Sailing the Pearl 2/11/18 Dining Room Attire Question

tawcat

I've read and re-read NCL's dress code and am still confused. I think there are two main dining rooms? One for those desiring to dress up for dinner and one for those desiring to dress casual for dinner.

I'm wanting to pack very lightly and would rather just pack shorts, nice shorts no cutoffs etc. So I'm wondering if nice dressy shorts are permissible in the dining room at dinner?

Traveling with two other couples that I'm sure will want to eat in the dining room.

I've read and re-read NCL's dress code and am still confused. I think there are two main dining rooms? One for those desiring to dress up for dinner and one for those desiring to dress casual for dinner.

I'm wanting to pack very lightly and would rather just pack shorts, nice shorts no cutoffs etc. So I'm wondering if nice dressy shorts are permissible in the dining room at dinner?

Traveling with two other couples that I'm sure will want to eat in the dining room.

just off the Pearl last Sunday: casual including shorts are allowed everywhere except Summer Palace which is one of the MDRs and Le Bistro which is, as it sounds a sur charge French restaurant. Summer Palace makes it very clear no shorts, cut offs or holey jeans; we saw people get turned by them because of the dress code. Otherwise you are fine with shorts just about anywhere and many people did wear shorts to dinner in the other restaurants. Hubby only wore long pants 2 nights.

Just being pedantic, but it isn’t really the case that one dining room is for those that wish to dress up and one for people who wish to dress casual.

Yes, there is a slightly stricter dress code in the aft dining room, but you can still go there wearing jeans, for example.

If we go to a MDR it is almost always the aft one, and I hate dressing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just being pedantic, but it isn’t really the case that one dining room is for those that wish to dress up and one for people who wish to dress casual.

Yes, there is a slightly stricter dress code in the aft dining room, but you can still go there wearing jeans, for example.

If we go to a MDR it is almost always the aft one, and I hate dressing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds like hubby: yes, we saw plenty of jeans in the aft dining room on our cruise. We even saw them in Le Bistro. the only restriction seems to be holey jeans and shorts. Of course it helps if you are wearing shoes as well. ;)