The Jade Cabin 8594 Obstructed View????

karinad

Did anyone here have this cabin? We always booked balconies so this will be our first cabin with just a window and not to mention an obstructed view! I'm freaking out a little! We did an upgrade with points from inside to obstructed view. I'm scared that we won't be able to see a thing! The cruise is to the British Isles on Sept 17th for 12 days. I can't say that we're always out on the balcony, but, it sure is nice to have! I kind of like the central location of the cabin and the cruise is very port intensive. What we do enjoy about a balcony is sailing away from the ports and coming into them if we're awake.

Thanks for any insight you could give me about it.

Check out this thread that I started earlier this year, about obstructed OV no. 8088 on the Jade, lots of photos there. :)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2596780

Edit: The view was actually VERY obstructed (I was prepared for that actually, after looking at the deck plans before sailing) - but it was much more floorspace in the cabin, and that was the reason why I did the upgrade myself form a standard inside cabin - not because of the view...

Check out this thread that I started earlier this year, about obstructed OV no. 8088 on the Jade, lots of photos there. :)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2596780

Edit: The view was actually VERY obstructed (I was prepared for that actually, after looking at the deck plans before sailing) - but it was much more floorspace in the cabin, and that was the reason why I did the upgrade myself form a standard inside cabin - not because of the view...

Thank you! I will take a look at it! I did a google for the cabin and nothing came up!

We have stayed in 8094 on Jade - that is the other side - and we have booked 8094 on the Jewel for our upcoming Nov 2018 cruise. Also we have stayed in an OK cabin on the POA.

Bottom line, we did an Inside once and DH says never again, and we now like to cruise more often so when a cruise is a port intensive one we opt to go for an OK cabin in a great location.

Doesn't matter how obstructed, we love being in them. We can see the sea, land and sky and are able to see what the weather is like.

The OK cabins are the lowest priced oceanview.

We have stayed in 8094 on Jade - that is the other side - and we have booked 8094 on the Jewel for our upcoming Nov 2018 cruise. Also we have stayed in an OK cabin on the POA.

Bottom line, we did an Inside once and DH says never again, and we now like to cruise more often so when a cruise is a port intensive one we opt to go for an OK cabin in a great location.

Doesn't matter how obstructed, we love being in them. We can see the sea, land and sky and are able to see what the weather is like.

That's good to hear! How obstructed is it when you look out the window? Can you see anything or just the life boat?

Here is a link to a youtube video clip showing cabin 8594 on the Pearl. Should be the same since both the Pearl and Jade are Jewel Class ships. Looks like a decent cabin.

Thank you so much for the link! I'm going right to it!

That's good to hear! How obstructed is it when you look out the window? Can you see anything or just the life boat?

As I said in my post … okay we see the lifeboats but we are able to see the sea, land and sky and be able to see what the weather is like.

The video in the post by vince_g helps.

You can go down one staircase to the promenade to see out.

As I said in my post … okay we see the lifeboats but we are able to see the sea, land and sky and be able to see what the weather is like.

The video in the post by vince_g helps.

You can go down one staircase to the promenade to see out.

I guess what I meant to ask is, is the whole life boat covering your whole window or is it just obstructing your view below? Sorry, I don't mean to be confusing. My dh is spoiled with the balcony and the rates for them were way out of our budget!

I guess what I meant to ask is, is the whole life boat covering your whole window or is it just obstructing your view below? Sorry, I don't mean to be confusing. My dh is spoiled with the balcony and the rates for them were way out of our budget!

This si a photo of the "view" from one of the windows in cabin #8088 on the Jade, we had two windows like this. You just have to look at the deck plans for the Jade, and figure out if your cabin is placed exactly behind the life boats or maybe partly between two of them...

