Freedom steakhouse

CruiseMomTX

We made reservations for the first time at the steakhouse, sailing on the Freedom next month. When will we get a confirmation? What are your favorite things to eat there? How long does the dinner usually take? Thanks for any help!

A couple of days .

• 2 months later...

Going on The Freedom in early January. Can anyone comment on the following:

--Do they still offer the free wine on embarkation night and the first formal night? Free is OK as I don't know the difference between good wine and bad wine.

--What is the ambiance of the restaurant like? I liked the Liberty steakhouse, but the Breeze steakhouse not as much.

--I usually get a filet mignon, and I'm not a seafood eater. Any other suggestions? I don't eat a lot and my husband and I usually share a dinner in the MDR, so this is the only time we usually order our own meals.

Any other steakhouse info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jodi

The Steakhouse menu has been tweaked a bit, and there are a few new items, mostly in the appetizer and dessert sections. I ate in the Breeze Steakhouse twice in December and thoroughly enjoyed my meals.

Smoked oysters are new and have a wow factor when being served and eaten; dover sole replaces the sea bass; no more presentation of entrees, but if ordering steak they bring over a selection of 6 salts to flavor the meat when searing it; No more cheesecake for dessert.

IMO, the revised menu is a hit and I will continue to eat there at least once every cruise.

The steakhouse on the Freedom is twice the size as the steakhouse on the Breeze.

It is beautifully decorated and the service is typically very good.

The shrimp cocktail presentation is lovely.

The spinach salad is good especially with the mushrooms buried under the spinach leaves. Everything is very tasty in the steakhouse.

Enjoy!

The steakhouse on the Freedom is twice the size as the steakhouse on the Breeze.

It is beautifully decorated and the service is typically very good.

The shrimp cocktail presentation is lovely.

The spinach salad is good especially with the mushrooms buried under the spinach leaves. Everything is very tasty in the steakhouse.

Enjoy!

Thank you for the great information. I'm hoping to go the first formal night and am now looking forward to it.