Bringing Water Onboard (Explorer of the Seas)

Hello!

I understand the official RC policy is that no beverages are to be brought onboard. While researching this, I saw several posts from folks who did, in fact, bring a case of water onboard with them.

If this policy isn't strictly enforced, I'm fine with trying and understand it might be taken away.

However, if this is a strictly enforced policy, I won't bother wasting my time in Seattle buying a small case of bottled water.

Any advice is welcome!

We cruised from Port Canaveral a few years back and saw multiple people with cases of water get through security with no issues. I am also sailing on the Explorer in September and plan to bring a case with me. I figure $3 for the case is worth the risk versus paying close to that for one bottle while on board.

Thank you so much! I've read that folks affix a luggage tag to their water. I'll try this and hope for the best.

We've had an obvious case of water refused by porters. I'd put it in some sort of rolling luggage.

We cruised from Port Canaveral a few years back and saw multiple people with cases of water get through security with no issues. I am also sailing on the Explorer in September and plan to bring a case with me. I figure $3 for the case is worth the risk versus paying close to that for one bottle while on board.

That's my thinking too! Are you planning on carrying it on or putting a luggage tag on the case? I've seen both recommended.

• 3 weeks later...

Since 4 oz is max you can carry on airplane I would pack soft duffle bag then when you arrive in Seattle go to the store & buy cokes/water/etc. & put in your carryon (be sure to have RCL tag).

We're on Explorer for Alaska leaving 9/8/17.

First Alaska cruise. Hope its as good as I've read because we are not cold weather people. Our cruises & trips are always warm weather locations.

• 2 months later...

For those of you who don't know - you can also bring two bottles of wine or champagne on board - one for each adult. Pack it in your 'take on baggage'. This information was given to me from a direct enquiry to Royal Caribbean. It is also stated in the information section but I wanted to make sure so I contacted them.

CruiseLover750

For those of you who don't know - you can also bring two bottles of wine or champagne on board - one for each adult. Pack it in your 'take on baggage'. This information was given to me from a direct enquiry to Royal Caribbean. It is also stated in the information section but I wanted to make sure so I contacted them.

CruiseLover750

Royal's rule says two bottles per stateroom, regardless of the number of adults in the stateroom.

• 2 months later...
Hi there. We are going on Explorer in April - our first cruise!, can we access drinking water anywhere on the ship that is free.? Ie drinkable tap water that we can take back to our cabins?

Absolutely. You can get a glass of ice water from many locations including any bar.

we have always taped a luggage tag to the case of water and given it to the porters... has always arrived in tact to our cabin... I use clear packing tape...

Porters at some ports have refused this. Must be carried on yourself or put in a duffel bag of some sort.

Sorry, I meant to mention that you can only drink this wine in your Cabin. It cannot be taken to another area - if you are caught - your will get a $15 corkage fee!!

CruiseLover750

For the wine you bring on, you can open and pour it in your stateroom and bring full glasses with you wherever you are going.