Connecting Cabins on the Regal

travellingnana

There are adjacent balcony cabins that may not have connecting doors. Our previous balcony cabin had none but the balcony divider can be opened. If you can specify the cabin no., others may be able to chime in on how "the balconies connect" you read on the Princess website applies to said cabin.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Many cabins have balconies that can connect with the adjacent cabin. That does not mean that there is a connecting door inside the cabin. They can open part of the partition separating the balconies.

Princess now shows connecting cabins on the deck plans. Go to the deck plan for your ship and deck. Under Staterooms, there is a checkbox for Connecting cabins. Check that box and see what cabins are highlighted. If yours is highlighted, then it has a connecting door; if not, not.

In addition to Connecting cabins, the deck plan also allows you to specify a number of guests in the cabin (Any, 1, 2, 3, or 4) and whether it is Wheelchair Accessible. This makes it much easier to find then the small symbols they used to have on the deck plans. Princess actually did something right in a change to their website.:)

On the newer ships, and I think the Regal is one, the connection between the cabins is actually done in the hallway rather than via a connecting door inside the cabins. They put up a petition in those v shaped openings so you can move between the two cabins without going out into the corridor. If it's just connecting balconies, then it's the partition that can be removed if you want that otherwise it stays in place.

The Regal (and Royal, its sister ship) do have some connecting balcony cabins, meaning a connecting door inside the cabins. They are marked on the deck plan and if you select one of them it will show that it connects and to which cabin number it connects. If it doesn't connect to another cabin it will say "N/A" in the "connecting cabin" spot. There will be a connecting door inside the cabins. Any two balcony/mini suite/suite cabins can connect their balconies together, if they are side by side and if there is no fire door between them. A fire door shows on the deck plan as a small black arrow in the (outer) hallway.

These ships also have some connecting interior cabins. I booked a pair of them for next summer. When you select the cabin it will show that it connects and the connecting cabin number. Again, if it says "N/A" then it doesn't connect to another cabin. Obviously the connecting door will be inside the cabins since they don't have balconies.

the Ruby has connecting cabins. Connects inside. Great when traveling with kids of all ages. We had balcony cabins, and four of them were connecting on Caribe deck in the 500's.We had our kids and grandkids and it was nice that the parents had access to their children's cabins(they were teens). These were a recent addition. This was also available on Baja deck.

For mini suites on the ship, they connected on Emerald deck.

We also enjoyed that we could open the balconies and had access there too.

Thanks everybody. Different deck plans that I looked at did not show that my cabin connected (B501). The Princess website shows them as connecting cabins, but then specifically states that the balconies connect, hence my confusion. I'm assuming that if there is an interior door I might want to switch??

I'm looking at cabin B501 on Regal on the Princess website deck plan and it shows it as a connecting cabin (connects to B503). It would have an interior connecting door.

It appears that the identical cabin (B502) on the port side is not a connecting cabin. Perhaps that one is still available if you want to switch.

We were in B409 recently and as per the plans, there was an internal connecting door. I don't think there was any extra noise coming from the adjacent room because of the doorway.

The balcony could be opened in either direction, not just to the 'connecting room'

These balcony divides are opened when the crew need to clean the glass balcony rails, something that was done once during our 11 day cruise. Our steward warned us that they were going to be working on the balcony.

Thank you for all your replies. I was able to move to C505 (we wanted to stay on that side of the ship). I was a little afraid of potential noise from that connecting interior door, plus I thought it might be nice to leave that cabin open in case someone else actually needed a connecting cabin. The one that connected to it had not been booked yet.

I've just realized that the cabin I've booked might connect to the one next door. The Princess website says that "the balconies connect." Does that mean that the interior of the rooms will have a connecting door, or not? Thanks!

No it does not.

That is the perfect solution switching to C505! Now you don't have to worry about the interior connecting door. And it is indeed nice of you to leave the connecting pair open for a family who could use it (like my group of five). Enjoy your cruise! :)

• 3 months later...

On the Royal, D714 had no indication in the Cruise Atlas that it connects. And, the Cruise Critic deck plan doesn't indicate that it connects. But if you go to the Princess website and actually click on D714 it says:

Special Notes:

CONNECTS WITH D717

Also, when you go to the Princess website, and look at deck plans, on the left under staterooms there is a box to check if you want to see the connecting rooms. And, it shows that these 2 connect.

What I don't understand is that when I called Princess and asked if D714 connects, they said no. But, it definitely say it connects on the website. I'm confused!

On the newer ships, and I think the Regal is one, the connection between the cabins is actually done in the hallway rather than via a connecting door inside the cabins. They put up a petition in those v shaped openings so you can move between the two cabins without going out into the corridor. If it's just connecting balconies, then it's the partition that can be removed if you want that otherwise it stays in place.

Are there any pictures of this setup?

Does this help keep down the noise that is common when there are just two doors in the wall?