Empress 2018 Sailings - Missing?

Wrh2016

Wondering is a anyone has any information on the status of Empress sailings next year. I just went on RC to do a mock booking for my mid-February sailing to check prices, and every Empress sailing after January is gone. Maybe it is just a glitch. Does anyone have any insight? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Got off the phone with my travel agent earlier today. We had Empress booked for Dec 3rd 2018 and all of those are now frozen. So are all of the Majesty cruises.

Apparently according to my travel agent I will now be sailing on the Majesty. Same itinerary. All of the cruises on both ships are red flagged until they figure out the switch. Meaning no changes and no bookings accepted for the moment until they can reassign cabins.

We were a little disappointed as we had wanted to try the Empress, but we have not been on the Majesty either so we are fine with that. The good news is the junior suites are a little nicer than the Empress. (The wife wanted a tub and was sad that the Empress did not have that. Now we will have it.)

Thank you so much for the info! We are also looking forward to the Empress and have a JS booked.

Hopefully the listings will be up on the website soon, so we can all see what ship we are sailing on. Any cruise is a great cruise!! ;)

Royal is doing a massive redeployment, Majesty, Empress, Enchantment, and Vision are all being redeployed in 2018 or 2019 and having cruises cancelled, modified, or switching ships. Many Majesty sailings are being switched to Enchantment, Empress to Majesty, Enchantment to Vision. There are also a bunch of cruises that are just being cancelled. November 21st seems to be the magic day when the dust will settle and changes will be available.

The last updates I saw Empress was only being changed from the May 9th sailing onward, but maybe Royal is closing out more reservations until they can properly evaluate.

Majesty is going to Tampa from what i hear

Yes. Majesty to Tampa, Enchantment to Port Canaveral, Vision to Galveston, and Empress will be in Miami.

Thank you so much for the info! We are also looking forward to the Empress and have a JS booked.

Hopefully the listings will be up on the website soon, so we can all see what ship we are sailing on. Any cruise is a great cruise!! ;)

November 21st (so Tuesday) is when they are supposed to be online.

Royal is doing a massive redeployment, Majesty, Empress, Enchantment, and Vision are all being redeployed in 2018 or 2019 and having cruises cancelled, modified, or switching ships. Many Majesty sailings are being switched to Enchantment, Empress to Majesty, Enchantment to Vision. There are also a bunch of cruises that are just being cancelled. November 21st seems to be the magic day when the dust will settle and changes will be available.

The last updates I saw Empress was only being changed from the May 9th sailing onward, but maybe Royal is closing out more reservations until they can properly evaluate.

Enchantment going to port canavral

Sent from my SM-G928T using Forums mobile app

We are sailing on Empress out of Miami, so hopefully we won't be affected. Fingers crossed! Thanks for all the info. I got sidetracked with all the new deployments and forget to check on my next sailing.

Parrothead - I'm with your wife on the tub! Love any JS, but will miss the tub on Empress.

We were a little disappointed as we had wanted to try the Empress, but we have not been on the Majesty either so we are fine with that. The good news is the junior suites are a little nicer than the Empress. (The wife wanted a tub and was sad that the Empress did not have that. Now we will have it.)

We were in the same boat, pun intended, but we have been on Majesty 5 times. Waiting till after the Thanksgiving holiday to see what we can/are going to do. For us, they also changed Key West to Costa Maya, which I'm not happy about.