Navigator 11/11-15

Gracie115

Short review:

Nice cruise, ship in great shape for 9 years old.

Entertainment was better than expected. Love the piano guy in the Schooner bar, better than Perry Grant on X ships.

Food in dining room good, not great but what we expected. My Time Dining service not as good as last time on the Jewel but still OK.

Seems like the housekeeping staff have more staterooms to take care of, they work hard! Ours did good job but she was at work from 8:30AM until nearly 10PM every day with only an hour or two off in the afternoon. Hard work.

Chops was good, service not as good as in the past.

No grapefruit juice on board...but have discussed that on another thread.

Buffet for breakfast was good, lunch too many repeat items..day after day..

Love their cookies though and the soft serve ice cream!

Quest game not held until 11:15 last night....should do it earlier in cruise as they used to, in my opinion...

Ice show was great.

Better photographers, got two free pix with C & A coupons and actually bought another!

Will answer any questions.

Off to X's Eclipse on Wednesday...can't wait!! Almost like a back to back!!!:D

Short review:

Nice cruise, ship in great shape for 9 years old.

Entertainment was better than expected. Love the piano guy in the Schooner bar, better than Perry Grant on X ships.

Food in dining room good, not great but what we expected. My Time Dining service not as good as last time on the Jewel but still OK.

Seems like the housekeeping staff have more staterooms to take care of, they work hard! Ours did good job but she was at work from 8:30AM until nearly 10PM every day with only an hour or two off in the afternoon. Hard work.

Chops was good, service not as good as in the past.

No grapefruit juice on board...but have discussed that on another thread.

Buffet for breakfast was good, lunch too many repeat items..day after day..

Love their cookies though and the soft serve ice cream!

Quest game not held until 11:15 last night....should do it earlier in cruise as they used to, in my opinion...

Ice show was great.

Better photographers, got two free pix with C & A coupons and actually bought another!

Will answer any questions.

Off to X's Eclipse on Wednesday...can't wait!! Almost like a back to back!!!:D

That could be quite a back-handed compliment, since she is not quite 8 years old. :D

Any formal nights? Wondering if they will have my favorite which is pork medallions? What is the entertainment in the theatre? Thanks...onboard in 19 days :) Have a great time on the Eclipse.

2nd night was formal night.

Had pork medallions one night, don't remember which.

The theatre had an opening night show which we missed all but the last few minutes.. 2nd night was the ballroom dancing show, which was allright, 3rd night was comedian, 4th night was the Royal singers and dancers doing A LOT of songs from 40's to present and they did a really good job, better than I expected frankly.

You'll enjoy it..I'm not usually overly impressed by cruise directors but Simeon is good and funny and endlessly energetic....

Thanks for the review. We sail on her this Saturday! We were going to come down a few days early and go on the Eclipse sailing too (they had some awesome last minute military deals)...but our son got sick last week and missed a few days of school. Didn't want to pull him out for that sailing since he already missed 4 days in the last 2 weeks from being sick! At least we have it out of the way and he is sailing healthy!

I really wanted my husband to experience a Celebrity cruise! He has only been on the Majesty. I have been on Celebrity and love it! But that was "before" kids. My sister just sailed the Solstice and had a great time!

We were on the same cruise.

Formal night we saw very few tuxes, the DH wore a suit and tie.

We didn't use the Dungeon as it is a smoking bar.

Beef tenderloin and very tiny lobster tails were served on formal night - 2 different entrees. The beef tenderlion melted in your mouth.

Pork medallions were the first night.

Disembarkment was the only issue - took a good hour. However it didn't ruin my cruise!

A great trip on a great ship. Lots to do!

• 4 weeks later...

We just got off the Navigator. Formal night wasn't formal at all...most men wore jackets or suits and women wore cocktail dresses or dressy tops with pants. I didn't notice any men in tuxes and saw only a handful of women in evening gowns. The food quality in the dining room was excellent and the ship was chock full of great entertainers in holiday spirit.

Archived