Review: Carnival Victory 3 nighter Nov. 24, 2017

mizLORInj

Victory was my very first cruise ever – in 2003. :DWe have since cruised many times and on various cruise lines. We haven't had a bad cruise yet.

We were vacationing over Thanksgiving week in Florida, and adding a short cruise on seemed like the right thing to do. Embarkation was quick and easy as we arrived around 1:45pm. Short lines and we got moved to the front being Platinum. Scanned our passports, went through security, and off we went to the ship.

Hung out at Serenity a bit, then it was time for the (too long) muster drill. Sailaway we did from our aft balcony and there was a lovely sunset which we enjoyed.

Our balcony cabin was nice but smaller than I remember (which may or may not be accurate!) I did see new mattresses go into our cabin and they were quite comfy. I will say the down comforter needs to be in a duvet cover; not just between two sheets. Aft facing balcony was nice and large but needed a lounger chair. Why aren’t there any? Other ships similar to this in Carnival’s fleet have them. Sufficient storage space in drawers and closets for two people. Limited tv channels. Hot water only in the sink sometimes which was odd. Cabin steward did ask if we wanted 2x/day service.

Food was fine. If you can’t find something to eat, I think you’re just too picky. We ate in the Pacific dining room for dinner one night, and just nibbled at the buffet, sandwich place, and seafood shack the other nights. Lobster roll—you gettwo for $12, but I believe the lobster is mixed with other filler. Wouldn’t get them again. But we always found something we liked that was tasty. We did the Seaday Brunch too and enjoyed that as well. Cashed in our free drink coupon there.

Platinum gift was the tall white insulated coffee/tea mug. No other options—we asked.

Limited tv channels. CNN on 3 consecutive channels, 2 of which were in English and identical.

We are fans of the Alchemy bar. The drinks are good and the staff was fun and knowledgeable.

Comedian—we only went to one show and IMO the guy spent toomuch of the time asking people where they were from and what they do.

Living in America and Vroom were the production shows and we’ve seen both already. Why was there only one show at 10pm? When did the 8pm showings stop? Didn’t go to the welcome aboard show.

Carnival is still one of the only lines where the sauna and steam room are included in your cruise fare. I say thanks for that!

Love the outdoor movies. Popcorn is a nice touch too, and there are blankets if you need them.

Serenity area was very nice and we were able to spend some time there. The music playing from the pool area was too loud often and infringed on our peace in Serenity.

Love the water slide. Took advantage of the morning that we were in Nassau and we were the only ones on it for about 30 minutes. Was fun. It’s not just for kids!

Many times during the night people were being paged. Why? Woke us up every night.

Yes, the ship is old. There is constant work being done although some should be done during dry dock and not while passengers are on board. I got tired of smelling varnish. Pools were closed down at various times.

Of course there were those who thought the “no smoking on balcony” did not apply to them. Amazes me on every cruise.

PORT: Nassau. We did a 4.5 hour sail with Barefoot Sailing Cruises and had a great time. Met ride just outside the port and sailed to Rose Island for snorkeling and feeling thepowdery sand. Very enjoyable time.

We were back in Miami early Monday morning. No more customs cards; it is verbal now. Debarkation was rather quick and painless.

Edited by mizLORInj

Hey nieghbor! Sounds like you had a great quick getaway! We haven't been on the Victory since she was brand new, :D

Hi! Well, if you're going to go on it, wait till it comes out of dry dock and looks fresh! Hope all is well with you guys.