Faster to fun embarkation early

Reenie75

So paid off cruise and the rep asks me if I'd like to purchase faster to fun tickets? I've never done or heard of this, quite surprise they charge extra to be pushed to the front of the line. Anyways is it worth it? I'd like to get onto the cruise about 1:30pm so what time should I show up?

Cruising on Liberty at PC, ship is supposedy almost full.

Go to Carnival's site and look up Faster to the Fun to see what it involves...

Ok I googled it. It' given a better explanation. I'l pass on this we are only going 4 days but will remember it when we go to Hawaii with Carnival. ;)Thanks!

The PVP was offering the chance to purchase it right then. Not a freebie. The OP had never heard of it and wanted to know if is would be worth it. Since they are doing a 4 day cruise and want to board at 1:30 they decided not to buy it this cruise.

So paid off cruise and the rep asks me if I'd like to purchase faster to fun tickets? I've never done or heard of this, quite surprise they charge extra to be pushed to the front of the line. Anyways is it worth it? I'd like to get onto the cruise about 1:30pm so what time should I show up?

Others have answered your FTTF question well enough, I'll pass.

But you asked what time you should show up if you want to board around 1:30... have you selected a check-in time from your online checkin on the Carnival site? If not, you probably want to do that now. To board around 1:30 I'd suggest you look for a checkin time of 12:30-1 PM then arrive at the port close to 1. That way you can drop your luggage, go through security, check in and pretty much board straight away.

At Carnival now, no one is allowed to go to your cabin until 1:30pm. It’s a waste to pay fttf

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not true, to my knowledge... no one except VIPs (Plat/Diamond) or FTTF is allowed to go to their cabins til around 1:30. Unless something changed this week (and believe me, we'd have heard about it on these boards!) FTTF is still allowed to go to their cabins as soon as they board.

Not true, to my knowledge... no one except VIPs (Plat/Diamond) or FTTF is allowed to go to their cabins til around 1:30. Unless something changed this week (and believe me, we'd have heard about it on these boards!) FTTF is still allowed to go to their cabins as soon as they board.

^ +1..... you are absolutely correct on that. I will always purchase the FTTF because regardless of Cruise length, it is worth it to me to get on the boat quicker as well as the other perks.

Hi

If you are looking at getting on the ship around 1:30 p.m., I would save my money and not bother with the FTTF. If this was your main reason for purchasing it, don't, it's not worth it.

Just pick a check in time around 1p.m. By that time people would have been boarding for a couple of hours, the big line ups are gone. You would proceed with check-in and boarding with little or no delays. You would be getting on the ship around 1:30 p.m. and by then the cabins are generally ready, so you would be able to proceed directly to your cabin.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

So I have an 11:30-12pm arrival appointment and I do not have FTTF. I can still board during that time, right? Or will I be bumped by anyone showing up early that did purchase FTTF?

You won't be bumped, you'll just get in line with them too - or they may have a separate line, depending on terminal configuration I guess.

They process about 3000 people in about 4 hours. One extra or even one dozen extra groups in front of you should have marginal difference on time to board (and remember, check-in does not equal boarding - if the ship is late coming in or getting ready, everybody gets to wait!).

So I have an 11:30-12pm arrival appointment and I do not have FTTF. I can still board during that time, right? Or will I be bumped by anyone showing up early that did purchase FTTF?

No, you don't get bumped. FTTF just gets to go to their rooms as soon as they board instead of having to wait until 1:30. I know at the Galveston port, FTTF has a separate check in line, then after that it's all the same line boarding the ship. That's at least how it was on our cruise last year. I'm cruising out of New Orleans in 2 months. Not sure how it is there. But...I paid again for FTTF. It's worth it to me.

I'm a little confused on why a shorter cruise would make it less worth purchasing?

Just speculation on their part, but it doesn't matter. What matters is the OP was offered it today when they paid off their cruise. Another opportunity for Carnival to make a few more dollars.

No, you don't get bumped. FTTF just gets to go to their rooms as soon as they board instead of having to wait until 1:30. I know at the Galveston port, FTTF has a separate check in line, then after that it's all the same line boarding the ship. That's at least how it was on our cruise last year. I'm cruising out of New Orleans in 2 months. Not sure how it is there. But...I paid again for FTTF. It's worth it to me.

I think boarding is as follows: wedding parties, passengers requiring assistance, then diamond, platinum and passengers booked into suites. FTTF passengers come next, followed by general boarding by zone. The first two groups may come after the diamond, platinum and suite passengers....can't remember which order they go.

It's a waste of $$$$.

Your time is not for boarding - it's for checking in. You will get a zone number and board based on what time the ship is cleared from the last cruise, with weddings, diamond/platinum, suites and FTTF going first, then they start with Zone 1.

I think boarding is as follows: wedding parties, passengers requiring assistance, then diamond, platinum and passengers booked into suites. FTTF passengers come next, followed by general boarding by zone. The first two groups may come after the diamond, platinum and suite passengers....can't remember which order they go.

Keys2Heaven- your original order was correct, weddings first, then VIPs, then FTTF. Then they begin boarding by zones. The only thing that’s different I believe is that guests requiring assistance don’t get advanced boarding, just support when they’re scheduled to board. I think they used to board early years ago, but not anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The perks to FTTF are: Earlier boarding/room entry. Priority line at guest services.(regular lines can be REALLY long at times). Priority for tenders, if cruise has a port tender. Priority for making Dinner reservations at Specialty Restaurant. Priority disembarkation.

For me, the biggest perk of FTTF wasn’t priority boarding and room entry. It was the guest services line. When my key card fell out of my pocket I did two things, go straight to guest services and skip the mile long line to get my card back, and then report directly to the fun shops for a lanyard [emoji23] Having the guest services priority was worth its weight in gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums