard credit, are these frequent cruiser bonuses on top of that amount? Does the staff get double the gratuities and does your onboard credit increase by $200 per cabin?:confused:

I think this is what you are getting at

if you are 10+ cruises & get the pre paid gratuities & the $400 OBC from the Oceania Club benefits

then you get perks from your TA.... then it is just added to your on board account as cash

If that is not what you were asking I apologize for the confusion

Yes...The club member benefits are on top of the amenities you recieve when booking your sailing. The staff does not get double gratuities. The gratuities turn into shipboard credit...and you would have a $400.00 shipboard credit per stateroom.

Shari

Sharicruz6

We are at the level already receiving prepaid gratuities as an amenity. We booked a Grand Voyage which offered a $250 shipboard credit and prepaid gratuities.

Say the calculated gratuities = $900. Would we receive 1 x $900 or 2 x $900 as our credit?

The GV is worth 3 credits. Would we receive all the amenity credits at the beginning of the voyage, or would they be spaced out in thirds?

We are at the level already receiving prepaid gratuities as an amenity. We booked a Grand Voyage which offered a $250 shipboard credit and prepaid gratuities.

Say the calculated gratuities = $900. Would we receive 1 x $900 or 2 x $900 as our credit?

The GV is worth 3 credits. Would we receive all the amenity credits at the beginning of the voyage, or would they be spaced out in thirds?

Is the $900 amount PP ?

I am guessing then you receive for 2 people

Maybe someone from Oceania could help us out on this one? For our cruise in February, Oceania offered free gratuities and a $200 shipboard credit. The shipboard credit was I believe per cabin and the gratuities were per cabin I think, so if we qualified for an additional shipboard credit that would be on top of the current shipboard credit that Oceania offered us for booking with them. I think I have this correct now, but just want to make sure.

Maybe someone from Oceania could help us out on this one? For our cruise in February, Oceania offered free gratuities and a $200 shipboard credit. The shipboard credit was I believe per cabin and the gratuities were per cabin I think, so if we qualified for an additional shipboard credit that would be on top of the current shipboard credit that Oceania offered us for booking with them. I think I have this correct now, but just want to make sure.

You are correct

So you get prepaid gratuities for both passengers + the $200 OBC (per cabin usually) + the additional OBC

You can always ask your TA to clarify it for you

In regard to the "new rewards": we just took the Black Sea trip in August. It was wonderful--all the Alum groups added so much to the trip. This was our 5th cruise with O, so we were looking forwars to receiving our bronze pin at the party. A note was left on our bed saying that due to the large number--35--of bronze recepients our pins would be placed in our cabins. No mention of the bronze awardees was made at the party--we didn't go. The O ambassador said it would make the party last too long Ther were 140 past cruisers. Although bronze weren't mentiones people sailing on numbers above 10 were recognized, even if it wasn't a milestone trip. I know this because people we were travelling with were at the party. All they had to do was ask us all to stand up and say please pick up your pins on your way out. Pat

Wripro:

Yes, this is what was confusing to me. I had booked a cruise with a friend, not my sister who is my usual cruise mate and the $200 was credited to our cabin.

By the way, thank you so much for recommending Jorge Bras as a guide for Lisbon, Sintra, et. al. He was one of the best, if not the best, private guide we have ever used. Very informative, yet not overwhelmingly so, flexible, and accommodating. We loved all that we saw of Portugal, especially Obidos.

Archived