Voyages to Antiquity Photo Review (Athens to Venice)

Unregistered, just back from your cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:29 PM.
Ontario
1,138 Posts
Joined Apr 2001
Marco Polo Dining Room

Captain's table

I usually forgot to take photos of food, but we did enjoy our meals in the dining room - service and presentation was great.

A salmon App

Prime Rib cooked to order ;-)

Apple Dessert

Delicious choc cake and ice cream
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ontario
1,138 Posts
Joined Apr 2001
Misc photos from around the ship

Choir practice in the Observation Lounge

The view from our Terrace Cafe table one day at breakfast.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ontario
1,138 Posts
Joined Apr 2001
The Aegean Odyssey

Tendering

A cold drink and cool towel always was waiting for us before boarding. Also bottled water was always given to us at the bottom of the gangway before our tours.

Our Cruise director Richard - very personable, talented, professional and always around to greet people.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ontario
1,138 Posts
Joined Apr 2001
Originally posted by CalmSea
Thanks for the continuing stream of picture reviews.
Glad you like it. I will continue with our hotel in Athens. I am still wading through all the photos.

Mary
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Montreal
73 Posts
Joined Nov 2012
We have been on the AO from Venice to Athens and stayed in the Grand Bretagne. The view of the Acropoli during breakfast was indeed breathtaking.

Do you happen to have more picture of food or any pictures of the menus in the MDR? The ownership of VTA changed in 2016. I wonder whether this change affected their menu offerings.
Ontario
1,138 Posts
Joined Apr 2001
Originally posted by CalmSea
We have been on the AO from Venice to Athens and stayed in the Grand Bretagne. The view of the Acropoli during breakfast was indeed breathtaking.

Do you happen to have more picture of food or any pictures of the menus in the MDR? The ownership of VTA changed in 2016. I wonder whether this change affected their menu offerings.
Sorry, totally forgot to take photos of menus.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ontario
1,138 Posts
Joined Apr 2001
I have finally organized the hundreds of photos I took. If you would like to see our tours and ports for this voyage, Athens to Venice. I have included the link below.

There are 4 parts to this cruise - Greece: Dubrovnik & Bay of Kodor; Split & Trieste; and Venice. Click on a photo to open the photo blog for each part.

https://maryandnormtravel.blogspot.com/
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Penticton, BC, Canada
343 Posts
Joined Nov 2001
Thanks Mary for these very nice photos that bring back fond memories to me of sailing in this nice little ship in the early nineties around the Greek Isles just after she had been rebuilt the first time, converted from a ro/ro ferry to a mini version of that great deluxe cruise ship HL's Europa, by the Greek family that owned Dolphin Hellas Cruises and called her the Aegean Dolphin. She was very pretty then, but subsequently had a very chequered career and had deteriorated until being saved by Voyages of Antiquity, rebuilt again, and is now a very smart little vessel.