How Do You Make The Most on Sea Days?

For us, it's all about relaxing; get up whenever we want, probably pretty late, have a nice breakfast, walk a couple of miles, relax on deck or on our balcony, lunch, more relaxing!!! Maybe if there is an activity or movie we'd enjoy we will go to that.

Late afternoon walk before supper, rest up from all our activity!!! and then go to dinner and a show, if something appeals.

Love sea days for a slow pace. We do what we want when we want.

Breakfast in bed, walk an hour around the ship's perimeter. Read a book in the sun/shade, dip in the pool if warm enough, cocktails on deck, dinner, sunset on deck. Visit to the bridge, in-room DVD and room service popcorn.

Not many cruise lines have DVD players , I know Hal does and just some rccl suites

We are not "full-time" working folks anymore...so sitting around, doing nothing isn't big on my list of "must do's". I do enjoy reading, and can read a good book in an afternoon at the pool.....but once that's completed, I want to DO something! Sea days don't thrill me. Hubby hates them. Oh well.

We try to book cruises with the least amount of sea days.

My ideal cruise would have zero sea days. You can occasionally find them. There should be a way of searching cruise company WEB sites on the basis of the number of sea days.

DON

My ideal cruise would have zero sea days. You can occasionally find them. There should be a way of searching cruise company WEB sites on the basis of the number of sea days.

DON

+1

Would be very nice, especially in the Carib where islands aren't that far apart and they artificially put in that sea day. Plus they always want to do their private island, OK, it's a beach, next.

Not many cruise lines have DVD players , I know Hal does and just some rccl suites

The question was, “ How do YOU make the most of sea days?” It was NOT to state whether those activities are available on every cruise line.

The line we travel has no shows, none. It does have DVD players in every cabin. I don’t see you responding to posters, including yourself, who go to shows that they aren’t available on every line.

You are also misinformed on the many lines with this amenity, possibly as your experience is limited to mass market cruises.

Edited by Pudgesmom

We love sea days. I like to wake up early to walk before breakfast. We almost always eat breakfast in the dining room. Then it's time for morning activities, especially trivia. We like taking part in the activities so that we meet our fellow passengers. We almost always eat lunch in the dining room. Sometimes we'll take an afternoon nap, but wake up in time for trivia. If we have a balcony, we'll spend some time out there reading. I like to go to the pool late in the afternoon--after the threat of getting too much sun is over. We'll enjoy a cocktail on the balcony or go to an evening cocktail event before dinner.

I like to do every activity I can possibly fit into my sea days, sometimes I find I’m busier in sea days than port days! I love it all though, the activities they offer just hits all my usual interests and hobbies (art, music, singing, dance), and I love trying new things too, so I’m that crazy person with the schedule in one hand, highlighter in the other, running all around to fit it all in.

I bring my swim gear and have never actually managed to find the time to make it into a cruise ship swimming pool yet!

Sea days. Yes, I set my clock for 1 hour before sunrise. Jump out of bed, get dressed without waking the the Wife, grab my camera, pick up a cup of coffee and head to a chair and table on one of the top decks to wait for the sunrise.

After the photo shoot is over, head back to the cabin and read my kindle until the Wife wakes up. Then we head some place for breakfast.

Later in the day will find me sitting watching the ocean with a drink of the day, a plate of peanut butter cookies, reading my kindle with the camera in my lap. Want to see action like a monkey painting a house, watch me try to get a photo of something that jumped up out of the water or floated past as I set everything down while grabbing my camera. clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Then will attend something that caught my eye in the daily ship paper.

Bob