Does NCL Pearl provide fans if requested?

TheJohnse

I do not know the answer to this, but would guess, no. Electricity=power=fuel=money...doubt they would do anything that might encourage additional power usage.

Power usage aside, from a practical standpoint, where exactly would they store enough fans to satisfy the requests of the approx 2,400 guests onboard?

Power usage aside, from a practical standpoint, where exactly would they store enough fans to satisfy the requests of the approx 2,400 guests onboard?

From a practical standpoint, I do realize that cruise ships cannot cater to every single request of every single passenger. This being my first cruise, I was just wondering due to the fact that this is a common request for any hotel, floating or not. I guess I’ll just bring my own. Thanks for the replies.

I like the drone of a fan while sleeping and am wondering if I need to pack my own or if I am able to request one. The white noise apps on my phone just don't cut it.

The first response you will get from your room steward is 'no'. If you inquire further, to say the house keeping manager, you should be able to secure one on their order.

I hope folks who don't have an "ear" for a blunt tone of reply won't run you off. Your question wasn't dumb even if others think it is obvious. Maybe someone who has asked for a fan in the past will turn up with an answer for you.

Also, if you are staying in a suite or the Haven, about 6 weeks before sailing, you'll get a letter offering pre-concierge service by phone or email to set up requests in advance and you could run the question past them.

Edited by Shellbelle28

This bad boy is the greatest. Someone on here told us about it. My wife is loving it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07785Q1PX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for this! Our second cruise, soon now, will be to Bermuda. I can take this instead of my white noise machine. I've read that the cabin AC might not be very good, so this is a far better option.

You’re the coolest! I am staying in an aft penthouse suite, not that I am expecting special “fan requests”, but I will give them a call and ask over the phone. Thanks for the advice.
Dont forget to come back and update us with what you find out!

Dont forget to come back and update us with what you find out!

The verdict is still out. I talked to someone in the concierge department and she said that she has to email the Pearl directly to find out if it is available. She said that it could take up to 3 days for a response. I'll let you know when I find out.