Gastrointestinal virus o Marina--NOT NORO!

fb0075

2 cases on the second day followed by 3 more on day 3 and 3 more on day 5--

Obviously IMHO it was brought on board as no problems previously and it happened so close to boarding!

We are in CODE RED 1 but no problems and crew doing great job!

FRANK

Edited by fb0075

2 cases on the second day followed by 3 more on day 3 and 3 more on day 5--

Obviously IMHO it was brought on board as no problems previously and it happened so close to boarding!

We are in CODE RED 1 but no problems and crew doing great job!

FRANK

And how do you know it is not Noro? Hope not, but how can you be sure?

The boat is up to 10 people with "GI" problems. The crew is doing a clean sweep through out the ship and I couldn't be more impressed. Im staying away from all the public restrooms and using sanitizer gel religiously.

They are only using the term "GI" to update the passengers which to me is vague and I do agree that it might of been brought on board..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Taked with the Hotel Director!

FRANK

Oh! And they always tell the truth? I wonder. Are they telling you what Oceania want them to say? Only time will tell.

The day we arrived in Lima, which was the day before Disembarcation they gave every cabin individual hand sanitizers plus a spray. There was also someone stationed at the Terrace to make sure you did your hands

The day we arrived in Lima, which was the day before Disembarcation they gave every cabin individual hand sanitizers plus a spray. There was also someone stationed at the Terrace to make sure you did your hands

Yet I witnessed people still grabbing serving spoons and helping themselves since they were too impatient to wait to be served.

By the way my wife contracted GI the day we disembarked the ship at Callao.

What is the Code Red situation now? We are getting on the ship for New York to Lisbon -- very upsetting to know there is a problem. I had Noro when on the Riviera a couple of years ago -- transatlantic cruise -- and I've never been so violently sick.

Yet I witnessed people still grabbing serving spoons and helping themselves since they were too impatient to wait to be served.

By the way my wife contracted GI the day we disembarked the ship at Callao.

How did they get hold of the spoons? The servers always hold on tight to them in my experience of O.

I hope the problem is soon resolved for everyone. J

someone posted in another thread that they had been sick when stopping in Peru

When returning home was still sick & discovered they had some parasite similar symptoms to Noro

so do get checked out by a travel clinic doctor

Something oncoming passengers should be aware of. Because of this GI situation, we have not been able to use the laundry room. So please pack accordingly in regards to laundry soap. They have a special going on, 20 pieces for $25. The only downside is the adhesive tag they use on your clothes may snare that particular spot. I've been taking advantage of the deep bathroom sink and the dryline in the tub/shower.

So the ship is still in Code Red? My TA said she checked with CDC and was told Code Red has ended on Marina. What's the story onboard? Other than laundry, what else is affected?

So the ship is still in Code Red? My TA said she checked with CDC and was told Code Red has ended on Marina. What's the story onboard? Other than laundry, what else is affected?

I'm interested as well. This is getting "old"

All is good---

We were in code red 1 which is the lowest level and from what I saw it wasnt much difference except for the constant cleaning!

Crew did great!!!

Laundry room is open ---

Again, it wasnt NORO but a lesser virus ---

frank

An update today on the beautiful Oceania Marina.

No code red - crew and staff are still taking precautionary measures and by that they are practising sanitising measures, wiping handrails, lift buttons etc., but there is no intrusion to services provided to guests. From what we can see when we are out and about on the ship and certainly going into restaurants, guests are using the hand sanitisers. As are the staff. Coming back onboard there is always some one ( Dominique, General Manager, is very visible around the gangway) directing guests to use the hand sanitisers and we all walk through a sanitised mat.

The self service laundries have been open for two days now (it may actually be 3), and they are still offering the bundle laundry if you wish to use that service.

We have been very impressed with the way Oceania has handled this situation from advising us pre-arrival into Lima, Peru that there may be issues with GI - and it appears that most guest have heeded the advice. The GI was brought on board in Lima - there were no issues, other than the medivac, before then. Oceania were clearly proactive in anticipating that there might be issues rather than wait and react afterwards.

So look forward to your cruise.

About the spoons - Jay23 you have no idea how long some folks' arms are!!!!! they have no patience either to wait a few seconds to be served! But recently I don't recall seeing any spoons in reach, not that there are many ever. Even the small serving boats with the clotted cream and jam for the scones for afternoon tea have been placed behind the big dish that holds the scones so only the servers can reach them! And the extras for the icecream are out of reach too. But that's a good thing IMHO as folk don't use the tongs they just grab with their hands.

The Marina will be arriving tonight instead of 7am tomorrow. It was announced overhead of a medical emergency that will brung us to shore early however, we still will have to wait for immigrations in the morning to go onshore and explore.

We sailed past Cuba in the far distance today. Got to see the mountain lines and thought that was really cool . Looking forward to visiting Miami!

How did they get hold of the spoons? The servers always hold on tight to them in my experience of O.

I hope the problem is soon resolved for everyone. J

I have actually seen someone reach underneath the glass barrier and grab (with their bare hand!) a handful of bacon. Money can't buy class.

I have actually seen someone reach underneath the glass barrier and grab (with their bare hand!) a handful of bacon. Money can't buy class.

I hope that you said something to that someone :eek:

The reports about passenger behavior is shocking and appalling!! Must say we've seen it on all our O cruises as well.

WTH....! Perhaps a graphic video looping on TVs inside cabin/suite rooms would spread the news about VIOLENT DIARRHEA DISEASE!!

Frustrated beyond beyond plus +++++

The reports about passenger behavior is shocking and appalling!! Must say we've seen it on all our O cruises as well.

WTH....! Perhaps a graphic video looping on TVs inside cabin/suite rooms would spread the news about VIOLENT DIARRHEA DISEASE!!

Frustrated beyond beyond plus +++++

We have been cruising on Oceania for over 10 years with many cruises on all of their ships.

Unless my memory fails me (it's always possible :)) I do not recall this type of behavior on our early Oceania cruises but have seen plenty of it lately.:(

It is frustrating and a real shame, especially in view of the potential consequences.