Wonderful Copenhagen 2017 edition.

Hi Danish Viking,

First of all I would like to thank you for the 2 day walking google map you created for me. We had a wonderful time here 2 days pre- cruise. Although we missed one or two places to visit each day, majority were covered. Copenhagen is a beautiful city and local resident are really helpful to guide us with directions and questions. Thanks again.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh believe me... we will be the first people to get off the ship! If I have anything to do with it! LOL Any idea how much a taxi minivan will cost for these trips? (Approximate?) And can I use my American Express (If you happen to know... )

Around 400 kroner for a large taxi and yes they should be taking American Express.

Dear Danish Viking...Thank you for your very informative thread.Looking forwrads to my stay in Auhust! Can you please help me with transport from airport to Scandic Copenhagen...I'm on the journey planner,and google maps...and am getting lots of different options ie: One says take the RE1391, another says take the 029.....It seems they all stop at the main station, but which is the easiest to get to from Terminal 2 after a long flight? Appreciate any help,Thank you.

Oh...and another quick question....the 24hour citypass,will this cover all zones from airport to cruise port the next day?

Edited by aquafit
forgot something

I would say that the easiest thing is to take a Øresundstog (the ones thats called RE1029, RE1331 etc etc etc) it doesn´t matter what the number is.

You can then either walk from the central station to the hotel in between 550 or 650 meters depending on route.

You can also walk to track 9 and 10 and take any northbound S-train one stop further to Vesterport, here you only have to walk 300 meters.

HELP! DANISH VIKING!! I used the two private car service at the beginning of this excellent thread. The Limo car service was a bit too high for me but the CPH Coach was good, however, I just found out they DO NOT accept credit cards! I am so disappointed.

HELP, can you please recommend another coach or van service? We have 13 passengers that need a ride from Oceankaj back to the airport. Thank you very much.

Hi Danish Viking,

You had been helping me with information regarding my husband debarking at Langelinie Pier and making his way to the Osterport Station for his trip to Sweden. His ticket is now purchased for the 8:57 am train from Osterport with his final destination being Varberg, Sweden. Now the question is when he gets to the Osterport Station how will his train be posted on the departures board? Will it indicate the train is to Ostersund or Malmo or something else? I believe the train cars will be marked "Oresundtag", correct?

Thanks again for all you help.

Carole

Yes its the central stations or Københavns Hovedbanegård (København H)

You just continue straight ahead when you exit the baggage claim area and go to track 2.

When at track 2 you get on any train from there (all stops at the central station), the train will most likely stop at Tårnby and Ørestad before it stops at the central station.

From the central station you just use the entrance on the left side of the main hall (opposite the Tivoli entrance)

Yes the easiest way to the cruise terminal is by taxi but also more expensive.

But if you take any train for Østerport and then change to bus 25 or 27 you can then go for only 24 kroner per person.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Danish viking, a bit of feedback after our experience June 3rd: the 25 bus did not show up at Norreport for an hour and a half (11:30 onwards), so by the time it DID show up, the ride was a cluster. The other buses to the port were also no shows. I had already sent half my group via taxi with the luggage after a half hour--I should have grabbed another taxi for mom and I. Lesson learned, oh well.

On the way out on June 12th, I was glad I did go with the $30 transfer to the airport, as the light was out at the port and the port bus stop was already overwhelmed. Taxi bill would have required a taxi to get through the non-functional light (no police presence) and long backup of traffic.

Another datapoint: Taxi to CPH from Crowne Plaza Twin Towers to Terminal 3 was 131 kroner yesterday morning.

THANK YOU for all your advice while I was planning this trip over the past year!!!

HELP! DANISH VIKING!! I used the two private car service at the beginning of this excellent thread. The Limo car service was a bit too high for me but the CPH Coach was good, however, I just found out they DO NOT accept credit cards! I am so disappointed.

