Embarcartion day

HvySeezFcstr

Sailng on the Westerdam out of Vancouver in April. We would like to know what restaurants are open on Embarkation day? We liked the Dive in on the Eurodam and hope to sit out in the fresh air until out room is ready. We will be carrying on a medium sized luggage case.

Just as an FYI, we had an extended wait ( 3 hours ) to get through customs and board the ship in May last year. There were 3 ships in port and not enough agents were on duty. Apparently this is a common issue early each cruise season in Vancouver from other posts I have seen. We arrived about 2:30 and weren’t on the ship until 5:30 during Muster Drill and the ship was 2+ hours late departing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lido Buffet, Dive-In, Main Dining Room will all be open at embarkation.

No need to sit anywhere at embarkation waiting for the room to be ready... they always are ready when you board!

Just FYI - once in awhile the Main Dining Room will be closed, normally for some special locals event/promotion.

99.9% of the time the cabins have been ready by 11:30 when boarding begins.

When you say medium size suitcase -- I have a question. Will it fit through the scanner? The scanner is the same size as those at the airports.

.............................................................................................................................................................

We have only sailed on the Eurodam so we are really newbie civilian cruisers. Our medium bag is 20 inches wide and 12 inches high. I have read here that some people don't trust the porters for loseing their luggage and bring it all on themselves. I assume our carry on then would have to be hand scanned?

Thanks for the helpful reply!

.............................................................................................................................................................

We have only sailed on the Eurodam so we are really newbie civilian cruisers. Our medium bag is 20 inches wide and 12 inches high. I have read here that some people don't trust the porters for loseing their luggage and bring it all on themselves. I assume our carry on then would have to be hand scanned?

Thanks for the helpful reply!

If it fits through an airport scanner, it will fit through the Terminal Security scanner near the terminal entrance.