Stateroom 14-317 Allure of the Seas

I just booked this state room and the representative said that it was an obstructed View but could not find anything on the plans that was obstructing it. Has anyone had this State Room and know what the obstruction might be? She said it was showing 25% obstructed. I figured it was probably nothing since it wasn't showing on the plans but wanted to check here first.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Are you sure they aren't referring to 14217? 14317 is Boardwalk-view but 14217 is Central Park-view. 14217 is listed as having an obstructed view because of the bridge over the middle of Central Park on Deck 15. We are booked for 14217 so I'm particularly interested in seeing exactly how obstructed this cabin is. I don't mean to hijack your thread! Just thought you might have the numbers mixed up.

No it was 14-317 a boardwalk view. I don't know what the obstruction could be. I called this morning and changed my room 2 10303. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to have any problems

Are you sure they aren't referring to 14217? 14317 is Boardwalk-view but 14217 is Central Park-view. 14217 is listed as having an obstructed view because of the bridge over the middle of Central Park on Deck 15. We are booked for 14217 so I'm particularly interested in seeing exactly how obstructed this cabin is. I don't mean to hijack your thread! Just thought you might have the numbers mixed up.

• 3 years later...
3 hours ago, divorced and happy said:

How bad was the obstruction.  Should i keep my booking or pay more to get the better view? 

You may not get a reply from an infrequent poster - at least get them to notice via the @rs45thompson notification or quote them.

Edited by Biker19

from the cruise deck plans site, there is a youtube video from 14-609. They spend some time showing the view from the balcony. At 1:09 (and again towards the end) you can see 14-217's balcony. Don't blink, or you'll miss it.

Looks like a vertical structural member on the right side. You'll have no view to the right due to the Deck 15 bridge/crossing support, and there's more overhang from deck 15.

8 hours ago, divorced and happy said:

Hello I'm headed out on oasis next month in 14217 i see you were in this room.  How bad was the obstruction.  Should i keep my booking or pay more to get the better view?  Thank you very much, Mike

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You may not get a reply from an infrequent poster - at least get them to notice via the @rs45thompson notification or quote them.

Thank you Biker19.

I changed rooms so I never found out about the obstruction.  So I am no help.  Hopefully the YouTube video someone posted was able to answer your question.

On 10/27/2021 at 12:25 PM, rs45thompson said:

Thank you Biker19.

I changed rooms so I never found out about the obstruction.  So I am no help.  Hopefully the YouTube video someone posted was able to answer your question.

Thank you so much for responding, they have allowed me to change for a suite due to the ship not even at half capacity.   

• Like 1