Where was everyone?

jordanaire

My niece and her friend just returned from a 3-day cruise to Nassau aboard Carnival Victory. Last night was the first chance that I got to talk with her about their cruise. She told me something that I found was very strange, and that I have never witnessed on any of our cruises.

When they went to the main dining room on the first night, they were LITERALLY the only people at the 6:00pm sitting. No one else was there! And this happened again on the second AND third night! She said that it was like a "Twighlight Zone" experience. Where were the only 3,000 passengers??? She showed me some videos that showed NO ONE else there!

Has anyone else ever experienced this before? Not me!

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

A three day cruise is a booze cruise. Which dining room were they in? Mid or aft? At six? No I bet there were folks at the later seating, but at 6? most folks were still partying. eating at the lido because they don't know about the MDR? or uninspired to go sit somewhere and wait for food to be brought to them.

glad to know that the service was good if you are the only ones there, but how was the food?

I might have a partial explanation for the first night if you are talking about the November 17-20 cruise. I was on that cruise too. Nick Jonas was on board and performed a concert during the first night of the cruise. I believe it started around 8PM. It is possible that most of the concert goers had the early sitting and opted for the buffet or something else in order to make it in time for the concert. The group I was in had the late sitting in the AFT Pacific dinning room and it was pretty much a full house for all 3 nights. As for the other responses, that might also be true for the duration of the cruise.

My niece and her friend just returned from a 3-day cruise to Nassau aboard Carnival Victory. Last night was the first chance that I got to talk with her about their cruise. She told me something that I found was very strange, and that I have never witnessed on any of our cruises.

When they went to the main dining room on the first night, they were LITERALLY the only people at the 6:00pm sitting. No one else was there! And this happened again on the second AND third night! She said that it was like a "Twighlight Zone" experience. Where were the only 3,000 passengers??? She showed me some videos that showed NO ONE else there!

Has anyone else ever experienced this before? Not me!

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app