Which side - port or starboard

nikel

The cruise you describe sails more or less north. The sun rises in the east (starboard side) and sets in the west (port side). The amount of sun should be more or less the same on each side of the ship. It really depends if you want the morning or evening sun. YMMV.

The cruise you describe sails more or less north. The sun rises in the east (starboard side) and sets in the west (port side). The amount of sun should be more or less the same on each side of the ship. It really depends if you want the morning or evening sun. YMMV.

Thnx. So since my cabin right now is Starboard I guess I will have the sun in the morning when it's not too hot yet. My cabin is with the angle large balcony so I can move back if it gets too much. My question wasn't so much for the sun but if there was anything to see while sailing.

Thnx. So since my cabin right now is Starboard I guess I will have the sun in the morning when it's not too hot yet. My cabin is with the angle large balcony so I can move back if it gets too much. My question wasn't so much for the sun but if there was anything to see while sailing.

We are sailing with you on this cruise and chose a starboard cabin so as to see the coastline as we cruise toward San Diego. We should get some nice photos as the sun rises over the Andes in the distance.

When we booked in December, it seemed that the portside had much more availability than starboard, likely because of the views from that side.

We are sailing with you on this cruise and chose a starboard cabin so as to see the coastline as we cruise toward San Diego. We should get some nice photos as the sun rises over the Andes in the distance.

When we booked in December, it seemed that the portside had much more availability than starboard, likely because of the views from that side.

Good...I will stay put, unless the upgrade fairy puts me in a suite, then I will go anywhere LOL :D

We are on the same cruise. We selected a balcony cabin on the port side so that we could have afternoon sun, which might be too warm, but also can watch the sunset over the Pacific.

We love watching the sunset, but are usually at happy hour at that time so will watch it from the sunset bar.

My experience is that I would place more emphasis on being close to the mid ship because you feel the seas less.

Port side as mentioned would allow for afternoon sun. For some that is good. For others they feel it will make their room feel too hot.

Keith