4J Carnival Breeze (or sister ships)..anyone stayed?

momof4girls

when I was pricing out our cruise for next March, there were some 4J interior rooms available. I initially was going to choose a Cove as we LOVE them, but with it just being dh and myself, I’m not sure how much the Balcony will really get used? The price difference is over $600 for a 4J vs a Cove.

Since I’ve never stayed in one, and the pictures aren’t super helpful, can anyone that has stayed in one share an opinion? Good or bad.

We always stay midship as I worry about sea sickness (although I’ve only experienced it in rough water). It doesn’t look like there is any access to deck 10 from those rooms but possibly on deck 9? Unless that is for crew only?

We have two of these cabins booked for August and I have same questions. If you go to you tube, there are a couple of videos of the cabin. And how close it is to the secret decks. I can’t wait to stay here, we are on deck 6.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've stayed in a couple 4Js on other ships (Glory/Valor/Splendor - I think). When I was younger and much poorer, we always booked Guarantees or just Interiors. But once we discovered the 4Js, we were SOLD! I think we only every had the corner 4Js which have a different layout (beds cannot be pushed together). These were also accessible cabins which had HUGE bathrooms. We knew we could get bumped from this cabin if someone with a handicap needed it. But it was worth the risk to us. We loved having a window even if the view was obstructed. Just being able to wake up and look outside to see if it was light or not was great. As far as motion, we never felt a big difference being at the front of the ship. And we loved the access to the secret deck right outside our cabin door. There were rarely people on the deck during the day or at night. And it was a great spot to take sunset pics in the evening or just enjoy the breeze at night.

The hubby and I have gotten used to having balconies now, but if we needed to trim the budget I would totally book the 4J again.

I've stayed in a couple 4Js on other ships (Glory/Valor/Splendor - I think). When I was younger and much poorer, we always booked Guarantees or just Interiors. But once we discovered the 4Js, we were SOLD! I think we only every had the corner 4Js which have a different layout (beds cannot be pushed together). These were also accessible cabins which had HUGE bathrooms. We knew we could get bumped from this cabin if someone with a handicap needed it. But it was worth the risk to us. We loved having a window even if the view was obstructed. Just being able to wake up and look outside to see if it was light or not was great. As far as motion, we never felt a big difference being at the front of the ship. And we loved the access to the secret deck right outside our cabin door. There were rarely people on the deck during the day or at night. And it was a great spot to take sunset pics in the evening or just enjoy the breeze at night.

The hubby and I have gotten used to having balconies now, but if we needed to trim the budget I would totally book the 4J again.

Hmm, the pics I saw of stateroom 10205 on the Breeze didn’t look handicap accessible. Maybe it’s not the same on the Dream class?

We have stayed in 4J cabins quite a few times and it's a great way to save money compared to the price of a balcony cabin. Also with a balcony, you only see one side, but with the 4J cabin you have quick, easy access to the open deck in front where you can see both sides and straight ahead.

We have stayed in 4J cabins quite a few times and it's a great way to save money compared to the price of a balcony cabin. Also with a balcony, you only see one side, but with the 4J cabin you have quick, easy access to the open deck in front where you can see both sides and straight ahead.

It’s definitely worth the savings as $600 can go pretty far! From the pics I’ve seen, it looks like the only way onto the deck outside our window is through the door outside our room. I take it then that the deck doesn’t get used much? Kind of nice! It will be awesome for pictures. I’ll be sure to bring my “nice” camera.

This will be the first time we’ve stayed on the Lido deck and so close to the pool area. That will be super nice too

We have had these cabins a few times (Glory, Liberty, & Breeze), and really enjoyed them. Check out my Breeze review in my signature for plenty of room and "secret deck" pictures. :cool:

Awesome review and very helpful! Thank you! It was bittersweet to read and see the pics with your son, though. I am so sorry. :(

It’s definitely worth the savings as $600 can go pretty far! From the pics I’ve seen, it looks like the only way onto the deck outside our window is through the door outside our room. I take it then that the deck doesn’t get used much? Kind of nice! It will be awesome for pictures. I’ll be sure to bring my “nice” camera.

This will be the first time we’ve stayed on the Lido deck and so close to the pool area. That will be super nice too

Correct, you will not have direct access from your cabin. The view isn't the best on 4J because of the railing. The "secret" decks are a popular place after dark.

Correct, you will not have direct access from your cabin. The view isn't the best on 4J because of the railing. The "secret" decks are a popular place after dark.

I just meant you can’t access it via some stairs or any other way except through that door all the way forward? On a few of the other decks with 4J rooms it looks like there are stairs between the decks to go up and down.

And do u mean popular place after dark for couples?

I'm a big fan of 4J cabins. I had one on the Vista and have one coming up on the Horizon. As others have said, the "secret deck" isn't used much except for others in 4J's on that floor. It's a great place to be for sailaway and coming into port. Just be aware that it does get quite windy out there when the ship is sailing. The 4J's I have been in didn't have couches and I'm not sure whether that's true of all 4J's or not. If having a couch is important, you might want to check into whether the cabin you're interested in has one. These cabins tend to sell out quickly, so if you're interested in one and the price is right, it might be good to go ahead and book it. Nancy

One of our rooms on the Magic was a 4J. Loved it ! It was handicapped accessible, there was a chance we'd be bumped if it was needed for handicapped passengers and we understood that. Our PVP recommended the cabin. We stayed in a balcony next door and our older kids were in the 4J. It was huge. Big window, I'd pick it over an oceanview anytime.

I just meant you can’t access it via some stairs or any other way except through that door all the way forward? On a few of the other decks with 4J rooms it looks like there are stairs between the decks to go up and down.

And do u mean popular place after dark for couples?

The only doors are the forward doors and there is an exterior stairway connecting the decks. Yes, I mean it is a place for the nookie.

We stayed in a 4J in July on the Freedom you can see review with pics in my signature. We loved the room. It was great for coming into and leaving ports to be able to go out to the open deck and there was not many people out there as that is the secret area.

Thank you to everyone that has shared a link to their review or mentioned they have one. I have read your reviews and enjoyed all of them! Based on everything I’ve read and seen, I think I’m going to keep cabin 10205 and give it a try. Always like trying different rooms so I can decide what’s “worth it” and what’s not.

Thank you to everyone that has shared a link to their review or mentioned they have one. I have read your reviews and enjoyed all of them! Based on everything I’ve read and seen, I think I’m going to keep cabin 10205 and give it a try. Always like trying different rooms so I can decide what’s “worth it” and what’s not.

I was just cruising through this thread, see you did choose a 4J on Breeze. You should enjoy that cabin and it's location on the ship, and as you say, only you will decide ultimately a good choice for you, regardless of how many of us sing the praises of 4J cabins!! Here's a couple, bigger than I expected pics of the "sister" cabin to 10205, cabin 10206. As i'm sure you're aware, 10205 is on the starboard side of ship, 10206 is on port side. But, seems they are identical mirror images. When we chose 10206 for a cruise we took on Breeze a few years ago, I traded info with someone who also stayed in 10205. In fact, with some searching here, you could find those posts, there are pics of 10205 in there. Anyway, a big draw to us was having a cabin on the Lido deck, made it very convenient for anything and everything we accessed Lido deck for right from our cabin. Someone mentioned the view from inside the cabin not be great, which is true, but from out on the forward deck, the views can't be beat by any other cabin view on the ship. The door out to the forward deck is basically right next to the cabin door. Enjoy.

2e9de01000701fc81aec70dbb76a6dba.jpg608f72e3a280532a45307bc6451ca61f.jpgaafa7e7f30d26a02d97906d5133f2d84.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by bar1068

Thank you for the pics! Sure looks so roomy. Must be the lack of couch or the layout?

I’m very excited to be trying a completely different kind of room. I’ve never stayed forward or on the Lido deck. I’m ok with more walking too.

I was just cruising through this thread, see you did choose a 4J on Breeze. You should enjoy that cabin and it's location on the ship, and as you say, only you will decide ultimately a good choice for you, regardless of how many of us sing the praises of 4J cabins!! Here's a couple, bigger than I expected pics of the "sister" cabin to 10205, cabin 10206. As i'm sure you're aware, 10205 is on the starboard side of ship, 10206 is on port side. But, seems they are identical mirror images. When we chose 10206 for a cruise we took on Breeze a few years ago, I traded info with someone who also stayed in 10205. In fact, with some searching here, you could find those posts, there are pics of 10205 in there. Anyway, a big draw to us was having a cabin on the Lido deck, made it very convenient for anything and everything we accessed Lido deck for right from our cabin. Someone mentioned the view from inside the cabin not be great, which is true, but from out on the forward deck, the views can't be beat by any other cabin view on the ship. The door out to the forward deck is basically right next to the cabin door. Enjoy.

2e9de01000701fc81aec70dbb76a6dba.jpg608f72e3a280532a45307bc6451ca61f.jpgaafa7e7f30d26a02d97906d5133f2d84.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Always look for a 4J cabin.. Had a friend do a cove once... saw my 4J and she liked it much better than her's.

It's like your own balcony. Order breakfast in the morning take it out there and enjoy.

We love 4J's and book them if they are available. Our favorite place has always been the "Secret Deck" so we love being so close. There are very few people out there and it's the best place for star gazing at night.