Cellar Mastersa

GerScot

Can you utilise your drink package in Cellar Masters and is it only wine that is served? I have never been inside on previous Celebrity cruises!

You can use your drink package anywhere on the ship except room service and your mini-bar.

There is a good Craft Beer selection in Cellar Masters (on S-Class particularly).

On the Eclipse the beer cooler is in the Passport Bar. Unfortunately the selection options available in the cooler have been reduced, although the menu still lists them. I am hoping the selection is better on the Solstice and Silhouette. Previously I have always enjoyed Fuller’s Vintage Ale and Orval, but not on my January Eclipse Cruise.

On the Eclipse the beer cooler is in the Passport Bar. Unfortunately the selection options available in the cooler have been reduced, although the menu still lists them. I am hoping the selection is better on the Solstice and Silhouette. Previously I have always enjoyed Fuller’s Vintage Ale and Orval, but not on my January Eclipse Cruise.

Beer selection seems to be very much dependent on the ship and its local sourcing.

Yes! We were on the Eclipse a few weeks ago, and usually would get a glass of wine at Cellar Masters before dinner because the wine selection was a little different than what we could get in the MDR. Sometimes, we'd drink it there, but usually just took that glass to dinner.

Be aware that the classic package drink maximum is $9, and the selection for that price is limited, but you can always pay the extra cost. I often paid an extra $1-2 to get a brand I really liked. We had some OBC to spend and decided to upgrade to the premium package halfway through our cruise, which gets you up to a $13 maximum, which gave us a bigger selection of wines at Cellar Masters.

Note to wine drinkers: one downside to paying for the upgrade is that the nicer wines are often not available in many of the bars, especially the outdoor ones, so if you order a wine here, you will likely get the cheaper brand anyway. So I ended up going to Cellar Masters to get the better wines after I had upgraded, but could not do that during the day because it did open until 4PM.

I don't think it would have been worth the cost to upgrade for our entire 14-day cruise, but waiting until the 2nd half worked out well for us, and that's when we took advantage of it and drank the expensive wines and some fancy drinks at the Martini and World Class Bars.

Sue

Can you utilise your drink package in Cellar Masters and is it only wine that is served? I have never been inside on previous Celebrity cruises!

GerScot - was on the Silhouette recently (Dec 2017). Previous posters have summed up the important aspects. Look for a server passing through or working inside the Cellar Masters space and ask to see a wine menu for wines by the glass. If interested in beer, those items are in coolers within the Cellar Masters space as well. I was certainly tempted by a few of the options during my sailing.

Enjoy your cruise.

Our experiences in Cellar Masters have always been outstanding. Once the staff / sommelier learn that you enjoy nice wine and are interested in learning about and experiencing different wines, they really step up. We make a point of going to Cellar Masters the first day and strike up a conversation. After a day or two, the staff are pleased to see us enter and it is like visiting friends. The staff have on a few occasions planned (unadvertised) high end tastings for small groups who showed interest. I have learned a great deal from my visits to Cellar Masters.