Personal Crave Right Now: Princess Breakfast sandwiches! ANYONE ELSE?

lambs2

I am dreaming of sitting on our balcony having one of those Princess breakfast sandwiches (very much like a McD Egg McMuffin) with my coffee RIGHT NOW!! (Discovered them on our last Princess sailing on the Crown in Oct/Nov.). So quick and DELICIOUS!!! Especially right before heading off the ship for an excursion when there is no time for a proper dining room breakfast! :ship:<3Anyone else love them?

Where do you get them from? Room service?

YES! Room service or the International Cafe only. (At least on the Crown. Only discovered them this past cruise and we are Elites, so must be fairly new.) That was why I started this thread ecause as they were so convenient and tasty on our last sailing!

Sorry I misspelled Princess in the header. I was so focused on checking the body of the thread that I totally missed that I misspelled it and no way to correct it now!

They have been around for a number of years.

Really? In the past we have rarely ordered room service on cruises and only got almond croissants from the IC in th morning, so guess that is why I missed seeing them! Won't make that mistake on our coming 25 day sailing!!! ;)

They have been at the IC since at least 2012 as I had one on Grand Princess that December.

May not have been added to room service hangtag at that point but no too long after.

Hopefully the room service kitchen does a better job than the IC on Grand did, as the sandwich was hard and dry as a bone. And the IC has nothing to spread on it; at least from room service you can get butter/jelly/cream cheese etc.

They have been at the IC since at least 2012 as I had one on Grand Princess that December.

May not have been added to room service hangtag at that point but no too long after.

Hopefully the room service kitchen does a better job than the IC on Grand did, as the sandwich was hard and dry as a bone. And the IC has nothing to spread on it; at least from room service you can get butter/jelly/cream cheese etc.

I do think they were available from room service then also. Or at least I added it and got it. I thought they were dry no matter where I got them.

The Crown made GREAT ones, in my opinion, both in the IC and from room service. They all seemed very freshly made and I never add anything to them anyway - )trying to watch total fat content and calories.)

YES! Room service or the International Cafe only. (At least on the Crown. Only discovered them this past cruise and we are Elites, so must be fairly new.) That was why I started this thread ecause as they were so convenient and tasty on our last sailing!

Sorry I misspelled Princess in the header. I was so focused on checking the body of the thread that I totally missed that I misspelled it and no way to correct it now!

Happy to make the correction if you want!

If ever you want something deleted or edited in your post or thread title after the fact and it's past the time when you can do it, simply hit the blue triangle but and put your reason for "reporting" it. An email goes to CC staff as well as the various hosts of the boards and it can be done. I have done this myself in the past and it was always quickly taken care of.

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

You can order them from the menu hanger that's in your room, we fill it out every evening and hang it on the door before we go to bed. Has many selections and we always add a few things and request the same time every morning, nothing like a quick b fast in your room so you don't have to put up with crowd upstairs.

Really? In the past we have rarely ordered room service on cruises and only got almond croissants from the IC in th morning, so guess that is why I missed seeing them! Won't make that mistake on our coming 25 day sailing!!! ;)

Those sandwiches are the best for a quick breakfast, as was previously stated, before a early excursion. They are heated up using two panini typed sandwich grills on the right end of the IC (if you are facing the IC). I have to unfortunately wait till November to enjoy them:(.

Have a great Cruise.....:):):)

Bob

That's not Canadian bacon. It's a type of ham.

Canadian bacon aka back bacon is coated with cornmeal and salt cured.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

It's what we call Canadian bacon down here in the US. It's cured, smoked and fully cooked back bacon.

Had no idea that you coated the back bacon with cornmeal up there!

That's not Canadian bacon. It's a type of ham.

Canadian bacon aka back bacon is coated with cornmeal and salt cured.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Hmmm. In the US, at restaurants and in grocery stores, what is on the Princess Breakfast sandwich is what we yanks call Canadian Bacon. (Sorry, but I LIKE it, whatever it's called!) LOL:halo: