Question about the Punchliner Brunch

watermo

I have yet to be on a cruise that has the Punchliner Brunch and I was wondering, is this a buffet or do you order from the menu.

Thanks

It is served in the MDR and you order from a menu. Try the huevos rancheras... to die for. Also, the hand-made bloody marys are incredible as well.

I think they discontinued the 3 minute comic routine... which is a good thing.

We like breakfast in the MDR but like to eat early like around 8 a.m. Can you still go early for breakfast early and not brunch?

No breakfast in the DR on days they have Brunch.:mad: We like to go early also and 9am is the time it starts on the Conquest (9:30am on the Breeze last Dec...way too late for breakfast. Going to try lunch there I guess.

No breakfast in the DR on days they have Brunch.:mad: We like to go early also and 9am is the time it starts on the Conquest (9:30am on the Breeze last Dec...way too late for breakfast. Going to try lunch there I guess.

So they don't do the brunch every day?

I guess we'll be eating more often for breakfast in the buffet.

So they don't do the brunch every day?

I guess we'll be eating more often for breakfast in the buffet.

Port days they have the early breakfast in the MDR. That being said, love the new brunch.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We like breakfast in the MDR but like to eat

early like around 8 a.m. Can you still go early for breakfast early and not brunch?

Dixieva, the brunch is on sea days and its really pretty good. The only problem is they don't start it until 8:30 and if you go to brunch you don't get a spot on serenity or on lido. Port days its the regular breakfast.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The punchliner brunch is only on sea days, on port days they still have breakfast in the MDR, but there is no lunch in the MDR. I believe it started at 8:30 on the breeze, but it seems to vary by ship. I think at one point it started after 9, but I would imagine a lot of people want to eat breakfast before that.

The menu had lots of good stuff, of course I have a hard time deviating from my beloved eggs benedict. They had cheese grits which made it just that much better.

9653080131_e509cd358d.jpg

Eggs Benedict and Cheese Grits by alrichards4003, on Flickr

It is served in the MDR and you order from a menu. Try the huevos rancheras... to die for. Also, the hand-made bloody marys are incredible as well.

I think they discontinued the 3 minute comic routine... which is a good thing.

The stand up comedy has been discontinued.

No...they still do the comedy - at least on the Breeze - as of 2 weeks ago.

It is definitely awkward...not sure who thinks comedy and breakfast was a good idea! :rolleyes:

There are more breakfast items than lunch items on the Brunch menu in the MDR & they are quite good. My favorite was the juevos rancheros followed by the steak (small filet mignon) & eggs. I did not care for their Eggs Benedict though, as the slice of canadian bacon was so thick that the saltiness overpowered the dish. My son enjoyed the churros which come with chocolate sauce for dipping.

The stand up comedy has been discontinued.

Actually I believe they are still doing the stand-up comedy on the Glory. We did not attend. but the Fun Times listed specific times for the comedy so I assume they still had it.

We had the comedians on our recent Sunshine cruise. It was awkward to say the least and not very funny.

I did feel pressured into ordering everything that I wanted in one go, rather than ordering as I wanted each course. However the food was pretty good and the French Toast with Frosties was amazing.

They are still doing the comedy at the Brunch on the Spendor as of last week. It's only 2-3 mins long and not worth it but whatever...we go to the brunch b/c we like the menu. We always order breakfast..favorite being huevos rancheros. They only did the brunch on sea days and on port days they had the regular breakfast in the DR. The brunch started at 9am on the Splendor.

Archived