Sunshine tips please

missquito

Eat at Jiji's Asian Kitchen. Only a few ships have it. Food is amazing and a steal!

One of our favorite things about Sunshine is the pool in Serenity (unique to Sunshine). Has its own waterfall. Very cool!

Ocean Plaza is a terrific location for pre-dinner cocktails with Alchemy Bar right there, live music and close to the main dining rooms.

We sailed Sunshine twice in 2016 and she is easily our favorite Carnival ship. Have a great cruise!

Edited by cruzeluver
more info

Best Serenity on any Carnival ship. By the pool is within earshot of the Lido music so if you want it super quiet, head up front. We were a big fan of Cucina del Capitano. Make a reservation early in the day (say noon) and they'll almost certainly give you an wonderful table by the ocean. Agree with others, take your food back from Lido to the Havana bar area. And the Comedy Club layout is lousy compared to other ships but you can't have everything, am I right?

Have fun. We loved her as Destiny and love her 100 times more as Sunshine.

Eat at Jiji's Asian Kitchen. Only a few ships have it. Food is amazing and a steal!

One of our favorite things about Sunshine is the pool in Serenity (unique to Sunshine). Has its own waterfall. Very cool!

Ocean Plaza is a terrific location for pre-dinner cocktails with Alchemy Bar right there, live music and close to the main dining rooms.

We sailed Sunshine twice in 2016 and she is easily our favorite Carnival ship. Have a great cruise!

Ditto. We sailed twice in 2016 and really like the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:D You need to try Cucina Del Capitano for dinner only $15 PP and worth every penny. It is also open for lunch at embarkation free of charge. Great pasta. We love the Sunshine and will be on her for Thanksgiving on a B2B. Only 16 days to go but who's counting?

We were on in Sept 2017. LOVED this ship. Been on many others, but this is close to my favorite. Eat at all specialty restaurants if you can. They are all great, If you can only eat at one, JiJi is the bomb.

Crew is great, as others have said, the Serenity area is huge, well positioned to watch the daily pool activities and eat a Guys burger while watching the show. Plan on watching some Dive in Movies, and do watch them in the hot tub if you have a cooler night. I did this during our Canada cruise with fog and rain, it was so much fun. Eat the popcorn too! Take some back to your cabin for later as well.

Breakfast in the DR is great as well, eat from the healthy menu and get the cheese/broccoli frittata, its the very best.

Have a great time.

• 2 weeks later...
will be there too, any tips would be great :)

I was looking up any threads on the Sunshine, and I see that you recently cruised on it? What did you think of it? I ask because you have been on a couple of the same ships as myself.

Also, off topic, but your user name seems familiar to me. Were you ever on a board called "GF"? I remember you from the Gap section (if you're who I'm thinking of).

Lunch at the Taste Bar is very good, and you can eat while trivia and such is going on. They had an extensive salad bar, soup, rolls, turkey wraps, chips and salsa, chicken fingers and 1 or 2 hot dishes. Perfect for my family!

Try to sit on the sides or in the balcony in the theater vs on the floor, and be mindful of poles and sightlines.

The crew is truly wonderful, they really made the trip awesome.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Again, the Havana Bar area is great, makes it easy to avoid the crowds in the buffet area. Always seats available, nice views, as well.

If you like being outside...but in the shade....there are sofas under the deck overhangs, on the second Serenity deck (the one right above the Serenity pool). I read there for hours.

Yes, the comedy club layout is laughably bad. So...just plan ahead. Roll with it. Get there early & line up. We never missed a show we really wanted to see.

If you get a late upsell call for an Ocean Suite....it's worth it.

Enjoy the quirks! It's what makes the Sunshine special.

If you get a late upsell call for an Ocean Suite....it's worth it.

Enjoy the quirks! It's what makes the Sunshine special.

If I get the call then I will being that I'll have my cruise paid off next week. I just switched cabins from an 8th floor to the L-shaped cabin on the 7th with the over-sized balcony.

I was looking up any threads on the Sunshine, and I see that you recently cruised on it? What did you think of it? I ask because you have been on a couple of the same ships as myself.

Also, off topic, but your user name seems familiar to me. Were you ever on a board called "GF"? I remember you from the Gap section (if you're who I'm thinking of).

lol yep that's me :) The Gap section was life at one time ;) We had a great time on the Sunshine, so fun. I have NO sense of direction normally, but was able to figure my way around on this ship pretty easily. All of the different food places were nice, service was great, lots of yummy drinks. I'd def go again if I get the chance!