Cruise director Willie Aames

Cruiser Jane

We just returned from the South Pacific cruise and had Willie Aames as our CD. I had my reserves about him, but loved him! He did everything he could to make our cruise more memorable. He was great to our Cruise Critics. This cruise was very difficult to get to so half of the ship didn't arrive till 10pm. We stayed in a hotel in Papeete so we were there at 11am. I found the Concierge, Diago, and told him I was arranging some CC group get togethers. He was a tremendous help -"let me call Willie to come meet you". Willis was so accommodating. I told him I had arranged with the group to meet for dinner the second night in the MDR. I also told the DR Mgr. of our plan. He was no help. I invited Willie to join us and he did! He even bought several bottles of wine for all of us to share! He sat next to me and I had an opportunity to get to know him. He is a remarkable guy and appears to be making a strong comeback. He typed up my invitation for our M&G which I decided to have on the 4th day (first sea day) in the evening. He suggested since nothing was going on in the Regatta lounge that we could have it there. He couldn't show up but the GM, Rafael Cinque joined us. I was offered a mic and asked each couple to come up and introduce themselves. The GM talked first! We really got to know each other better. This was the best CC Meet and Greet we've ever had because there were no interruptions - we had the whole lounge to ourselves.

Willis also put in some extra shows which were great! He asked the entertainers if they would be willing to do an extra event. He let them sing anything they wanted to so they were able to sing their best songs which they enjoyed doing. Willie also sings very well and sang for us! He really is quite the actor and entertainer! He also arranged for an afternoon show which was a repeat of the best show the entertainers did. We enjoyed it the second time as well. He is a very smart CD and works his job hard. He was everywhere on the ship. I also ran into our General Manager and Captain Brajcic (whom I love) several times on board.

If you have Willie, do attend some of the extra shows! They will change your mind about onboard entertainment on Oceania. And be sure to introduce yourself and let him know you are a CC member!

Cheers,

Jan

enjoyed meeting and getting to know Willie on our spring TA in '10..he had just come on board as a member of the activity staff..he was fun, friendly and was a great master of ceremonies at Trivia. LuAnn

You will enjoy your cruise with Cruise Director Willie Ames. He is genuine, adapts to difficult situations such as weather and port changes as a good cruise director should do, and above all he is very personable. He is very mature in his thought process, and although he has a great sense of humor, it is not superficial or put down. The Cruise Director position is a great match for his educational background and experience in entertainment. Our cruise for 18 days, Papeete to Auckland was great.

You will enjoy Willie Ames on your cruise!

We met Willie as a cruise-director-in-training on Regatta. What ship is he now on? We are on the Insignia in two weeks....any chance?

It should tell you in your cruise booklet who the CD is for your cruise

Close friends of ours cruised on Oceania when Willie was new (or very new) in his position as an Oceania CD. They had a number of negative reservations on how he performed in his CD leadership and connection with passengers. Of course, we were disappointed that he was assigned to our B2B Regatta - Miami-LA-Papeete (37 days). This led to preconcived opnions of what we would experience versus the relations we enjoyed with a number of other Oceania CD's. We left for our trip with an open mind and by the end of the first week, we wondered why we had any doubts. Willie had truly enhanced our cruise and certainly look forward to meeting him again.

At this time, we would also like to add high praise for the service we receive from the concierge, Diego.

- Don & Grace

We also met Willie on the Regatta with Mringenoldus If I remember correctly. I see your upcoming agenda and wish it was ours. Enjoy!!

Hi, macor!!

We are very excited about the upcoming cruise....we are rejoining Burm and fluffies from the Regarra trip and another Princess cruising friend. When we disembark, my son, DIL and brand new grandson will be in Barcelona waiting for us :)

Hope you are doing well!

I am thrilled to see all the positive comments about Willie, which shows he must have made some personal changes due to many of our previous negative comments. That is admirable for him and speaks well of his interest and efforts to meet the needs of those for whom he works.

With all these great comments, I look forward to sailing with him again, then. I am just sad that because of his prior service that there were some new O cruisers who decided to not sail w/O again and went back to their original lines. Maybe they will read this and give O a try again.

So who is supposed to be on the Regatta right now?

According to Oceania, it's Willie. Maybe somebody aboard Regatta at the moment could verify.

According to the documents I just got for our May 3rd cruise it says the CD will be Nolan Jenkins.

am hoping he got promoted and will be on one of the new ships (maybe). He never was "down" and he was always at the dock or where you left the ship for tours. He did wonderful trivia. He is fabulous and I hope someone knows where he is going. Just incidentally he came from where I live! Didn't know him prior though. Please post if he turn up somewhere.

We thoroughly enjoyed Willie on our Antarctica cruise January 2011. Prior to the cruise I did not know who he was--wrong age demographic and I never watched those TV shows. Willie was a terrific CD! We wish you well, Willie! Keep on keepin' on!!

Jim & Rian

According to the documents I just got for our May 3rd cruise it says the CD will be Nolan Jenkins.

Just spoke to a friend on Regatta & Nolan Jenkins embarked in Sydney so is currently on Regatta.:)

Edited by rhohea

We thoroughly enjoyed Willie on our Antarctica cruise January 2011. Prior to the cruise I did not know who he was--wrong age demographic and I never watched those TV shows. Willie was a terrific CD! We wish you well, Willie! Keep on keepin' on!!

Jim & Rian

According to a post on Regent, Willie is on the Regent Seven Seas Voyager (as of to-day)

Cheers CANDYAPPLE