Future Sales office on Ships?

hubofhockey

Does Princess have an office or counter for passengers to book future cruises on its ships? If so, do they provide discounts? We're on the Crown next month and I'm looking to book Med for next year and would love to be able to talk to some sales reps. Maybe I could do better dealing with a TA (an maybe I should). But if they are offering information and deals, I might book onboard. Thanks in advance for your answers.

Len

Does Princess have an office or counter for passengers to book future cruises on its ships? If so, do they provide discounts? We're on the Crown next month and I'm looking to book Med for next year and would love to be able to talk to some sales reps. Maybe I could do better dealing with a TA (an maybe I should). But if they are offering information and deals, I might book onboard. Thanks in advance for your answers.
The Future Cruise Sales Consultant has a desk or office with brochures, etc. They don't provide discounts; you'll get the Princess rate. You have the option to book a future cruise or a future cruise booking deposit. If you book a cruise while onboard, the booking will automatically go to the TA used to book the cruise you're on. One option is to have it made a Princess booking and then find a TA with the best pricing and they'll take over the booking. You can also buy a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for $100/pp and when you get home, find a TA with the best price and book your cruise through them. There are benefits to booking while onboard or buying an FCC in the form of onboard credits for your future cruise. Depending on the cabin category and length of the cruise, you will have an OBC of $25 - $100.

Thanks Pam. I am going to guess that the FCC is discounted 50%. Is that the case? I buy two $100 FCCs and get double that in OBC?

I need to book a Med cruise soon for next year. My first Princess cruise is next month and I am not going to book my Med cruise until I see how much I like Princess. Right now, the Celebrity Solstice appears cheaper than the Ruby. But I am hoping I can find ways to get discounts to get the prices closer. I thought booking on board could be a way. I will go for the FCCs if I like my Crown cruise. My biggest fear on Celebrity would be doing a Med cruise without anytime dining. Just got to close the price gap.

I am going to guess that the FCC is discounted 50%. Is that the case? I buy two $100 FCCs and get double that in OBC?

Onboard credit when an FCC or actual cruise is booked onboard is as follows:

7-9 Day cruise

$25 per person inside $50 per person oceanview

10-15 Days

$75 per person inside $100 per person oceanview

16+ Days

$125 per person inside $150 per person oveanview

Yes, there is a Future Cruise sales rep on board each Princess ship. No discounts, but you get an OBC of $25 to $150 depending on length of cruise and whether you book inside or outside.

They weill not necessarily give you what is promised... I had two FCC letters from our Pacific Circle cruise as we were booking B2B cruises in Feb 2010 I booked, sent the FCC and was told they would not honour the low deposit NOR the on board credit as I had not booked in AUSTRALIA???? The actual cruise was NOT AVAILABLE at any TA in australia when I booked so they only give when they think they will my FCC were useless. I cant even get a reply from A Berkelew whom I contacted personally..............:mad:

If you book a cruise while onboard, the booking will automatically go to the TA used to book the cruise you're on.

That is the default, but you can request when you book it on board yo go to any TA you want.

They weill not necessarily give you what is promised... I had two FCC letters from our Pacific Circle cruise as we were booking B2B cruises in Feb 2010 I booked, sent the FCC and was told they would not honour the low deposit NOR the on board credit as I had not booked in AUSTRALIA???? The actual cruise was NOT AVAILABLE at any TA in australia when I booked so they only give when they think they will my FCC were useless. I cant even get a reply from A Berkelew whom I contacted personally..............:mad:
This is true. Since Princess is a U.S. corporation, there are different criteria for Australian and UK cruisers since Princess also has divisions in those countries which are operated separately.

That is the default, but you can request when you book it on board yo go to any TA you want.
Hmmm... I've always thought it was either the TA who booked your cruise, i.e., the default, or Princess, not a completely different TA. Interesting information.

Is the $100/pp future cruise deposit the only deposit amount you will have to pay - after deciding on an actual cruise? On Royal Caribbean, the Next Cruise deposit is $100/pp - but you have to pay the difference in the deposit amount when you book the actual cruise.

Is the $100/pp future cruise deposit the only deposit amount you will have to pay - after deciding on an actual cruise? On Royal Caribbean, the Next Cruise deposit is $100/pp - but you have to pay the difference in the deposit amount when you book the actual cruise.
Yes it is only the $100.00 pp deposit.

That is one of the great things about FCCs. A $100 FCC can use to book a cruise and hold the booking until final payment date (instead of the usual 20% deposit). In addition, when you use the FCC for your booking, you can pay $100 to add a second person to that booking (or use a second $100 FCC).

Happy cruising!

Craig

That is one of the great things about FCCs. A $100 FCC can use to book a cruise and hold the booking until final payment date (instead of the usual 20% deposit). In addition, when you use the FCC for your booking, you can pay $100 to add a second person to that booking (or use a second $100 FCC).

Happy cruising!

Craig

Thanks Craig. I think I understand this better now. If I want to book the Ruby for a 12-day Med on a balcony cabin for 2010, I can give them $100 onboard and that gets applied when I book and I can get $100 OBC per person. I can use the $100 for my deposit and pay rest at Final payment. I can also do the actual booking through a TA and save more. If I am incorrect about anything, please let me know.

This seems like a good way for Princess to get repeat passengers.

Thanks Craig. I think I understand this better now. If I want to book the Ruby for a 12-day Med on a balcony cabin for 2010, I can give them $100 onboard and that gets applied when I book and I can get $100 OBC per person. I can use the $100 for my deposit and pay rest at Final payment. I can also do the actual booking through a TA and save more. If I am incorrect about anything, please let me know.

This seems like a good way for Princess to get repeat passengers.

It is a great benefit. You commit very little money to hold your booking until 90 days before the cruise. If you end up booking the actual cruise through a TA, be sure to tell them that you want to use an existing FCC for your deposit.

Craig

Yes it is only the $100.00 pp deposit.

Thanks to both of you. So - if I want to book a future cruise for 3 people, should I pay three $100 deposits, or will one $100 deposit suffice until I have an actual cruise to book? If the latter, then I pay the $100/pp deposits for the other two people when I book the actual cruise, right? Do the other people also get an onboard credit based on the length of the cruise and cabin type?

Thanks to both of you. So - if I want to book a future cruise for 3 people, should I pay three $100 deposits, or will one $100 deposit suffice until I have an actual cruise to book? If the latter, then I pay the $100/pp deposits for the other two people when I book the actual cruise, right? Do the other people also get an onboard credit based on the length of the cruise and cabin type?
You can buy an FCC only for someone sailing with you; it can't be the kids at home, in-laws, etc. You can either buy a $100 FCC for each person cruising with you who will be on the future cruise or, you can buy one and when you book, pay $100 per person for the others in the cabin. You can't use the one FCC for people in more than one cabin.

Here's an example: my sister and brother-in-law each got an FCC for a future cruise. They're taking a friend and her daughter on a cruise next October so they used one FCC for my sister and paid $100 deposit for the daughter, and used the other FCC for my brother-in-law and paid another $100 deposit for the friend. When they get onboard, they'll get new cruise cards so they're in the right cabin.

You can buy an FCC only for someone sailing with you; it can't be the kids at home, in-laws, etc. You can either buy a $100 FCC for each person cruising with you who will be on the future cruise or, you can buy one and when you book, pay $100 per person for the others in the cabin. You can't use the one FCC for people in more than one cabin.

Here's an example: my sister and brother-in-law each got an FCC for a future cruise. They're taking a friend and her daughter on a cruise next October so they used one FCC for my sister and paid $100 deposit for the daughter, and used the other FCC for my brother-in-law and paid another $100 deposit for the friend. When they get onboard, they'll get new cruise cards so they're in the right cabin.

Thanks, Pam - that helps a lot! I will be cruising with a friend, but I want the FCC for when I cruise with my 2 daughters next year.

How do onboard credits work if I book only one FCC? Am I the only one who will get the OBC because I paid just one cruise deposit while on the cruise? Or will the 2nd person in the cabin also get an onboard credit?

How do onboard credits work if I book only one FCC? Am I the only one who will get the OBC because I paid just one cruise deposit while on the cruise? Or will the 2nd person in the cabin also get an onboard credit?
I always cruise as a single so I'm not the best person to ask but I believe only the person with the FCC gets the OBC. After all, the OBC is a perk for buying the FCC. I bet Toto knows. :)

When booking with one FCC, it is good for the first two passengers in the stateroom. But as Pam says, you would pay $100 for the second passengers deposit. So, you use one FCC plus $100 for two passengers. BOTH will receive the shipboard credit associated with the FCC booking, even when using only one FCC. The second passenger in the stateroom did not have to be on the sailing with you where you purchased the FCC and they will still receive the shipboard credit. ;)

When booking with one FCC, it is good for the first two passengers in the stateroom. But as Pam says, you would pay $100 for the second passengers deposit. So, you use one FCC plus $100 for two passengers. BOTH will receive the shipboard credit associated with the FCC booking, even when using only one FCC. The second passenger in the stateroom did not have to be on the sailing with you where you purchased the FCC and they will still receive the shipboard credit. ;)

Thanks, Pam and Toto. :) What a sweet deal! One last question: are you limited to buying one FCC per person per cruise? Or could I buy several, in anticipation of booking multiple Princess cruises in the future?

Thanks, Pam and Toto. :) What a sweet deal! One last question: are you limited to buying one FCC per person per cruise? Or could I buy several, in anticipation of booking multiple Princess cruises in the future?

From what I have seen, there is no limit to the number of FCC's you can purchase while onboard. We have purchased 4-6 on past cruises, all on the same cruise. I know of others who have purchased even larger quantities. :)

Just remember, they are good for 4 years from the date of purchase.

Buy 10... :) They don't care. I usually have two "on hand" in case I want to book a future cruise.

also remember to ask for the share the weath coupon when you purchase your FCC. It is a postcard that allows you to invite others to come on your next voyage with you and they will also get the OBC.

We gave one to our cousins who are joining us on an upcoming cruise and they each get $50 OBC. It is a nice program.:)

From what I have seen, there is no limit to the number of FCC's you can purchase while onboard. We have purchased 4-6 on past cruises, all on the same cruise. I know of others who have purchased even larger quantities. :)

Just remember, they are good for 4 years from the date of purchase.

Buy 10... :) They don't care. I usually have two "on hand" in case I want to book a future cruise.

Thanks, again!

also remember to ask for the share the weath coupon when you purchase your FCC. It is a postcard that allows you to invite others to come on your next voyage with you and they will also get the OBC.

We gave one to our cousins who are joining us on an upcoming cruise and they each get $50 OBC. It is a nice program.:)

Sorry to tell you this, but Share the Wealth coupons are no longer available, they have been discountinued. :( You are lucky you were able to use one for your cousins when you did.

Archived