ROTTERDAM Upcoming Drydock

foodsvcmgr

Here's an update for Rotterdam's dry-dock in Freeport from 25 Oct - 03 Nov 2017:

Showroom at Sea changed to “the Mainstage”; Shorex changed to ‘Journey’s ashore’; Front Office changed to ‘Guest Services’; Lincoln Center Stage in the forward part of the Explorers Lounge; Suite upgrades and enhancements, incl. new sofa, lounge and desk chairs, carpeting and wall covers, a quartz stone top on the desk, dresser, nightstands and makeup vanity. Electronic upgrades include a USB outlet added the bed's headboard, LED reading lights and a lighted closet rod. An interactive TV system on a large LED flat-screen TV’s with complimentary movies on demand as well as access to the daily program and shipboard information incl. restaurant overviews, spa services and guest billing; bathroom enhancements; A Bose iPod docking station, in-cabin coffee and espresso machine in Neptune and Pinnacle suites only; standard stateroom upgrades incl. the wall-mounted flat TV. There's talk - unconfirmed, about a “smaller version of “Explorations Central” in the Crow’s Nest

• 1 month later...
I was able to get it open. Here it is copy and pasted:

"Ship: Rotterdam

Dates: October 26 - November 3, 2017

Details: As part of a $300 million investment, Holland America is updating entertainment, dining and suites across its fleet between 2016 and 2018. Rotterdam will see updates this fall during a dry dock in Freeport, Bahamas. While enhancements will vary by ship, all Vista- Signature- and Rotterdam-class ships will receive new furniture, carpeting and wall covers, as well as a new quartz stone top on the desk, dresser, nightstands and makeup vanity. Electronic upgrades include a USB outlet added the bed's headboard, LED reading lights and a lighted closet rod. Suite passengers will also have access to a new interactive TV system with free movies on demand, in-cabin coffee and espresso machine, binoculars for use during the sailing, free mimosas with ensuite breakfast and more."

So, it looks as though just the suites are getting the upgrades. Not the other stateroom categories. Am I reading that correctly?

I'm sure many of us will be watching to see how extensive the refurbishments are post drydock. Will it be like the past where it's basics only, or will she get a more extensive redo akin to what the Westerdam went through where virtually all carpets and fabrics are replaced ship wide and many areas get new furnishings as well. this will send a strong signal to me as to how much longer HAL plan on keeping the R-class in the fleet. If it's less than 5-7 years, I'd expect basics only, if it's 7-10 plus then I'd expect something more extensive.

Question for Copper John...

John, do you know if ALL staterooms on the Rotterdam are being refurbished during drydock or suites only? We're booked in an OV on Lower Promenade in February.

Much thanks! ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...