so upset

im off on a cruise in just over two weeks on the pacific sun (Week Tropique).

we went through a travel agent. She has been stuffing us around about our tickets etc. keeps saying they will be there within the week etc.

Yesterday still no ticket, so i was looking on the p and o website and i seeing the cruise personaliser log on thing, so I log on and have a look at our account. She hasnt put in passport details! no wonder we didnt have tickets!!! she kept telling us that yes every thing is in etc. So fed up with it all, i fill in all of the details and call p and o and they said, that yep all done, so i can just get my own e-ticket in 5 days.

but as im talking to him i realise that she has put my dob and my name in wrong. and i cant change this only the travel agent can. so i rang her immediately, rude person said she would call back first thing in the morning. hasnt rang, so just rang then and she is 'busy' and will call back.

Im so upset!! im worried that it wont be fixed in time. And im worried that p and o will consider it a 'name change' and there will be fees to be paid.

completely and utterly her fault, when i look at the tax invoice from the travel agency my name is correct on that. so obviously she just entered my name wrong into the p and o database!!!!!!!!

So sorry to hear this. Its unacceptable behaviour on the part of your TA and its dissapointing that we cant 'name and shame' on this site :/

I really hope this is resolved for you quickly - needless to say, dont ever book with this TA again!! :(

im off on a cruise in just over two weeks on the pacific sun (Week Tropique).

we went through a travel agent. She has been stuffing us around about our tickets etc. keeps saying they will be there within the week etc.

Yesterday still no ticket, so i was looking on the p and o website and i seeing the cruise personaliser log on thing, so I log on and have a look at our account. She hasnt put in passport details! no wonder we didnt have tickets!!! she kept telling us that yes every thing is in etc. So fed up with it all, i fill in all of the details and call p and o and they said, that yep all done, so i can just get my own e-ticket in 5 days.

but as im talking to him i realise that she has put my dob and my name in wrong. and i cant change this only the travel agent can. so i rang her immediately, rude person said she would call back first thing in the morning. hasnt rang, so just rang then and she is 'busy' and will call back.

Im so upset!! im worried that it wont be fixed in time. And im worried that p and o will consider it a 'name change' and there will be fees to be paid.

completely and utterly her fault, when i look at the tax invoice from the travel agency my name is correct on that. so obviously she just entered my name wrong into the p and o database!!!!!!!!

Change your TA or book direct next time. I hope it is all fixed up. I never rely on a TA to do everything. My experience is there are some that like getting the booking and getting paid for it but to actually do something to earn their money. Well! When you find a good TA stick with them.

yes not our normal TA unfortunately.

Apparently she has changed it and is giving us tickets with the incorrect name on them still and saying it will be fine???? rang p and o and they said no its not ok.

rang her, she said that we dont even need a ticket to get on board any way. p and o confirmed that she did change it to the correct thing, but saying she still needs to fix some thing????

Can i get on the boat with out a ticket????

Can i get on the boat with out a ticket????

You can board the ship without tickets. On our last two cruises we had our printed e-tickets with us, but at check-in they were not even looked at. Our details were on the P & O data base. As long as your details are correct on the cruise personaliser you should be OK. Take the tax invoice from the TA with you to the check-in desk in case there is a question about name change. I am sure you won't use this TA again.

Have a fantastic cruise and don't let this little hiccup worry you. :D

on our last two cruise and for the cruise,we could not get our etickets off P&O's web site, as it keeps say that our cruise personaliser was not filled out and it was filled , as the staff at P&O told us it was filled out and so did our TA and so did we, as we filled it months and months ago and we could see on line that was filled out and still no etickets, but our Ta ended getting some one in P&O IT to fix the problem for each cruise,

I have just checked it and no etickets yet on the P&O site.

on our last two cruise and for the cruise,we could not get our etickets off P&O's web site, as it keeps say that our cruise personaliser was not filled out and it was filled , as the staff at P&O told us it was filled out and so did our TA and so did we, as we filled it months and months ago and we could see on line that was filled out and still no etickets, but our Ta ended getting some one in P&O IT to fix the problem for each cruise,

I have just checked it and no etickets yet on the P&O site.

Your signature shows that your next cruise is 9th April. I have friends who booked on this cruise only two weeks ago and their e-tickets were available on Tuesday this week. Maybe you should enquire again about your e-tickets, although I know you can board without tickets.

Your signature shows that your next cruise is 9th April. I have friends who booked on this cruise only two weeks ago and their e-tickets were available on Tuesday this week. Maybe you should enquire again about your e-tickets, although I know you can board without tickets.

yes it just next week, and as you said you can board without tickets, and thats what P&O have said as well its all good, it all worked better when we use to get the blue folder lol. I hope your friends enjoy the cruise as we did a similar cruise two yrs ago, eg Noumea, Isle of Pines, Suva ( did not get as the pacific sun broke down) Savusavu, Vila, Pentecost,.....

