Oasis LIVE 12/3-12/10 with stops in San Juan and St Thomas

Day 3 at sea! After a pretty rough night that included rough seas and the wind screaming through our balcony door and waking us up, and rain hitting our balcony so hard at 6am that it woke me up as well, it turned into a nice day. It was suuuper windy and overcast in the morning. I hit up the Wipe Out cafe for an omelette for breakfast (it was excellent), and then went and watched one of our friends zip lining.

6a1bdd98ddb3e2ea5188194b9c55dfdb.jpg

I noticed that the sun started peaking through, so the hubby and I changed into swimsuits and headed to the still mostly empty pool area. The pools were roped off because the wind and movement of the ship were making them into wave pools. We set up shop right by the pool, and enjoyed the sun for a little while.

dbd938f571e76987cd5b058aedd79a71.jpg

About 1:30, we noticed an ominous looking cloud, and decided it might be a good time to decamp and get lunch. We headed to the Solarium bistro and got our food just in time to watch the sky absolutely fall. It was a torrential downpour. Even the people in the more outdoor but covered Solarium bistro seating areas were having to move to avoid getting wet.

By the time we finished eating, the rain was over and we found lounge chairs again by the pool. It was windy, but sunny and nice. We started talking with a large group next to us and had a few adult beverages.

The clouds came back, and we headed in to our cabin to hang out on our balcony. We had ordered gin and rum from Royal Gifts and broke open the rum for sipping on the balcony. We watched the sunset and then headed in to get ready for dinner.

37f271f84c745bb72910ba4cd671e49e.jpg

Dinner was at Izumi, which was fantastic. I got lobster and shrimp, and it was possibly the best meal I’ve had on board. The staff were engaging, the food delicious, and it was just a great experience. I would highly recommend it. Unfortunately, I only grabbed video and can’t seem to post it here.

We went over and watched Woody play the piano in the Schooner bar, and then hopped over to the pub to watch Rob for a little while.

Now we’re turning in before a busy day tomorrow. St. Thomas is on the agenda tomorrow. We have a snorkeling tour booked, but with forecasted 20+ mph winds, we aren’t sure it will actually happen. Otherwise, we’ll take a cab over to Megan’s Bay and beach sit! Our Aqua show was rescheduled to 5:15, so hopefully we’ll be able to make it to that. Then dinner at 7:45, and the headliner show tomorrow as well. Jam slammed schedule. More later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A catch up post! We’ve had a jam packed two days.

Yesterday was a port stop in St Thomas. We had a 12:15 snorkeling excursion. I don’t normally book excursions through the ship, but because of the hurricane damage, I decided that might be the safest option. We got off the ship and walked around some of the shops at the pier. We chatted with some locals, who were all super happy to see the ships back and to be back to work. Everyone we chatted with didn’t have power at their homes yet. I bought some gifts and a ring for myself and felt happy to part with money to help out the local economy.

About 11, the sky fell. And fell. And fell. It was torrential rain to say the least. We thought our excursion might be cancelled because of the wind and rain. Nope. We traipsed around the pier in the pouring rain and boarded an already packed boat. The covered area didn’t hold enough seating for everyone, and without sitting in a waterfall of rain, there were about 35 people left to stand. I ended up sitting on a cooler because my equilibrium is too bad to stand on a moving boat, especially in choppy seas. The crew did their best, but it was an annoying and rough start to an excursion. “We’re going to get wet anyway” was their reasoning for running the excursion despite the weather, including lightening. Yeah, well, I wasn’t planning to submerge my entire bag with my phone and wallet in the water. [emoji15][emoji849] evverything was soaked.

ae5005c243812c18e4c734ffaeb71418.jpg

But, we decided to make the best of it. After 10 mins or so we moved out of the rain (though we were still seeing lightening a few miles away). We arrived at Buck Island, got our snorkel equipment on, and got in. We were told before we got in that the hurricane destroyed all the grasses that the turtles ate, so we might or might not see them. I was sad to see that most of the reef was dead. Someone else saw a sting ray, but other than a handful of fish, we didn’t see much of anything. It was a super pretty location though.

62aaadf66ab013282a43d2753fcb1346.jpg

Then we took off for an hour of beach time on Water Island. There were locals with a small beach grill with shockingly good food! The fish was amazing. It was a bit overcast, but the rain held off for the most part.

