Carnival Drops Tortola as Port of Call for 2014-2015

LauraS

I hope they'll resolve either the scheduling conflicts or the pier rebuild so that CCL can port there in the future! We had a wonderful time there this past June on FREEDOM, and would hate to think it would not be available in the future...

Dang... one of the ports I haven't seen yet. Hopefully they can get it resolved.

I feel like Carnival's selection of ports is shrinking. No Bermuda, No Tortola, spotty Key West, etc... I'd like to see some more ports come back or maybe try some new places. I haven't even been to Nassau yet, and I feel like its over-used.

If you really want to experience the British Virgin Islands...and I mean the BVI, not just Tortola, Jost Van Dyke or the Baths on Virgin Gorda -- do a land-based vacation there.

We go every year - sometimes twice - and we charter and sail. But, if you're not the sailing type, they have fantastic villas and there is SO MUCH to see! Virgin Gorda is an EXCELLENT place to vacation - and you can get to some of the other islands via inter-island ferries. Same with Tortola.

Dang... one of the ports I haven't seen yet. Hopefully they can get it resolved.

I feel like Carnival's selection of ports is shrinking. No Bermuda, No Tortola, spotty Key West, etc... I'd like to see some more ports come back or maybe try some new places. I haven't even been to Nassau yet, and I feel like its over-used.

also lost St Croix. :(

We experienced the best snorkeling ever in Tortola off Norman Island. I'm already booked on the Liberty for November 2014 and chose an itinerary that included Tortola. Guess I'll wait and see what Carnival replaces it with before I cancel.

That Stinks!! Its one of our favorite Islands, glad we had a chance to go there with our girls.. It is quite beautiful! The baths excursion was beautiful and the beaches as well...Oh well what can you do, see what island they"ll put in place of it.

NOooooooooo:mad:

We booked the Liberty for next Nov. 2014, just for that port and time there!

Actually, we first booked the Dream for that port, but they're switching home ports with the Sunshine by that time next year:(

So we took our booking to the Liberty........now, since we been to those other ports multiple times (as recent as of last week!). Going have to call tonite after I scope out some intineries to see if we can switch to another ship, at no charge (booked ES):(

Archived