HELP, can you please recommend another coach or van service? We have 13 passengers that need a ride from Oceankaj back to the airport. Thank you very much.

What about Money transfer between your bank and theirs.

Hi Danish Viking,

You had been helping me with information regarding my husband debarking at Langelinie Pier and making his way to the Osterport Station for his trip to Sweden. His ticket is now purchased for the 8:57 am train from Osterport with his final destination being Varberg, Sweden. Now the question is when he gets to the Osterport Station how will his train be posted on the departures board? Will it indicate the train is to Ostersund or Malmo or something else? I believe the train cars will be marked "Oresundtag", correct?

Thanks again for all you help.

Carole

The destination should be Göteborg, maybe the airport is listed first but Göteborg or Helsingborg should be there somewhere.

Danish viking, a bit of feedback after our experience June 3rd: the 25 bus did not show up at Norreport for an hour and a half (11:30 onwards), so by the time it DID show up, the ride was a cluster. The other buses to the port were also no shows. I had already sent half my group via taxi with the luggage after a half hour--I should have grabbed another taxi for mom and I. Lesson learned, oh well.

On the way out on June 12th, I was glad I did go with the $30 transfer to the airport, as the light was out at the port and the port bus stop was already overwhelmed. Taxi bill would have required a taxi to get through the non-functional light (no police presence) and long backup of traffic.

Another datapoint: Taxi to CPH from Crowne Plaza Twin Towers to Terminal 3 was 131 kroner yesterday morning.

THANK YOU for all your advice while I was planning this trip over the past year!!!

Well that wasn´t a smooth sailing. :D

Joke aside, I´m sorry to hear that it wasn´t working out as planned.

Yes they are the one, they are very reliable and the drivers are very friendly.

I can provide some more links to other companies if you want to.

I know you enjoy helping travelers coming to CPH. I was ready to book with the Coach Co. that you suggested, but they do not accept credit cards. Please give me some more suggestions, I have 13 people that need to get back to the airport from Oceankaj. I am running out of time. I will be very greatful for any assistance you can give me.

Thank you very much!

The destination should be Göteborg, maybe the airport is listed first but Göteborg or Helsingborg should be there somewhere.

Thanks for the information. You've been a big help in planning the train trip to Sweden.:halo:

Carole

I know you enjoy helping travelers coming to CPH. I was ready to book with the Coach Co. that you suggested, but they do not accept credit cards. Please give me some more suggestions, I have 13 people that need to get back to the airport from Oceankaj. I am running out of time. I will be very greatful for any assistance you can give me.

Thank you very much!

I am not on my computer at the moment but if you can use your Google skills then search on these.

Strøby Turist

Holger Danske bus

Lyngby Turistfart

Copenhagen Bus Service (not the same as the other)

Centrum Turist

Adrian

Egon's

I can't remember the full name of the others but search with bus or Turistfart at the end.

Btw what about my other reply wasn't that useful or did you miss it.

Danish Viking, Thank you for your information...can you tell me how you would get from Oceankaj to the Copenhagen Go hotel in Kastrup? We are staying one night before flying home..planning on going to the aquarium for the afternoon from there, it looks close...thanks!

Danish viking, we are a family of 4, 2 adults and two teens, probably with 2 large suitcases and some carry ons. I was going to taxi to 71 Nyhavn from CPH, but would do the metro if it would be easy to manage the luggage. What do you think? We are landing on a Monday at 1pm.

Thank you so much for all your help. I found some walking tours you mapped and that was enormously helpful.

So King, I've been reading all of these wonderful logistical tips about Copenhagen. What is it fun to do, beyond the usual tourist stuff? If I'm just there overnight, so a day, what neighbourhood would you suggest if we just wanted to explore a bit and soak up the atmosphere--something off the beaten path? (We are older, so not terribly energetic, but can walk, and are used to taking public transportation.) We haven't decided how long we'll take in Copenhagen, won't be there until August 2018.