Anyone Been on a 10+ Night Cruise?

Lerin

We've been on several cruises of varying length, the longest being almost 3 weeks.

However, our longest Carnival cruise was 8 days. We're eyeing an itinerary that is 10 days during the regular school year and wondering what a longer Carnival cruise is like?

I imagine the passengers are older, but what about activities? Dance club, games, contests, comedy, kids camp? Is that all the same or will I notice significant changes there since the clientele is different from a standard 7 day?

Curious about any personal experiences. Thanks

We did a 10 & 11 day B2B on the Dream in 2016. We departed New Orleans, 10 days to San Juan, 11 days San Juan back to New Orleans. They had some theme parties, white nights and an 80's night. They did a Gala Midnight buffet on the 11 day and you could not get near it. We were worried about 21 days but after the first 10 days, we were ready to go. There was hardly any kids, which is fine by us.

We've been on a bunch of 8-12 day on Carnival. Can't comment on the kids camps. Some were port intense cruises so not so sure about daytime activities. I don't believe the 3 main shows repeated but certain food items did. It wasn't too different than a 10-14 day on HAL. If its a journey cruise, I've heard very good things about them. Many comment they bring back things they cutback on that kind of cruise. Older crowd. More days the better!

In April, 2012, my wife and I did the 15-day sailing of the Carnival Spirit to Hawaii out of San Diego. It was, by far, the best cruise that we've ever taken! We had 4 days at sea, sailed around the islands of Hawaii, Oahu, Maui, Kauai then the 4 days at sea on the return. You would think that 4 days at sea would become boring, but we truly enjoyed it. In fact, we could have stayed onboard for another 4 days!

Never once did we have any "boring" time on this ship. There was always something to do to keep us occupied and happy. I don't recall anything that was repeated during the entire cruise. The menus were different every day as were the shows. We met so many new friends that we still stay in contact with to this day. We saw so many things, including whale watching in Maui, renewing our wedding vows on a beach on Oahu and so much more.

For us, the longer the cruise, the better!

I did the 12-day Vista repo / Journeys cruise with my kids. It did fall over Thanksgiving, so the timing was a little different than most others. While the overall age range definitely skewed older, there were still plenty of kids on board. The only thing that really was different for me was having to do laundry during the cruise, otherwise everything else seemed about the same.

Average age on a ship is directly proportional to cruise length.

Number of children on a ship is inversely proportional to cruise length.

Maturity of guests on a ship is directly proportional to cruise length.

Rowdiness on a ship is inversely proportional to cruise length.

Roger that, longer is better.

My longest? 112 days, World Cruise 2017 on HAL.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sent from my iPad using Forums

LOL, I love HAL but I'd imagine a few people come back horizontal on that long a cruise. HAL normally has an added excursion not listed which can include an extra port stop. A few months ago we had three Bright Stars before the ship departed Vancouver on a 7 day.

In April, 2012, my wife and I did the 15-day sailing of the Carnival Spirit to Hawaii out of San Diego. It was, by far, the best cruise that we've ever taken! We had 4 days at sea, sailed around the islands of Hawaii, Oahu, Maui, Kauai then the 4 days at sea on the return. You would think that 4 days at sea would become boring, but we truly enjoyed it. In fact, we could have stayed onboard for another 4 days!

Never once did we have any "boring" time on this ship. There was always something to do to keep us occupied and happy. I don't recall anything that was repeated during the entire cruise. The menus were different every day as were the shows. We met so many new friends that we still stay in contact with to this day. We saw so many things, including whale watching in Maui, renewing our wedding vows on a beach on Oahu and so much more.

For us, the longer the cruise, the better!

We did this cruise on the Splendor out of Long Beach ....15 GLORIOUS days. OP...I do not know what your classification of "older crowd" means. There were only a total of 19 children on this cruise. I would say the average age was between 40 and 50. Very few walkers and wheel chairs. We were not bored for one second. Loved everything about it.

We did a 10 & 11 day B2B on the Dream in 2016. We departed New Orleans, 10 days to San Juan, 11 days San Juan back to New Orleans. They had some theme parties, white nights and an 80's night. They did a Gala Midnight buffet on the 11 day and you could not get near it. We were worried about 21 days but after the first 10 days, we were ready to go. There was hardly any kids, which is fine by us.

Same basic things on a 15 day Hawaii cruise a few months ago. Other things I noticed was that the entertainment was much more varied. They had an illusionist, a juggler, a hypnotist, and a magician as well as the usual Playlist and (unfortunately) game shows.

A LOT more Plats, Diamonds, plus other s such as FTTF people. The GS line was often shorter for the regular folks.

We were on same cruise. The first two Journey's cruises. It was excellent. Ready to do another 21-days!!

Look around you on the longer cruses, and you will conclude that anyone who still has hair, and it is not gray or white is coloring it. Activities will be the same, but all of the trivia, etc. will be the same as on shorter cruises. The CD or entertainment dept. makes no attempt to tailor content to older demographic. EM

I have done a 15 day to Hawaii, and I am scheduled on a 10 day Mediterranean and a 14 day Journey cruise to the Panama Canal . The more days the better!

I personally didn’t really notice any difference between activities. There was only 10 kids on board was the main difference. The average age was in their 50s, but man they could party!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Activities will be the same, but all of the trivia, etc. will be the same as on shorter cruises. The CD or entertainment dept. makes no attempt to tailor content to older demographic. EM

Maybe because the older demographic does not care so much for the activities.

Napping, THAT is an activity for me!

Thanks for the replies, we do enjoy longer cruises but since having kids have kept them to only a week.

I think we'll go for it, sounds like it will be exactly what we've missed about cruising. I called Carnival and they said the camp would still be open so the kids can still do their fun there.

112 days on HAL.....How was the number of wheelchairs on board proportional to the length of 112 days? And was early dining at 4:00 and late dining at 6:00? :confused: