Royal Princess after Oct 2016?

dmwnc1959

I'm sure this wasn't there last night when I was checking the deck plans, an option to chose 'sailing before' or 'after' Oct. 1, 2016. Wonder if that's when she's going for her refit? Or whatever's happening?

Right now nothing 'loads' when you select 'after'...weird.

http://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=RP

:confused:

I'm sure this wasn't there last night when I was checking the deck plans, an option to chose 'sailing before' or 'after' Oct. 1, 2016. Wonder if that's when she's going for her refit? Or whatever's happening?

I'm seeing the same thing and having the same problem...nothing loads.

I was just on the Feb. 7th sailing and Michael (Hotel General Manager) had said she was going into Dry Dock in February of 2016. He said it was just because she was still "under warranty". Maybe they pushed it back to October?

Here's hoping for a center staircase :)

I was just on the Feb. 7th sailing and Michael (Hotel General Manager) had said she was going into Dry Dock in February of 2016. He said it was just because she was still "under warranty". Maybe they pushed it back to October?

As of the February 7th Royal cruise, the February 2016 dry dock has been pushed back. There are now two 7-day cruises scheduled for that timeframe.

Lew

I wonder if the Coral is going to use the Royal's original time frame, I don't really recall which Coral cruises were cancelled but I am pretty sure it was around that time, and I think for a longer time. Maybe there will be an announcement soon.

Dave, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the itineraries for the end of 2016 are out yet... so, I don't understand how you could possibly get the Royal's itinerary for October 2016...

It has nothing to do with itineraries. It is the deck plans. I went to check them today and saw the same thing. I suspect that in a while, the "after oct 2016" plans will load and then we'll know better what's going on...

It's strange that the website appears to show deck plan changes after October 1, 2016. That is the day she leaves Barcelona on her TA to FLL. There is no space in her schedule between now and then where any changes could be made. It is also interesting that the October 1, 2016 cruise shows on the website even if it can't be booked. Maybe just some testing of the website?

Edited by IECalCruiser

From what I understand, they are recategorizing some of the obstructed balcony cabins that are clearly not obstructed. And they're creating a new category for the connecting staterooms, which is probably a very good thing.

From what I understand, they are recategorizing some of the obstructed balcony cabins that are clearly not obstructed. And they're creating a new category for the connecting staterooms, which is probably a very good thing.

That sounds good! I have a category ocean view obstructed on the Crown in October and, from photos I have seen and the deck plans, it isn't obstructed at all. I assume I get to keep it at the fare I booked it for... I wonder if Princess will do this to all ships?

That sounds good! I have a category ocean view obstructed on the Crown in October and, from photos I have seen and the deck plans, it isn't obstructed at all. I assume I get to keep it at the fare I booked it for... I wonder if Princess will do this to all ships?

Well, I think this is just for Royal and Regal . As Dave has noted on his voluminous thread, there were cabins high up and forward that were listed as obstructed because of an apparent steel railing, but actually have the glass railing.

• 1 month later...

I was looking at Royal Princess deck plans today, and now the choice has changed to before/after April 22, 2016. Anyone know what's changing? The only thing I noticed at first glance was that L109/L100/L114/L115 were reclassified from obstructed view to unobstructed.

I was looking at Royal Princess deck plans today, and now the choice has changed to before/after April 22, 2016. Anyone know what's changing? The only thing I noticed at first glance was that L109/L100/L114/L115 were reclassified from obstructed view to unobstructed.

Most, if not all, of the Princess ships have a before/after date in the spring of next year.

Speculation has been it is just for the reclassification of cabins.

What you found confirms this.

If you'll take your time and compare each deck plan with one another, you'll clearly see that they are "CHANGING" the deck plans thus why you saw the option based on sailing!!

If you'll take your time and compare each deck plan with one another, you'll clearly see that they are "CHANGING" the deck plans thus why you saw the option based on sailing!!

On the date that this thread originally posted (over a month ago) that was literally impossible. As I said in Post #1: when you clicked on the option for those future sailing dates NOTHING LOADED. Nothing. Loaded. As in nothing happened to bring up those "new" changes so that I could compare them if I wanted to. :rolleyes:

But thanks anyways Tom for another "non-contributing post" after the fact.

:cool: