Live - Anthem of the Seas 2-9-18 to 2-17-18

seadog67

Enjoyed your posts. I previously parked in the open lot prior to building the parking garage, if you used the garage could you please provide recommendations as to dropping off luggage vs. bringing them from the garage also taking luggage back to the vehicle. How and when is payment made for using the garage. Appreciate any guidance.

Enjoyed your posts. I previously parked in the open lot prior to building the parking garage, if you used the garage could you please provide recommendations as to dropping off luggage vs. bringing them from the garage also taking luggage back to the vehicle. How and when is payment made for using the garage. Appreciate any guidance.

As to the garage we have used it three times now. It is $20 per day, you pay after the cruise. Be sure to pay at the kiosks outside the garage, before returning to your car. You pay then get a ticket then go to your car then insert the ticket at the exit when leaving with your car.

On arrival you drop your bag with the porter then head to the garage.

The only issue with the garage is there are two elevators and when leaving after the cruise many drag their luggage to the garage so the line can get long to wait for the elevator after paying if you are on floor 3 or 4.

Today upon leaving we were one of the first off with our suite access so there was no line.

You can probably leave your bags out front of the terminal with a party member then go get your car without the luggage then circle back to pickup your luggage thus not having to wait for the elevator if you can walk up a few flights of stairs. We have not had to do this yet so I do not know how feasible this is, but should be possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone for the kind words and I am glad it was enjoyable. I actually posted less than normal each day compared to past trips so as to not ignore Mrs S as the other reports I could see I was always in my phone. Mrs S is a great sport but I still tried to post less so as to not be totally absentminded.

Thank you again to everyone who posted and followed!

Anyone want to help with the mountain of laundry and grocery shopping now??? :)

Thank you for the wonderful daily postings. They have given me a much better sense of the Anthem and the next five months will surely drag as I am so anxious to experience this ship.

My only concern is the withdrawal I will have since I have been reading your posts at least twice daily for the last nine days!!

Enjoy the laundry!:rolleyes:

Thanks sea dog 67 A Great review. Nice pics I cannot wait to board Anthem 25 Feb 18. A quick question where is A04 Muster Station located

Thanks

Muster Station A01 thru A04 will be in the Royal Theatre. Have a great cruise, we'll be on board too :D

Thanks for a great report - well done. What do you say to people like me who think these ships are too big and crowded?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Try it, you may like it :)

Thank you everyone for the kind words and I am glad it was enjoyable. I actually posted less than normal each day compared to past trips so as to not ignore Mrs S as the other reports I could see I was always in my phone. Mrs S is a great sport but I still tried to post less so as to not be totally absentminded.

Thank you again to everyone who posted and followed!

Anyone want to help with the mountain of laundry and grocery shopping now??? :)

First night home for me is usually........order pizza!:D

Well we made it to Chops to wait our turn to disembark..

Thank you to everyone who followed all week, it was an enjoyable cruise with thankfully nice weather and calm seas.

Hope all Cruise Critics have wonderful cruises whenever it is your turn and anyone leaving today on Anthem, know I will be jealous being back to work while you cruise and play ;)

Seadog67 out for now...

Thank you for amazing report! You answered so many of our questions!!!! Have a safe flight home!

Thanks again everyone for the kind words and I am again, glad it was so enjoyable. I have read so many great reports on here over the years I am happy to give back!

As to should one try Anthem.. if the itinerary is something you would enjoy, I would say give it a go! One way to try is maybe do the 5 night Bermuda Cruise in the spring/summer, if they are still offering that itinerary. That way you get to try it but it is less than 7-8 nights if it is not to your liking.

We picked up the furry Seadogs and we are all back to normal..

See everyone on the boards and hopefully our next cruise, which we have nothing planned yet but give me a few weeks back to work and there will be a new countdown in my signature I am sure!

:)

Thanks Seadog for this awesome report. I followed along the whole time and it gave me insight to Anthem so to get me ready for March 17. I am more and more excited now. Enjoy being home with the furry Seadogs now.

Take care[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know I would really enjoy Wanted. How long was it?

The first 2 nights when they played in the Music Hall it was a full 90 minutes each time. On all my cruises so far on Anthem the tribute bands play 90 minutes on nights one and two in the Music Hall and about an hour in 270 on night 4.

Thanks for a great report - well done. What do you say to people like me who think these ships are too big and crowded?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've sailed on Anthem twice, the last time the same cruise as this one. My DH hates crowded ships, so I didn't tell him how many passengers Anthem carries. He loved this ship. It's very well designed to accommodate the large number of PAX. We never felt as crowded as we have on other cruises. We're booked on her again next July.

Seadog

Loving reading all of your adventures. It is making me so excited about our cruise March 17. We have been on Carnival and NCL before. Everyone tells us we will like RC better because my husband and I are more laid back. We have a balcony on Deck 10 and are so excited. Counting down the days and have been starting to pack already. I will continue to watch your reviews!

I’ll be on that sailing also with a balcony on deck 10! Yay!

We were on this cruise and had an absolutely wonderful time. We had a not so good end to 2017 and 2018 did not start out well either, so this was a much needed cruise for us. The staff and crew were the best and the food in the MDR (subjective for some) was very good. We usually do the longer cruises and enjoyed this 8 night better. There were many families and children on this cruise and it was a welcome change and nice to see families spending time together. Wish we were still there.

Theresa

Today I see some to go cups with lids in cafe promenade. Did not see that previously.

The few times I was in Cafe Promenade I asked for the go cups. They kept them behind the counter.

Well we made it to Chops to wait our turn to disembark..

Thank you to everyone who followed all week, it was an enjoyable cruise with thankfully nice weather and calm seas.

Hope all Cruise Critics have wonderful cruises whenever it is your turn and anyone leaving today on Anthem, know I will be jealous being back to work while you cruise and play ;)

Seadog67 out for now...

Thank you so much for sharing your cruise with us. Sorry it had come to an end. I really enjoyed all the videos and pictures and especially your commentary. Great job

• 2 months later...
Burr!! 28 degrees!! This is so cool!! I'm loving and going to enjoy following along!!

We are doing this same cruise in 26 January. We are coming from Australia where it will be 90 degrees. All of our cruising to date has been shorts and tee shirt weather. This will be an experience. We will be like the Jamaican bobsled team when they walked out of the airport in Cool Runnings

• 5 weeks later...
Seafood Tower ($19 upcharge) 3.5 out of 5 Forks. Lobster Tail was perfect, Stone Crab and Shrimp were ok to good, we skipped the mussels and Clams that were supposed to come with it.

18a8cb99baa58f7071385947ade9e97c.jpg

387ca1cc190455ed17ad9b69368fea60.jpg

9 Oz Filet 3.75 Forks out of 5

55293d4a49217a1237b00f19a7909438.jpg

Overall a nice and relaxing meal.

But you guys were Star Class, it was included right? I read somewhere else that this replaced the upgrade to the dry aged steak, which last time we sailed Star Class that upgrade was included. sailing Star again next year and wanted to make sure this was included