What is your Favourite Pizza topping

pinkpanther52

I have too many "favorites", but Alfredo, or white pizza with feta cheese and spinach, or asiago/fresh mozzarella/sharp cheddar/(a smidgen of) sharp provolone with fresh sausage crumbles, black olives, and lots of fresh (as in just picked off the plant on the back porch) minced basil leaves.

Pepperoni,, too!

Unless it has tomato sauce, mozzerella/provelone, spices, etc...it's not pizza.

Agree mostly but for the tomato sauce. It's ok, but not essential to me. Actually a small pizza buffet chain (Infinitos) near us offers a "Rose' " pizza--a blend of Alfredo and marinara--which is a pleasant blend of styles!:D

Blue Cheese and lettuce is NOT a pizza!!! It's a salad with a crust!
Agree! Pizza with blue cheese and lettuce? that sounds like a pizza that was thrown away in my garden after a couple of days of fermenting!:eek:

Agree mostly but for the tomato sauce. It's ok, but not essential to me. Actually a small pizza buffet chain (Infinitos) near us offers a "Rose' " pizza--a blend of Alfredo and marinara--which is a pleasant blend of styles!:D

Agree! Pizza with blue cheese and lettuce? that sounds like a pizza that was thrown away in my garden after a couple of days of fermenting!:eek:

Well we have to have some healthy food to balance out those deep fried Mars bars :) :) or the deep fried Pizza - Now that is BAD

Well we have to have some healthy food to balance out those deep fried Mars bars :) :) or the deep fried Pizza - Now that is BAD

We are not oblivious to nutrition--Of course we need healthy foods--olives in martinis, celery stalks in our bloody marys, and OUR pizzas and Mars bars and Twinkies and Double-Stuff Oreos are fried only in polyunsaturated 100% vegetable oil!:D

And at least twice a year we eat a salad, whether we need it or not!:eek:

Edited by capncarp

• 2 weeks later...

I make a flatbread with thinly sliced Roma tomatoes, Feta cheese, carmalized onions, and balsamic glaze that is to die for. I also like a traditional Italian pie (ie thin crust, light sauce and cheese) with prosciutto.

Edited by ducklite

I make a flatbread with thinly sliced Roma tomatoes, Feta cheese, carmalized onions, and balsamic glaze that is to die for. I also like a traditional Italian pie (ie thin crust, light sauce and cheese) with prosciutto.

Sold! I'll take 2 slices of each!:) Mmmmmmm....prociutto....

As a side note, my DW makes, for her Easter soul food, a family recipe pie called pizza rustica, which while is not what the western hemisphere might consider a "pizza" but it has an actual pie crust and contains prociutto, italian sausage, and REAL (_sharp_) provolone.

• 1 month later...

Hmmmm. I tend to use pineapple as topping quite a bit, but I vary things quite a bit. I can go for a traditional cheese pizza or I can get behind a lot of what California Pizza Kitchen has.

I could go for peanut sauce, chicken, pepperoni, pineapple and swiss right now (but I don't feel like making it).

Edited by SXMFreedom

• 3 months later...