This cruise ( 9/04/11) is Penecost, Vila, Port Denarau, Suva, Isle of Pines.

both cruise are 12 nights. and this one with no Noumea :D

I know the feeling, we have just booked our third cruise and are on the third TA, both TA's for the other cruises made mistakes, minor but still enough to cause us a couple of sleepless nights. First cruise, they put daughters age down wrong, so when we went to book, we had to change cruises. Second one was a minor hiccup with booking, then I went in twice to ask about the tickets, and they said they had not arrived, when I dodi get them, they had actually had them for two weeks.

When I went to book this cruise, the first agent I went to told me over and over again how I could pay it off into their account through out the months, get real I might as well put the money into a special savings account and I get the interest. Tried two TA's online, got quote for cruise but no quote on including flights in it.

Crossed fingers third time is lucky.

can some one tell me -when you get your tickets from the TA does it come with addition things? like what theme nights are on deck, what shows? When i looked at the cruise personaliser, i see we can book shore trips etc, but is there any other info i should be getting???

Also, if we dont book shore tickets before we leave is there a chance of not getting a spot???

can some one tell me -when you get your tickets from the TA does it come with addition things? like what theme nights are on deck, what shows? When i looked at the cruise personaliser, i see we can book shore trips etc, but is there any other info i should be getting???

Also, if we dont book shore tickets before we leave is there a chance of not getting a spot???

Popular shore tours sometimes book out before the cruise. You can access these through the Cruise Personaliser. On our last two cruises we just printed off the e-tickets and luggage labels. You don't really need their labels, you can use anything you have. Just write on in black marker pen - cruise number, name and cabin number. Your TA would not be including anything about theme nights or shows. Theme nights are usually the same - island night, country & western night, rock 'n roll night. You will find out about shows and guest entertainers after you board.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask. Someone here will be able to supply the answers. :D

I know the feeling, we have just booked our third cruise and are on the third TA, both TA's for the other cruises made mistakes, minor but still enough to cause us a couple of sleepless nights. First cruise, they put daughters age down wrong, so when we went to book, we had to change cruises. Second one was a minor hiccup with booking, then I went in twice to ask about the tickets, and they said they had not arrived, when I dodi get them, they had actually had them for two weeks.

When I went to book this cruise, the first agent I went to told me over and over again how I could pay it off into their account through out the months, get real I might as well put the money into a special savings account and I get the interest. Tried two TA's online, got quote for cruise but no quote on including flights in it.

Crossed fingers third time is lucky.

I know what you mean the cruise we did last year we had huge problems with the TA but the one we have now in Austalia is fantastic even got me a price reduction from Princess and on board credit from her :D

The first cruise I'd ever been on back in 2007 and our second one in 2008 we booked through a TA and never had a hiccup... We decided that in 2009 we'd book a cruise without using a TA, and our cruise got cancelled 4 days prior to sailing!!!

So after a year hiatus (went to the USA for a month) I'm taking the man on a cruise for his birthday in July!!! I initally booked it myself but the thought of him finding out I did it was too big so I put it onto my TA and she's brilliant!!! She put a note on the file for the other TA's in the store not to divulge any information about it if he asks (they all know who we are after 4 years).... I can't wait!!!

it has finally been sorted out. after a couple of more 'discussions' of her trying to give me tickets that still said the wrong name saying its ok because the file says the correct name. i kept saying i wanted tickets in the correct to reassure me that me that its all definitely ok. she just didnt get that the fact it was still printing out tickets in the wrong name obviously means that some where it says the wrong name in the system!! argh.

she was getting quite rude at me in the end.

looking forward to sunday!

it has finally been sorted out. after a couple of more 'discussions' of her trying to give me tickets that still said the wrong name saying its ok because the file says the correct name. i kept saying i wanted tickets in the correct to reassure me that me that its all definitely ok. she just didnt get that the fact it was still printing out tickets in the wrong name obviously means that some where it says the wrong name in the system!! argh.

she was getting quite rude at me in the end.

looking forward to sunday!

I'm glad it is finally sorted out. I agree with you. It is much safer for you to have everything in the correct name rather than have the stress and potentially a problem when you check in. :)

All good. Have a great cruise. :)

I am in shock of how many issues people are having with their Travel Agents, They Should be happy to have your business and trying to keep your business for future bookings.

Once you find a good TA you really need to stick with them they are becoming a dime in a dozen.

I'm glad u got things sorted, i'm dissapointed that TA don't understand the days of a blue folder where so much nicer but I suppose would have been harder to fix up have a good holiday we look forward to the review

I am in shock of how many issues people are having with their Travel Agents, They Should be happy to have your business and trying to keep your business for future bookings. Once you find a good TA you really need to stick with them they are becoming a dime in a dozen.

You are so right on.

Unfortunately TA offices are staffed today with

"booking bunnies"

who just push buttons on the computer

and then come back to you with...

Computer Says No

Computer Says Yes.

Archived