Do all the Steakhouses now have the new menus?

Riley's Mom

I have a steakhouse question. Can anyone answer? When they say you get a free bottle of wine on embarkation night is that referring to one bottle for the table or per guest?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I went it was one for my husband and I to share. I wonder if there were 4 or so people if it's one per couple. You can also get the free bottle the second night (first elegant night) . We opted for half off a better bottle as the free selection wasn't anything we would drink.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

I have a steakhouse question. Can anyone answer? When they say you get a free bottle of wine on embarkation night is that referring to one bottle for the table or per guest?

Officially, it is one bottle per table. This has been reported even when two couples (in different cabins) are dining together. That's the official position. However, some have reported being able to talk the manager into two bottles with two couples at the table.

From personal knowledge, we were able to get two bottles at 50% off with two people at the table. My wife wanted white and I wanted red and we asked very nicely. I think maybe the manager sensed that I REALLY didn't want white wine with my steak.

Officially, it is one bottle per table. This has been reported even when two couples (in different cabins) are dining together. That's the official position. However, some have reported being able to talk the manager into two bottles with two couples at the table.

From personal knowledge, we were able to get two bottles at 50% off with two people at the table. My wife wanted white and I wanted red and we asked very nicely. I think maybe the manager sensed that I REALLY didn't want white wine with my steak.

It is one bottle per reservation. So if the parties book separately you'd get 2.

Try this link and scroll down to post #4

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2559757

Thank you so much for this.

I do have a question- What is Wagu / Is it the Facy expensive cut of beef/steak?

I always order the ribeye at the Steakhouse but am curious about the Wagu.

Thank you,

Thank you so much for this.

I do have a question- What is Wagu / Is it the Facy expensive cut of beef/steak?

I always order the ribeye at the Steakhouse but am curious about the Wagu.

Thank you' date='[/quote']

Wagyu is a breed of cattle. Specifically, a Japanese breed. They are known for extreme marbling. Wagyu beef can be raised outside of Japan, but must be that breed. The most famous Wagyu beef is Kobe beef, which is from Wagyu cattle raised in the Kobe area of Japan.

The cut of Wagyu on the new menu is the flat iron steak.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wagyu is a breed of cattle. Specifically, a Japanese breed. They are known for extreme marbling. Wagyu beef can be raised outside of Japan, but must be that breed. The most famous Wagyu beef is Kobe beef, which is from Wagyu cattle raised in the Kobe area of Japan.

The cut of Wagyu on the new menu is the flat iron steak.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It would be nice if they had added an optional (upcharge) cut of steak which was more traditional. I can understand that they're trying to keep it within budget, hence the flat iron offering.

If I had to come back to life as a cow, it would be as Kobe --- fed beer and hand massaged daily... sweet !!

Tom

What about the Sunshine?

We were on the Sunshine at the end of January. The waitress said ours was the last cruise with the old menu, that the new one would start the first of February, also for the Italian restaurant.