Uber and Lyft pickup at Port Everglades Ft Lauderdale

We have a May cruise on Allure. Are Uber and Lyft currently picking up from Port Everglades? I saw some info on internet where there have been times they were not being allowed to do so. If so, is there a particular area where you meet them. We will need to catch a ride to MIA.:confused:

I have a question too about Uber/Lyft. We are staying at Homewood Suites (Dania Beach/Ft. Lauderdale). Instead of dealing with the Hotel van service, has anyone used Uber/Lyft services for a ride to the port? About how much for 4 people and luggage?

Thanks.

I have a question too about Uber/Lyft. We are staying at Homewood Suites (Dania Beach/Ft. Lauderdale). Instead of dealing with the Hotel van service, has anyone used Uber/Lyft services for a ride to the port? About how much for 4 people and luggage?

Thanks.

Use this for an Uber estimate: https://www.uber.com/fare-estimate/

Just an FYI, as many who have sailed out of Fll already know.

Traffic waiting to get passengers leaving the terminal have experienced large crowds and we have seen many looking and waiting for long lines of cars to get their ride, whether Uber or personal pre arranged transportation.

Whether it be a hotel van, or private car, you then take your luggage to that waiting area.Then merge into traffic in your car to leave the port. area.

We have always just walked to the cab line and are directed to the first cab available in that line and off to the airport.

Close to the exit doors ---then a straight shot out directed by security.

Yea we probably pay a little more for the cab, but the time is drastically reduced.

Be safe.

Thanks.

We used Uber from Hollywood beach to the port last year. It was $28 for 4 people. Quick and easy, I would do it again. We did not use Uber from the port to the airport on debarkation. Like a previous post, we heard stories of Uber having trouble picking up people at the port. Unlike taxis, they have to wait outside the port, they are not lined up outside the terminal like taxies.

This is from our experience August 2017. Things may have changed since.

Getting Uber to the port was easy. Uber from port to MIA was also very easy.

We got a porter to take us to the designated pickup point for Uber at the port. Was worth the $10 tip.

Thanks.

For 4 plus bags, especially if anyone in your group packs like my wife :o, you'll need UBERXL (usually a minivan or large SUV)

Still confused about how far away this designated Uber pick area is from the debarkation part of pier? Walking distance is an issue. Will debark with wheelchair as scooter rental will be left in room. Also, so if more than 4 bags between 2 of us no matter size will need UberXL?

We will have 2 carry on size suitcases that are just medical luggage as well as regular luggage. Traveling was easier when younger.

Still confused about how far away this designated Uber pick area is from the debarkation part of pier? Walking distance is an issue. Will debark with wheelchair as scooter rental will be left in room. Also, so if more than 4 bags between 2 of us no matter size will need UberXL?

We will have 2 carry on size suitcases that are just medical luggage as well as regular luggage. Traveling was easier when younger.

Like I said above. It's literally 20 feet outside the doors you exit from Customs.

The Uber/Lyft driver picks you up right out front. Never had an issue. I usually price out both at breakfast and choose the cheapest. I try to use Lyft if its close as the driver gets a bigger percentage of the fare than an Uber driver.

FYI....a XL must have at least 7 seat belts per uber/lyft contract with driver.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk