Vista Sister!

brepri_h

looks like whatever her name is she should be here in 2018

http://www.cruisehive.com/second-carnival-vista-class-ship-begins-take-shape/10747

Second Carnival Vista Class Ship Begins To Take Shape

Vista-Keel-Laying3-710x434.jpg

Emrys Thakkar EMRYS THAKKAR 4 WEEKS AGO 0

Carnival Vista

Carnival Vista Keel Laying, 2015. Photo By Carnival Cruise Line

The second Vista class ship for Carnival Cruise Line has started to take shape at the Fincantieri shipyard in Marghera, Italy. The traditional keel laying ceremony was held today which is a major construction milestone. The ceremony was attended by key personnel from Italian shipbuilder and Carnival Cruise Line.

John Heald, Senior Cruise Director for Carnival posted some photos of the upcoming ship as seen below:

12472728_1192108857498340_8459130421169628584_n.jpg?oh=0cecfa42b5f2b83be1ad99610ace352b&oe=579EFAA1

12961564_1192108894165003_4957560445692499037_n.jpg?oh=69b01b428fa7d95127185b981bbbd63e&oe=57A395A2

The yet to be named vessel will be the second in the Vista class and sister ship to Carnival Vista which will be delivered to the cruise line this month. The second Vista class ship will be delivered in 2018 at around 133,500 gross tons and carry 6,500 guests and crew.

No further details have been released on the ship but expect to see an identical design to the Carnival Vista along with similar onboard features like SkyRide and an IMAX Theater.

Source: Fincantieri

You've been able to book on the Vista for quite some time. She sailed on Sunday headed for the US. Already got my September 2017 cruise booked on her!!!!

I think they meant when do Vista's sister ship cruises start going on sale. And how long before Vista sailed were we able to book cruises... lol, I think that's worded awkwardly but I know what I mean in my head! :)

Those who have seen my signature(and don't assume I'm crazy) know I have a little inside information on this topic. So here is the list of the next 6 ships as I remember it*.

1. Carnival Horizon - Vista Class

2. Carnival Spectacle - Vista Class

3. Carnival Fiesta - Technically Vista Class, Special 50’th Anniversary Ship)

4. Carnival Solaris - Solaris Class

5. Carnival Aurora - Solaris Class

6. Carnival Cosmos - Solaris Class

*Names subject to change and are quite possibly a complete figment of my imagination! However, if we start complaining now maybe we can stop them from ever using the horrible name Cosmos!!

Now I just need to avoid the temporal agents since I just polluted the time line by posting this!:p

Edited by wo5m