Carnival Miracle - Fresh Review, June 2018

AtlFolks

This was our first Carnival cruise and as repayment of all the answers I got from my questions, here’s my quick review for new cruisers to the Miracle. Enjoy, and Happy Cruising!

Ship Overall: East to navigate, showing her age, needs dry dock to make minor preventive maintenance, fix balcony doors, replace carpet, etc.

Crew: Helpful and accommodating. Very international. Some speak little English, but can converse at a very basic level.

Cabins: Spacious for a ship this size. TVs work well, balcony doors need work to close, we had new shower curtains (yay!), sprayers work well. Our sink was chipped in a few places. Carpet was wet and had an odor.

Food: Not as “upscale” as other lines, but good quality and very good variety. Pleasantly surprised at the pizza and hot sandwich bar. MDR, decor is dark purple with a grape theme, like you accidentally fell into a bottle of wine and can’t get out.

Bars: Most bars serve good drinks at around $8 - $10, but their Alchemy Bar is probably the best on any line for premium handcrafted drinks. Too bad the Alchemy is loud and with live music, it’s even louder, which means it’s hard to socialize. Bar servers friendly - find Kathy in the Serenity and Comedy Club, she will take care of you!

Pools: Two small main pools mid-ship, and a small adult only pool aft. Very crowded on sea days. I like how deck staff are patrolling for chair hogs - a pet peeve of mine. Good for Carnival!

Entertainment: Production shows are campy - talented kids made to sing and dance to pre-recorded cheese. Big draw is the comedy club, 2 - 3 shows a night and always crowded. Several live musicians aboard of varying quality, very subjective but available.

Hope this helps - happy cruising.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Happen to have a fun times. Specifically wondering what activities are going on while Miracle is in Belize. It's our 4th time there and my daughter doesn't want to go Cave tubing again, my granddaughter is afraid to, so I was trying to see what they could do on the ship.

Happen to have a fun times. Specifically wondering what activities are going on while Miracle is in Belize. It's our 4th time there and my daughter doesn't want to go Cave tubing again, my granddaughter is afraid to, so I was trying to see what they could do on the ship.

They'll have trivia and games at the Fountainhead across from the coffee bar, also right in that same area is the Joker's card room, and they have 2 cabinets full of board games, DH and I got milkshakes and played a couple games of battleship after coming back from spending a couple hours in Cozumel. My MIL stayed on the ship while the rest of us went to the ruins, and she enjoyed hanging out on an uncrowded Lido deck.

They'll have trivia and games at the Fountainhead across from the coffee bar, also right in that same area is the Joker's card room, and they have 2 cabinets full of board games, DH and I got milkshakes and played a couple games of battleship after coming back from spending a couple hours in Cozumel. My MIL stayed on the ship while the rest of us went to the ruins, and she enjoyed hanging out on an uncrowded Lido deck.

This is good advice - if I do Belize again, I’ll stay on the ship. Tender ride is long and ride to other activities is always 1 hour.

This is good advice - if I do Belize again, I’ll stay on the ship. Tender ride is long and ride to other activities is always 1 hour.

Same here, it was a great experience to see the Mayan ruins and see a bit of the country, but once is enough.

To the OP

“Carpet was wet and had an odor.”

Did you bring this to anyone’s attention - steward, head of housekeeping or anyone at the passengers’ service desk ?

Seems unacceptable to me.

I guess I probably should have. I’ll mention it on my survey. They used that powder that supposedly masks the carpet odors, but it just smelled liked ocean fresh scented smelly carpet.

I guess I probably should have. I’ll mention it on my survey. They used that powder that supposedly masks the carpet odors, but it just smelled liked ocean fresh scented smelly carpet.

i've had a leaking AC unit and non-draining shower and other problems (some major-some just annoying). i don't always say anything right away depending on how big of a problem it is and how much i figure an inconvience it would be to fix it. the leaking AC-called immediately and had someone within 30 min to fix it and replace our bed lines (because they were soaked). i'm not sleeping in a bed that is wet from the AC condensation. but i understand sometimes mentioning it at the end or in a survey. because what i think is a minor annoyance might be a big deal to others.

i understand wear and tear. and even some outdated decor. sure, cool new decor makes for great photos, but so does dated decor with my husband in it.

but like everything-people place different weights on different things. some people care about chocolates on their pillows at night or fast bar service (& yes i am someone who usually buys the drink package and this matters to me).

no ship or cruise is perfect to you unless you have enough money to pay for anything and everything you could possibly want and even then i imagine that you could find something (like traffic to the port) you dislike.

I will be crusing on the Miracle in August and like to know the ship layout in advance as my directionally challenged spouse often needs help getting acclimated. What deck and where (mid? forward?) do the tenders pick you up? Thanks!

I recently sailed on the Miracle. One great thing about taking a tender from the Miracle was the fact that the elevators went directly to the tender deck which was "A". I have been on many ships where you have to walk down a flight of stairs - that is a pain! There was a straight "walk" gangway to the tender but once on the tender there were 2 steps down. Be very careful when returning to the ship. The gangway rises and falls with the waves.

I will be crusing on the Miracle in August and like to know the ship layout in advance as my directionally challenged spouse often needs help getting acclimated. What deck and where (mid? forward?) do the tenders pick you up? Thanks!

If you are in a tendering port (like Belize or Grand Cayman), you’ll go down to A Deck, which is one below Deck 1. This site, and the Carnival site, has all the deck plans.

• 3 weeks later...