Snorkel or Whale Watch in Cabo?, February

PrincessGirl

Any recommendations on which activity would be better? We are taking our 3 and 5 year old kids. We are in port from 1pm Monday to 12pm Tuesday, so we have an afternoon and a morning.

Any recommendations for private snorkel tours in Cabo and are there areas with VERY calm water?

Any recommendations for private whale watching tours in Cabo? How is whale activity in February.

Thank you in advance!

If you are looking for a private tour we when on this sailing and whale watching your https://cabosanlucascruiseexcursions.com/excursions/private-whale-watching-and-coastal-sailing-charter/ . We took our kids and they had a blast. We did stop in a bay for our lunch and had time to snorkel as well if we wanted . It’s private so you can decide .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much for your feedback! Any recommendations for private tours? The ones organized through Princess have age requirements that our children don't meet.

I totally agree with the recommendations to whale watch in February; you'll be right in the midst of the whale migration/calving season. We were in Cabo last February, and had a fantastic morning with Whale Watch Cabo. They are very well run, their panga boats are small and maneuverable, and have a cover, which was welcome in the sun. I just checked their web site, and it says kids under six are free.

https://whalewatchcabo.com/

We lucked out and got to follow a mama humpback running with her three-week old calf. Mama was teaching baby how to breach. It was amazing to watch this. Baby was able to muster a small flip, then Mama showed the little whale how it's done.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

(photos by turtles06)

We have used Whale Watch Cabo a few times and really liked it. I don't think Caosanlucasexcursions has their own boats - they are just a booking company.

Yes the water will be very cold for snorkeling in February. All snorkeling is on the Sea of Cortez side, not the Pacific.

The Whale watching boats may take you on the Pacific side, which can be very rough. If you take a Zodiac, it can be really rough and hard bounces if you have a bad back. (not sure if kids are allowed on the Zodiacs)

I totally agree with the recommendations to whale watch in February; you'll be right in the midst of the whale migration/calving season. We were in Cabo last February, and had a fantastic morning with Whale Watch Cabo. They are very well run, their panga boats are small and maneuverable, and have a cover, which was welcome in the sun. I just checked their web site, and it says kids under six are free.

https://whalewatchcabo.com/

We lucked out and got to follow a mama humpback running with her three-week old calf. Mama was teaching baby how to breach. It was amazing to watch this. Baby was able to muster a small flip, then Mama showed the little whale how it's done.

Did you go by Zodiac? Did you actually use a zoom lens or were you that close? Beautiful photos and I would LOVE to get that close. Some of the zodiac photos ive seen online show the boats practically right next to them. Thank you!

For those asking about how close the boats get for whale watching. We have done whale watching in Vancouver, Maui, Australia and Alaska. The boats try to stay a certain required distance away but keep in mind the whales are moving and often at high speed. Each time we have been whale watching, the whales have ended up being right beside our boats or even swimming under them, so we have had the opportunity to see them very close without any zoom. Amazing creatures!