Question about concierge on Zuiderdam

ConnCruise

We’re on the Z for the November 5 cruise and have just upgraded to a Signature Suite. Understand most of the benefits of this upgrade but was curious about the Concierge service offered with the suite.

We’ve never used this on HA but I think we have had this service on either NCL and/or Celebrity and had a less than optimum impression. (For example no one ever answered the Concierge line)

So any info/impressions/opinions would be appreciated.

We’re on the Z for the November 5 cruise and have just upgraded to a Signature Suite. Understand most of the benefits of this upgrade but was curious about the Concierge service offered with the suite.

We’ve never used this on HA but I think we have had this service on either NCL and/or Celebrity and had a less than optimum impression. (For example no one ever answered the Concierge line)

Only Pinnacle and Neptune suites on HAL ships have full concierge service. There is telephone concierge service for some other suites.

It IS telephone concierge as you said.

The line is answered but it is not necessarily the concierge in the Neptune Lounge - often the Front Desk staff.

It IS telephone concierge as you said.

The line is answered but it is not necessarily the concierge in the Neptune Lounge - often the Front Desk staff.

All concierges on HAL ships are from front office. The Neptne Lounge concierges rotate in from front office.

In my experience there are no benefits attached to this service that are not available to all passengers regardless of their cabins. You get the same attention that an inside cabin occupant gets.

Yes, we understand that it is telephone based concierge service, but what are the benifits of this feature?

Your original post was very clear that the Neptune Suites have nothing to do with your question. No need to bring that up.

Your telephone concierge can help arrange things to eat, drinks, and extra glassware for gatherings in your suite. Clean-up, too! :D I have done that, and it worked nicely.

You can call to have them make reservations/appointments for such things as alternate dining, salon & spa, the kinds of things a telephone call can accomplish. Personally, I just as soon make my own appointments, as that way I can consult about a second choice, if the first isn't available.

There are probably other things they can do, too, but I never had a need so didn't try.

Your original post was very clear that the Neptune Suites have nothing to do with your question. No need to bring that up.

If it please, the court, I was responding to Kazu's comment about the conc erirge maybe being front offic.e , He or she is front office. they all are.

Your telephone concierge can help arrange things to eat, drinks, and extra glassware for gatherings in your suite. Clean-up, too! :D I have done that, and it worked nicely.

You can call to have them make reservations/appointments for such things as alternate dining, salon & spa, the kinds of things a telephone call can accomplish. Personally, I just as soon make my own appointments, as that way I can consult about a second choice, if the first isn't available.

There are probably other things they can do, too, but I never had a need so didn't try.