Quick question for anyone that’s sailed on Vision of the Seas

We’re leaving on 11/20/17 with a group of 50 people and we’re looking for an outdoor casual meeting area, besides the main pool area. Can anyone recommend a good place where all of us can meet up? I’ve looked over the deck plans but it’s hard to tell, and none of us are familiar with this ship. TIA!

Just got off Vision! We had the best time! One of the best cruises ever! It might be the Captain, but I loved it! Food was awesome! The crew members were extraordinary! The Parade of Flags was a don't miss! Captain Marek can do Bon Jovi better than Bon Jovi!

Thanks for the review, but this has nothing to do with the question asked.

Solarium?

I thought about that but some of us have children traveling with us. Solarium is adults only, correct?

And what is the likelihood that the roof will be open? I’m reading mixed reviews on this but it sounds like it’s closed more often than its open.

What about for sailaway? Is there an outdoor area where we could all meet up on one of the higher decks?

Thank you for the reply, btw.

I thought about that but some of us have children traveling with us. Solarium is adults only, correct?

And what is the likelihood that the roof will be open? I’m reading mixed reviews on this but it sounds like it’s closed more often than its open.

What about for sailaway? Is there an outdoor area where we could all meet up on one of the higher decks?

Thank you for the reply, btw.

Deck 10, one deck above the pool deck.

Just got off Vision! We had the best time! One of the best cruises ever! It might be the Captain, but I loved it! Food was awesome! The crew members were extraordinary! The Parade of Flags was a don't miss! Captain Marek can do Bon Jovi better than Bon Jovi!

Love hearing this!! :hearteyes:

Love hearing this!! We sail on her in a few weeks!! Wonder if you happen to have a cruise compass you could share with us?

Love hearing this!! We sail on her in a few weeks!! Wonder if you happen to have a cruise compass you could share with us?

Lynn, I stink with technology! I can take pictures of them and try to post them or I can e-mail them to you! If anybody has a better idea let me know! I would love to share them!

Vision is an older ship and slightly different from the ones I have been on. She only holds a little more than 2,000 passengers. I had heard so many negative things I was worried. I had no issues weigh the ship. There is all kinds of little storage areas so you have to be creative with storing stuff. We discovered the top came off the ottoman so we used it to store dirty clothes. One side of the pool area is for smoking so I avoided that side since I don't smoke.

Lynn, I stink with technology! I can take pictures of them and try to post them or I can e-mail them to you! If anybody has a better idea let me know! I would love to share them!

Vision is an older ship and slightly different from the ones I have been on. She only holds a little more than 2,000 passengers. I had heard so many negative things I was worried. I had no issues weigh the ship. There is all kinds of little storage areas so you have to be creative with storing stuff. We discovered the top came off the ottoman so we used it to store dirty clothes. One side of the pool area is for smoking so I avoided that side since I don't smoke.

I understand about the techy stuff. Me too. It is relatively easy tho to snap photos & post them here..... others have been asking too in different threads...so it'd be AWESOME if you could post them here.

We've sailed on Rhapsody & Serenade ships twice ....we've sailed on the Voyager & Freedom class ships and did like them...a lot...but think we'll enjoy going back to the smaller ship. I'll spend most of my days in the Solarium pool....(I like the adults only aspect of it). Thanks for your insider info! Can't wait!!!

We’re leaving on 11/20/17 with a group of 50 people and we’re looking for an outdoor casual meeting area, besides the main pool area. Can anyone recommend a good place where all of us can meet up? I’ve looked over the deck plans but it’s hard to tell, and none of us are familiar with this ship. TIA!

Deck 5 port side (non smoking) is wide with many chairs. The front of deck 10 has a small elevated area (directly above the windjammer) that seemed not to be used much when I sailed Vision recently.Loungers and chairs in that location, not sure if it could fit 50 people though

I understand about the techy stuff. Me too. It is relatively easy tho to snap photos & post them here..... others have been asking too in different threads...so it'd be AWESOME if you could post them here.

We've sailed on Rhapsody & Serenade ships twice ....we've sailed on the Voyager & Freedom class ships and did like them...a lot...but think we'll enjoy going back to the smaller ship. I'll spend most of my days in the Solarium pool....(I like the adults only aspect of it). Thanks for your insider info! Can't wait!!!

I am out of town for work but I will be home tomorrow and will try to post them! I may need help! I will hopefully be home by noon!