bpnxivDu6x2Mie7aQPkJDlBvxtZCdiU_EUlFfQReGQ3kVUKY2GpMN4dGWtgiHOGuJXGTrj70Ld1o4KLifOAtzbUm0SUn1jC3iR_uaYwR7A6w5WovPcTR4glpfTw4keS3RhwA7iBXnYm-RFkcH7igKYSDUa-hPGa-LqUJkv4StnE6IAk-OlkhqJtHC0r5IDJecBX5F61zNpTltJvm5UNKI8TfiI271cw3aytBZRgnVdwa8KnQsMJmJuYOqWGrzr7Ugt8t5cWITi9jo1Sd_GBIIhNVSmODjizj8zfO_7D-UOozux1BNJRr5ulqh3Jsuk4iARYN_b_6QUvvICuuuaQd-HKPsEBv4_ScqUoqOouHTLBzPhxrSDhAXQej_YRoAxgPUF66Kw179vieKlsn--dCzuQ_ebqghxpZJwc8SgDMJE0PUcLCnYbcsVqzGU6m-hCXJXMchihgCtNULkcUosO7h8-WzZBrRRuqOh7FP7bV4KDzBpik-P9XBFyh62MuDUNiG22nDT6Grz7fdIexqX1CPrD6pfxwRpyao_YTJzM9Pdft5ObOQUiMAJ0xp5k8vedAwWT0tkG9RrcosHOq87TL5IDfT0bHaBY3_tMUb2o=w711-h947-no

The youtube video posted by Vince_g of NCL Pearl 8594 gives you an excellent idea of what you'll see out your window since the Pearl and Jade are sister ships. It doesn't compare to view from a balcony but I think the view is better than many of the obstructed oceanview staterooms because a lot of the obstruction is the equipment that holds the lifeboat rather than lifeboat itself. At least you can see down to the water and whatever is on the horizon.

8594 is one of the sideways obstructed staterooms. We like this set up because stateroom feels less crowded.

Location is great, very short distance to O'Sheehan's and just out the door and down the stairs (or elevator) to the promenade deck with shops, internet/art gallery, atrium etc. We've never stayed in less than a balcony but would have no hesitation in booking one of these staterooms.

The youtube video posted by Vince_g of NCL Pearl 8594 gives you an excellent idea of what you'll see out your window since the Pearl and Jade are sister ships. It doesn't compare to view from a balcony but I think the view is better than many of the obstructed oceanview staterooms because a lot of the obstruction is the equipment that holds the lifeboat rather than lifeboat itself. At least you can see down to the water and whatever is on the horizon.

8594 is one of the sideways obstructed staterooms. We like this set up because stateroom feels less crowded.

Location is great, very short distance to O'Sheehan's and just out the door and down the stairs (or elevator) to the promenade deck with shops, internet/art gallery, atrium etc. We've never stayed in less than a balcony but would have no hesitation in booking one of these staterooms.

That doesn't sound bad at all! I do like the way the cabin is set up. It looks more roomy then regular OV cabins. Even the balcony cabins look less roomy. I do love the location, especially for this cruise where it isn't focused on a lot of deck time. Thank you for your reply!

Oh, good! Some pictures might help. How did you find the cabin and obstruction? To much???

4f529db9f33fe068420293e3ff905c72.jpgd0a4c0a7b31eb52a7cb76c5c1d23ecff.jpg5cc27279341483a794c5b157ef58bbbe.jpg

These are the 3 images I took a month ago while on the Jewel. We had ample light coming in and could see the water. We chose this cabin because of its location just outside of O’Sheehans - perfectly midship.

Here’s a photo of the interior, this picture was taken by the door. Again, cabin 8592 on Jewel.

8f2bbb2a223f9d1e96d1217bd36fe382.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

THANK YOU, Alaina, for the great pictures! I have to remember to take ones like this when I'm onboard to help others. This cabin is a great set-up and like you, I do love the location! I do love walking around the ship, but with being so close to things it'll make it easier. It is a little foolish to worry about having a balcony just for sailing away from each port. With 10 days out of 12 in port it shouldn't be to bad. I think we were in 8042 on the Jade last yr and that was convenient to the theater. What I can't remember is if the elevators where we're at goes right up to the top or does it change?

Thanks again for going through the trouble to post!

Happy to help! The room was comfy, we just couldn’t swing the price of a balcony cabin for the 9 nighter to Alaska. We loved this location, so I think you’ll be very happy! It was also very, very quiet. Little to no traffic.

Happy to help! The room was comfy, we just couldn’t swing the price of a balcony cabin for the 9 nighter to Alaska. We loved this location, so I think you’ll be very happy! It was also very, very quiet. Little to no traffic.

Great to know. We are on a 14 day Italy/Greece and same for us. The difference in the price will take care of a few shore excursions for sure.. I was afraid it would creep me out, looking out at the lifeboats, but you have eased my mind. Thank you again.