After we got back to the ship, we went directly to the Aqua Theater for our rescheduled Oasis of Dreams show. It was one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen on a ship.

dea847c1a0f1d7f7ed123aa68b6d2e08.jpg

00fcc4a438259fdefd9e468a43a150aa.jpg

So behind! So, back to our St Thomas day. After the aqua theater, we got ready for dinner in the main dining room. After eating, we went to the headliner show. This week, it was a rock and roll show by Private Stock. I was expecting lame, but they blew me away. I’m a huge music nerd/lover, and they were amazing. They seriously didn’t miss a note. I would have skipped something else to go back and watch them again. I enjoyed a Long Island while watching the show lol.

e63a03dfcc89a0ab3663e800726a4715.jpg

Moving on to San Juan. The next morning we docked bright and early in SJ....and we know it was bright and early because there was a band playing outside the ship that was ridiculously loud and woke us up. The downside to a balcony!

0b33b9e1ffdbd94bc19fdc031e635cb1.jpg

We walked around a bit, talked to some locals, and checked out the visible damage from the hurricane. Power was on, and I had no trouble getting cell service. The locals said the situation was much worse outside of OSJ. Then we did our part to consume all the alcohol on the island.

2ce66198418c0c28dab8125528dfa112.jpg

We were back on board at 1pm, and decided a nap was in order before dinner (also related to above beverages).

It was formal night, lobster night!! And yes we were able to order more than one lobster tail.

Then we went to the ice skating show Frozen in Time. Again, blown away. I love watching skating on the olympics, so I really enjoyed it. Super fun!

d200e556630b651c3305c60b89782b01.jpg

Then we went to Blaze to get our dance on, but didn’t last long lol. We’re getting old!

The next day was a port day in Labadee. It was a gorgeous day. We hopped on the ferry over to Columbus Cove, grabbed chairs, and settled in. The BBQ lunch was pretty good, and the extra boozy Labadoozies were even better.

62a83fc0ac0f9b0dcce28879938193c2.jpg8fdbe2226aa0475737cb30dd116df35a.jpg

054bc0d0d796f57c7f8843f4e57bce5b.jpg

That would be my hubby floating with the beer on his stomach [emoji23]

a75c49039923abedfa0fa350c34b513e.jpg

We hit up the MDR for dinner, ate our weight in tiger shrimp, and then went to see the aerial show, Come Fly with Me. The acrobatics and aerial artists were amazing. The singing was bordering on criminally awful. They butchered most of the songs. Yikes.

341cefb5e13dbbdcfc1aa43b8eada580.jpg

We went to the Solarium for the absolut party, but it wasn’t hopping, and we decided to turn in.

The last day of our cruise was a sea day. We played putt putt (challenging in wind and with the ship moving). We sat by the pool and had a few drinks of the day. Basically we were lazy lol. We had another awesome meal at Chops. I had the crispy goat cheese salad, crab cake, and a medium rare filet that was amazing. Like buttah! I finished my dinner with the key lime pie, which I also highly recommend.

64f048c01cc39841be36a9cf653d6de9.jpg

ab17cde446b0b39ea274e7c0d96defe2.jpg

4d828aed004b629a7ffad28f57c8e428.jpgff51971923885374704e5e8e46ce82c0.jpg

Here’s a little trick for the last night. The hangers were driving me crazy banging against each other, so I put a towel through them. Problem solved.

ff51971923885374704e5e8e46ce82c0.jpg

Here’s a little trick for the last night. The hangers were driving me crazy banging against each other, so I put a towel through them. Problem solved.

I have had that same issue in the past. Nice tip!

Mini golf when the wind is howling through is a blast!!!:D:D:D:D

GREAT review, thanks! i picked up some very good tips for our 1/14/18 cruise.

Being a florida gator it is difficult for me to say this but tell your husband i am rooting very strongly for UGA and them Dawgs!

GREAT review, thanks! i picked up some very good tips for our 1/14/18 cruise.

Being a florida gator it is difficult for me to say this but tell your husband i am rooting very strongly for UGA and them Dawgs!

[emoji23] I’ll pass that along to him. We’re a house divided - I’m a Bama fan. But I root for the dawgs with him as long as they aren’t actually playing bama.

[emoji23] I’ll pass that along to him. We’re a house divided - I’m a Bama fan. But I root for the dawgs with him as long as they aren’t actually playing bama.

Go Dawgs!! DD, SIL and all his family are graduates. We bleed red and black.

I’ll be doing a full review including the great, good, the bad and the ugly in the next day or two. I’m still busy catching up on work, and LAUNDRY. ALLLLL THE LAUNDRY. But, I wanted to share this tip.

Zello. It is amazing onboard. It’s a walkie talkie app for your phone. You create a profile, and you can add specific contacts that you choose. It can run on WiFi or on cellular data. On the ship, our travel buddies also had a WiFi package and we were able to ping each other, chat back and forth, and leave messages for each other all week. It was so much better than constantly knocking on each other’s doors and leaving notes, etc.

If you’re traveling with friends or a group, I would highly recommend it!